Taco Bell has launched chicken wings and a taco subscription

immamac

Just now, Brothahorn said:

I'll never understand the love of Taco Bell. They use a caulk gun for the meat.

Here's what's to understand, as explained by my teenage son, who is skinny but continues to try to bulk up:

It is among the quickest and cheapest calories-per-dollar things out there.  That's it.  He literally orders whatever value combo they are offering at the time, selecting the highest-calorie options.  And he gets out of there for $5-$6.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

If you don't come out of the gate asking them to sponsor the Shart 2022 thread, you deserve to have this website taken from you. 

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's what's to understand, as explained by my teenage son, who is skinny but continues to try to bulk up:

It is among the quickest and cheapest calories-per-dollar things out there.  That's it.  He literally orders whatever value combo they are offering at the time, selecting the highest-calorie options.  And he gets out of there for $5-$6.

Yup. Whenever I want to feel full as fuck and absolutely disgusting for $4.31, I know exactly where to go.

Edited by aggie08
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Hey man Taco Casa is cheaper than Taco Bell, better tasting, fresher and leaves you feeling just as nasty. They also don't play with their cheese or meat per item either. I usually get 2 bean burritos which are stupidly filled to the brim and end up stuffed as hell with what I imagine is near 1000 calories for $3.50.

image.jpeg.690f0931e7a523d96882a4d59c4b1541.jpeg

Taco Casa - Hurst, TX

I don't think they're nationwide though or they'd run Taco Bell out of business.

Damn...That looks like the Taco Bell of my youth and one that I would go to.  I haven't been to Taco Bell in years since they no longer are an actual taco place.  Fuck you Taco Bell.  If I want wings or chicken I will go to a wings or chicken place.  I want Taco Casa to Houston now. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Hey man Taco Casa is cheaper than Taco Bell, better tasting, fresher and leaves you feeling just as nasty. They also don't play with their cheese or meat per item either. I usually get 2 bean burritos which are stupidly filled to the brim and end up stuffed as hell with what I imagine is near 1000 calories for $3.50.

Taco Casa - Hurst, TX

I don't think they're nationwide though or they'd run Taco Bell out of business.

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

Damn...That looks like the Taco Bell of my youth and one that I would go to.  I haven't been to Taco Bell in years since they no longer are an actual taco place.  Fuck you Taco Bell.  If I want wings or chicken I will go to a wings or chicken place.  I want Taco Casa to Houston now. 

That's because Taco Casa uses the old recipes. Apparently somebody who used to work for Taco Bell started Taco Casa. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Tell your son that is why he is going to struggle to bulk. I assume he’s an athlete. He needs good protein. One of the things I regret most from sports when I was younger was not knowing much about nutrition and how important it was. 

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

Tell your son that is why he is going to struggle to bulk. I assume he’s an athlete. He needs good protein. One of the things I regret most from sports when I was younger was not knowing much about nutrition and how important it was. 

Yeah, have pushed the protein angle on him hard.  He's living on the poor student budget, but he's learned about cooking lots of cheap chicken and pork, so there's progress.  Beans and eggs also (and he goes bean-heavy at Taco Bell).

ngl i got the taco pass this morning.  4 doritos supreme and i'm even. 

46 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

you aren't kidding about being stuffed as hell on 2 burritos there.  next time i'm way the fuck out in the burbs i'm getting a chilada and a taco. 

Edited by elfenix

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

ngl i got the taco pass this morning.  4 doritos supreme and i'm even. 

It's really a good deal, especially for college kids. I would've been all over it instead of looking for quarters in the couch hoping to come up with a Jack in the Box burger in there.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It's really a good deal, especially for college kids. I would've been all over it instead of looking for quarters in the couch hoping to come up with a Jack in the Box burger in there.

When I was in college, they had the 59 79 99 value menu.  And fuck those rich boy 79 and 99 cent options.  59 cent menu all the way.  You could get 5 items for $3, and pay the sales tax with the change in your car's cupholder.  I had a buddy who ate there damned near EVERY DAY.  At one point senior year, as he sat down to eat his latest haul,  he ponders and says "you know.....I bet I've eaten well over 3,000 taco bell items since I came to school."

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, have pushed the protein angle on him hard.  He's living on the poor student budget, but he's learned about cooking lots of cheap chicken and pork, so there's progress.  Beans and eggs also (and he goes bean-heavy at Taco Bell).
Those probably aren't beans.

