Taco Bell has launched chicken wings and a taco subscription

immamac

13 hours ago, immamac said:

It's OK, just keep your arms and legs away from his face.

18 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I'll never understand the love of Taco Bell. They use a caulk gun for the meat.  magic recipe meat flavored paste.

was eating in a Taco Bell on a road trip to Nawlins( Ying and yang on the food scale, eh?) and they actually had a promo poster proclaiming the "magic recipe" of their alleged meat.  It has since been in our lexicon as  a pretty good shot at any shoddy work.

Plus 1 on Taco Casa and the Chelada.  Taco Villa in West Texas is always our choice over Taco Bell.

Edited by slorch

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's what's to understand, as explained by my teenage son, who is skinny but continues to try to bulk up:

It is among the quickest and cheapest calories-per-dollar things out there.  That's it.  He literally orders whatever value combo they are offering at the time, selecting the highest-calorie options.  And he gets out of there for $5-$6.

My son is going into his third year at UT, 6’ tall and weighs 130 pounds. He played soccer in HS so his metabolism was understandable, but now he just smokes weed and still can’t put on weight. 

17 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

GOT DAMN!!!  I miss Taco Casa.

I lived in Weatherford for 20 years and it was my family's monthly treat (I had 9 kids so it was somewhat affordable.).  They knew when I showed up.

"I need 9 bean burritos.  9 soft tacos.  9 chili burgers with cheese."  Then, I'd order some food for my wife and I.

It really is SOOOO much better than all the other fast food Mex places...

Pardon me, what??

On 1/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, Brisketexan said:

Here's what's to understand, as explained by my teenage son, who is skinny but continues to try to bulk up:

It is among the quickest and cheapest calories-per-dollar things out there.  That's it.  He literally orders whatever value combo they are offering at the time, selecting the highest-calorie options.  And he gets out of there for $5-$6.

His dad’s a lawyer. Can’t you afford some ‘roids for him? Would be a lot healthier than Taco Bell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We used to have Taco Casa here in Longview but the local hamburger joint owner bought it and changed the name to Jucy’s Taco. Name of his hamburger place is Jucy’s Hamburger, bet y’all didn’t see that coming. 

anyway, since then they added chicken and steak options to the menu. It’s pretty damn good 

Ag with kids did God’s work and fostered kids, FYI for those shocked by the 9 kids comment. Always makes me chuckle people don’t know that and treated him like a selfish criminal on other boards.

Had Taco Bueno the other day. That was regrettable. It’s not as good as Taco Bell even.

• Fuck You 2

19 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Ag with kids did God’s work and fostered kids, FYI for those shocked by the 9 kids comment.

Was about to suggest he become AgWithVasectomy

19 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Had Taco Bueno the other day. That was regrettable. It’s not as good as Taco Bell even.

You must not have ate a muchaco with sour cream. At least their meat makes you think you are eating real beef. The Bueno in Katy is the only one in like 200 miles of Houston. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Was about to suggest he become AgWithVasectomy

You must not have ate a muchaco with sour cream. At least their meat makes you think you are eating real beef. The Bueno in Katy is the only one in like 200 miles of Houston. 

Exactly where I was (Katy). And no, has the big nachos.

Edited by TurkeyChew

Taco Bell was great in the late 90s. Chili Cheese Burrito + Jerry Springer in the afternoon was my routine for a while. Then the non-taco items got axed from the menu while the regular tacos got shittier. Young people today will never know how good Taco Bell used to be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

Ag with kids did God’s work and fostered kids, FYI for those shocked by the 9 kids comment. Always makes me chuckle people don’t know that and treated him like a selfish criminal on other boards.

Your opinion is wrong and you suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those wings look awful. Properly sauced wings leave more sauce on your fingers. He’s licking his nearly dry fingers. Worse yet, there’s no sauce sticking to the inside of the box! Wtf? Oh, right, it’s Taco Bell. Probably the last place in the world I’d go for wings. And are those wings breaded? That would be another fail. But hell, I guess if you’re not going to sauce them then you may as well bread them. Who cares? And I figure there’s no chance that’s not a container of ranch dressing in the box.

Philistines.

DCBDD3AC-7D07-4BAA-8123-9B8F36885EAE.thumb.png.8f3e79efe85599aa3823bfb02153c971.png

3 hours ago, BERT said:

We used to have Taco Casa here in Longview but the local hamburger joint owner bought it and changed the name to Jucy’s Taco. Name of his hamburger place is Jucy’s Hamburger, bet y’all didn’t see that coming. 

anyway, since then they added chicken and steak options to the menu. It’s pretty damn good 

We got this place here in El Paso called Taco Tote, there's never a good reason for Taco Bell, unless you like terrible food. 

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Taco Bell is dead to me until they bring back the Mexican Pizza.  I will never forgive them for dropping it from the menu.

Mexican pizza was the only thing I've gotten from there in years. 

Taco Bueno, while not as good as it was in the 80s and 90s before they changed their whole appearance, is miles better than taco bell. The Mexi Dips and Chips is still solid and they have the best 2 fast food hot sauces by a mile. 

Taco casa is also solid. Spicy burrito and a Taco lite for me.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 11:44 AM, Brisketexan said:

When I was in college, they had the 59 79 99 value menu.  And fuck those rich boy 79 and 99 cent options.  59 cent menu all the way.  You could get 5 items for $3, and pay the sales tax with the change in your car's cupholder.  I had a buddy who ate there damned near EVERY DAY.  At one point senior year, as he sat down to eat his latest haul,  he ponders and says "you know.....I bet I've eaten well over 3,000 taco bell items since I came to school."

same timeframe for me.  On Wednesdays from 11-1 the TB near my HS had a .29 crispy taco deal.  It was fucking amazing for High School.  We lived in Delaware at the time, no sales tax

we would go in and fucking stack the fuck up. $2 got you 6 tacos and change. If you were really hungry $3 and it was 10 tacos.  at one point 5-6 of the football players had a contest of who could down the most.  

I honestly cant remember how many the winner took down, but it was easily in the 20 range. 

today, if I TRY I can maybe take down 4 TB tacos. 

18 hours ago, slorch said:

was eating in a Taco Bell on a road trip to Nawlins( Ying and yang on the food scale, eh?) and they actually had a promo poster proclaiming the "magic recipe" of their alleged meat.  It has since been in our lexicon as  a pretty good shot at any shoddy work.

Plus 1 on Taco Casa and the Chelada.  Taco Villa in West Texas is always our choice over Taco Bell.

Taco Villa is the best. Hands down. Without question.

Also Bueno exponentially > Bell.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 1