The Amazing Race 33

Sonofjorel76

I’m wondering if Akbar is too heavy for the rope and harness stuff because that’s the only way it makes sense that his wife did the road block and that she’s apparently bungee jumping or something in the preview for next week.

I wish they would have some basic physical conditioning requirements for teams they select. Not everyone needs to be a super athlete, but it kinda sucks watching Sheri struggle and Akbar criticize her, especially when his body habitus prevents him from doing certain roadblocks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Akbar is also kind of a dick. Sheri did the last 2 roadblocks because he is physically incapable, then hours later he is back to criticizing her over being slow.

Arun and Natalia are embarrassingly bad at this. They should have been eliminated.

I will look forward to them being eliminated a third time next show.  It's inevitable.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Arun and Natalia said they've watched the show a bunch but didn't seem to figure out that learning how to read a map and use a compass are one of the most basic skills you need for this show. Not sending them home is just delaying the inevitable. 

It had to be a day-of producers' decision.  "So we brought back two teams and those two teams are gone again in the first two legs?  Hmmm... Non-elimination leg!"

24 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

They didn't even mention a Speed Bump for them next leg. That will be lame if they get off with their only penalty being to start in last place.

There are three starting times for the next leg.  They are the only team starting in the last time slot.  That may or may not be an adequate penalty, depending on the gaps.  On the other hand, they likely finished further behind the next to last place team than they will be forced to wait, but we have seen that may times before, where all teams end up with a fresh start due to transportation schedules or business openings.    

The only team that I see them possibly catching is Akbar and Sheri, unless someone else makes a huge navigation blunder.  

7 hours ago, DanRydell said:

It was nice to see Akbar’s pitiful performance being the one that sent them home after what an asshole he’s been to his wife over how she’s performed each week.

I’ve mostly liked Ryan and Dusty so far but Dusty was obnoxious as shit this week.

That dude was struggling!  Stumbling and bouncing off rocks in the water, looking like Tyson just double jabbed him.  I would have gladly watched that whole water sequence with him.  I didn't think he would make it up the hill at the end of the challenge.

Lol at the flight attendant making fun of the guys' muscles after running the last 2 legs in a sports bra.  Not that I mind the latter.

Also, I now want to go to Corsica and do the river/obstacle course.

Glad there's a food challenge next week.  These have always been my favorite going back to the earlier seasons of Survivor and Fear Factor.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Great job Akbar. Constantly criticize your wife for being too slow, but she completed her roadblocks in a reasonable time and you were sloooow on your own roadblock to the point of getting eliminated.

Dusty was intense this episode. I don’t have anything against them but I’d kinda like to see them make a fatal mistake and get eliminated because his meltdown will be epic.

Raquel brought the heat in this leg.

I’m surprised by how much I like Lulu/Lala and Penn/Kim. Both teams are enjoyable to watch, mostly positive attitudes, good racers.

Goddamn, the father/daughter pair could get lost in a fucking grocery store.  It will be criminal if they make it to the final three.

Laughing at Lulu and Lala eating the souvlaki twice.  They are not the sharpest.

Raquel has some wonderfully fat titties.

Kim and Penn are rocking it.  Really hope they win.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

They are spectacular

Week or so ago they showed them prominently as she was reading a clue.  I said 'That's a helluva shot.'  Wife replied, "yep".

The Indians are one of the worst teams I have ever witnessed and the amount of second chances they have gotten are unprecedented.  It's ridiculous.  I get they have to maybe stretch the show a bit but dang.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:14 PM, Moby Ric said:

Film crew knew what they were doing on that episode.

Yep.  Even my wife notced.

And to pile on to father/daughter, the dad said sonething about struggling with a manual transmission, and that he hadn't used one since being eliminated last year.  You think that, perhaps, you should have practiced before coming back?

On 2/20/2022 at 10:33 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  Even my wife notced.

And to pile on to father/daughter, the dad said sonething about struggling with a manual transmission, and that he hadn't used one since being eliminated last year.  You think that, perhaps, you should have practiced before coming back?

I'm guessing they didn't have a lot of notice that they would be invited back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Family got caught up on the episodes and I watched with them for the second time.  I didn't realize how awful the father-daughter team is the first go-around.  It's going to be a travesty if they somehow pull out a win.

Also, Sherry and Akbar were comedy gold.  I hope they get invited back.

S: "Hey, I climbed that mountain"

A: "Congratulations"

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure on episode 3 or 4, a couple of teams mentioned some of the prep work they did between the break, so they knew they'd be back at some point.  

Actually, I heard they had an appointment to do some manual transmission driving practice, but they got lost on the way there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Four teams remaining, wiki says there are three legs remaining.  So, unless the show has changed the final episode to be final 2 vs. final 3, tonight will be a non-elimination leg.  Is it possible dad and daughter could come in last four times and still make the final???

On 2/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure on episode 3 or 4, a couple of teams mentioned some of the prep work they did between the break, so they knew they'd be back at some point.  

Yeah, but the father daughter team had already been eliminated.  They probably didn't know they were coming back until the last minute, after other, non-eliminated teams dropped out.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Too many NELs this season. I get there are fewer teams so trying to stretch it out, but I’d rather have fewer total episodes and still feel like most of them actually count.

I would prefer a non-Pit Stop end of episode than another NEL. You can still play it up with the last team for the "elimination" drama like Phil did this leg before handing them the next clue. But considering the circumstances I'm just happy to watch another season.

Happy with the result, which is a major surprise for me, considering I entered the season expecting the Holdernesses to irritate the shit out of me based on their hokey videos. They seem like good people, and I appreciate Penn asking for them to show the crew at the end. A deserving Final Three, and a deserving winner. 

• Like 1