Also, young adults I can understand eating that crap. But once you're over 30 do your body a favor and stop eating horse, donkey, mule meat.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Also, this pisses me off. They can add chicken wings but can't bring back the double decker taco or XXL grilled burrito. WTF??

QFMFT.  I didn’t eat there a whole lot, but now I loathe it. How tf you get rid of the double decker?  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I had a buddy who ate there damned near EVERY DAY.  At one point senior year, as he sat down to eat his latest haul,  he ponders and says "you know.....I bet I've eaten well over 3,000 taco bell items since I came to school."

He wouldn’t happen to be vegetarian? My boss is a vegetarian from India, and when he first went to work, he ate at Taco Bell every day for something like 18 months. Didn’t have any friends in the office and whatnot, and it was across the street and I guess had a good, cheap, veggie item.  I highly doubt he’s eaten it since, but always funny when he tells that story (he’s rich af and very high society type guy, even back to his roots in India). 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was in college, they had the 59 79 99 value menu.  And fuck those rich boy 79 and 99 cent options.  59 cent menu all the way.  You could get 5 items for $3, and pay the sales tax with the change in your car's cupholder.  I had a buddy who ate there damned near EVERY DAY.  At one point senior year, as he sat down to eat his latest haul,  he ponders and says "you know.....I bet I've eaten well over 3,000 taco bell items since I came to school."

I was in high school when that special came out, one of our friend's older brother just turned 16 and asked us if we wanted to go for a ride in his new car. One of my friends started chanting the "59, 79, 99" slogan until we all picked up on it.

Driving to Taco Bell without any parents and I had $5 on me to order off the 59 79 99 menu. I felt like a grown up that day.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

He wouldn’t happen to be vegetarian? My boss is a vegetarian from India, and when he first went to work, he ate at Taco Bell every day for something like 18 months. Didn’t have any friends in the office and whatnot, and it was across the street and I guess had a good, cheap, veggie item.  I highly doubt he’s eaten it since, but always funny when he tells that story (he’s rich af and very high society type guy, even back to his roots in India). 

Yep, we had a couple of vegans on tour with us one time and taco bell was the only vegan fast food option, so we hit it quite a bit that trip, especially when we were in bumfuck rust belt states.

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I have a friend who played semi-pro football in DFW for many, many years and one of those years there was a team based out of Gainesville that won the title. They were sponsored by Taco Casa which I thought was pretty cool. 

Semi-pro?

image.gif.cf12c5d403c1b9af3421028c628e7c4c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Taco Casa - Hurst, TX

Taco Casa is my shameful, once every two months pleasure. I'll pass 3 places with high quality tacos to go to that sewer plant. It's wonderfully awful. 

4 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

This right here.  Tuna from the can.  Eat it until you puke.

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

This right here.  Tuna from the can.  Eat it until you puke.

Egg whites have become pretty reasonably priced. Or at least they seem much more economical in protein/$ than I remember. I think a $4 container has about 90 g.  Make about half and mix it with and avocado and some hot sauce.  He’s young and trying to gain wait, so mix it with some decent pasta or rice. Or potato. 

Now that I’ve typed all that I’m hungry and going to go eat some tacos. 

12 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Egg whites have become pretty reasonably priced. Or at least they seem much more economical in protein/$ than I remember. I think a $4 container has about 90 g.  Make about half and mix it with and avocado and some hot sauce.  He’s young and trying to gain wait, so mix it with some decent pasta or rice. Or potato. 

And you're kid is a little asshole.  "Oh no my high metabolism won't let me gain weight!"  Boo fuckimg hoo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, immamac said:

Fifteen years from now, Taco Bell's menu will more closely resemble Applebee's menu than their original menu...

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Taco Casa - Hurst, TX

GOT DAMN!!!  I miss Taco Casa.

I lived in Weatherford for 20 years and it was my family's monthly treat (I had 9 kids so it was somewhat affordable.).  They knew when I showed up.

"I need 9 bean burritos.  9 soft tacos.  9 chili burgers with cheese."  Then, I'd order some food for my wife and I.

It really is SOOOO much better than all the other fast food Mex places...

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Taco Casa - Hurst, TX

“It’s not food. It’s ecstasy for your face” 

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Egg whites are not for bulking they are only useful for cutting if you need a shot of protein without the calories or for people trying to lose weight.