Texas at Oklahoma State on CBS @ 1pm.

SDG

21 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

yeah, we’re playing 4 vs 5 when we’re on offense. Askew wants nothing to do with the ball. 

Is that bad for a point guard?

We're flawed this year but we have fight. Timmy Allen has more fight in him than last year's Shaka team did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Haven’t watched a game all fucking season, see this is on CBS and turn it on. Proceed to watch us go on a scoring drought. Should I just turn this piece of shit game off and save me the headache? We look like pure ass offensively.

7 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Well why does the offense look just like Shaka’s? (Jack up a bunch of stupid threes, or turn it over)

4 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

So Carrot Top is our best player now?

What's your fucking problem? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Well why does the offense look just like Shaka’s? (Jack up a bunch of stupid threes, or turn it over)

Our offense hasn’t been good, but it looks nothing like Shaka’s. maybe basketballs just not for you. 

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

Take their best shot and only end up down by 2...now we will see Beard's adjustments and hopefully limit turnovers

Yeah, obviously I hope we show improved play, but even just limiting turnovers like we have all season should do it. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

This group has played well together. I wish Carr was more off the ball with Askew being the facilitator. But Carr, Disu, Allen and Jones are our core with Mitchell that we need to continue to keep working on. 

I prefer Ramey over Jones. He's more tenacious defensively, more physical. I know he forces shots he shouldn't, but on a team that so often seems reluctant to pull the trigger, that's not wholly a bad thing. 

I actually prefer Askew over Jones and Febres. I realize he's at Dogus Balbay levels of reluctance to take a shot, and that needs to change, but he just hit a really clutch 3 with nothing but net, so it's not like he's incapable of hitting a shot.

More than anything, I want someone who can consistently beat their defender off the dribble. This team doesn't have that. The closest thing is Carr. So no one to beat their man off the dribble. No dominant post presence. Inconsistent outside shooting. The only thing they can hang their hat on is not turning the ball over, playing efficiently, and hitting their free throws. That's going to make for some ugly offense. I don't know why anyone would expect that to change. Need better talent, to be honest. Not to be critical of the players on the team. It would have been so much worse without the 6 transfers. But the preseason accolades created some false expectations. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Were you watching once we got 5 points and proceeded to plateau there for about 10 mins? Watching the team play like pure dog shit for a lot of that first half is my problem you blind bitch.

Oh you mean college level players didn't score every time they went down the court.  Holy shit we stuck.  

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I prefer Ramey over Jones. He's more tenacious defensively, more physical. I know he forces shots he shouldn't, but on a team that so often seems reluctant to pull the trigger, that's not wholly a bad thing. 

I actually prefer Askew over Jones and Febres. I realize he's at Dogus Balbay levels of reluctance to take a shot, and that needs to change, but he just hit a really clutch 3 with nothing but net, so it's not like he's incapable of hitting a shot.

More than anything, I want someone who can consistently beat their defender off the dribble. This team doesn't have that. The closest thing is Carr. So no one to beat their man off the dribble. No dominant post presence. Inconsistent outside shooting. The only thing they can hang their hat on is not turning the ball over, playing efficiently, and hitting their free throws. That's going to make for some ugly offense. I don't know why anyone would expect that to change. Need better talent, to be honest. Not to be critical of the players on the team. It would have been so much worse without the 6 transfers. But the preseason accolades created some false expectations. 

I agree on Ramey,  not so much on Askew but I understand why people prefer his mistake free play. Ramey gets way too much flack from our fanbase. Dude is athletically limited,  but he plays with a determination unmatched by any other guard on the roster.  

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I agree on Ramey,  not so much on Askew but I understand why people prefer his mistake free play. Ramey gets way too much flack from our fanbase. Dude is athletically limited,  but he plays with a determination unmatched by any other guard on the roster.  

From an outside perspective, I've always been a fan of Ramey. He is prone to the occasional brain fart, for sure, but he plays with heart and passion.