2022 NCAA Baseball News

torre

Is LSU the top team in the SEC West this year?  Mississippi State and Arkansas don't look good early.  Aggy is aggy.  Auburn is 10-2, but outside of a 2-1 win over Texas Tech, not much to them.  Our pitching schooled Alabama.  Ole Miss??

Ole Miss is getting love in the polls but their non-con schedule looks laughable. Charleston South, VCU, ULM, and UCF? Won’t be shocked if they’re dangerous but reserving judgment for now. Can see LSU being dangerous this season. Bet we haven’t seen the last of them.

How about this for a Saturday afternoon affair in Colorado Springs? Nevada took the lead in the 13th inning on a Dario Gomez RBI single to beat Air Force, 19-18. Gomez had a ridiculous day at the plate, going 3-for-6 with eight RBIs, while Patrick Caulfield and Joshua Zamora each knocked in four runs. Tyler Bosetti also had a big day with two hits and three RBIs.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:18 PM, Fletch said:

Love the empty ass stadium. Where’s the best fans ever with their bubbles and Olsen magic?

I’ve only been once and the bubbles were more odd than their age 4 appropriate obsession with trains. Come to think about it, bubbles are for 4 year olds too. Weirdos.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, troph said:

I’ve only been once and the bubbles were more odd than their age 4 appropriate obsession with trains. Come to think about it, bubbles are for 4 year olds too. Weirdos.

Seriously. Who thinks of bubbles past the age of like 6? I think that was the last time I played with bubbles. Whatever. It’s fitting actually. They blow bubbles made for children when they score. We blow off a fucking cannon when we score. Got tickets for the game against them in a couple weeks. That’s going to be glorious. We’re gonna smack them around like the little bitch they are. Maybe they can have another “Covid outbreak” to save themselves from the ass whipping they’re gonna get 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, WBT said:

Also Georgia Tech has won the first 2 against THWG.  secsecsec

UGA's baseball program, while not remotely approaching the suckage of their basketball, remains sub- standard. Especially considering the HS baseball talent around Atlanta.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Got tickets for the game against them in a couple weeks. That’s going to be glorious. We’re gonna smack them around like the little bitch they are. Maybe they can have another “Covid outbreak” to save themselves from the ass whipping they’re gonna get 

I doubt they use the Covid excuse again, but I’ll bet they throw their #1…..which will make kicking their ass even more enjoyable.  

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

That game is in the middle of conference play.  They're not throwing a weekend starter.

Texas will be accused of doing so though, you watch.  no aggy fan with the mental capacity of four year old (having fun with the bubbles and trains??), our Tuesday starter is better than your #2 starter. 

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is LSU the top team in the SEC West this year?  Mississippi State and Arkansas don't look good early.  Aggy is aggy.  Auburn is 10-2, but outside of a 2-1 win over Texas Tech, not much to them.  Our pitching schooled Alabama.  Ole Miss??

SEC Preseason Coaches Poll.    Note our regular season opponents (Ala and SCar).

2022 SEC Baseball Preseason Coaches Poll

Eastern Division

1. Vanderbilt (9) - 87

2. Florida (3) - 77

3. Georgia (2) - 68

4. Tennessee - 63

5. South Carolina - 43

6. Kentucky - 34

7. Missouri – 20

Western Division

1. Arkansas (5) - 80

T2. Ole Miss (4) - 77

T2. Mississippi State (4) - 77

4. LSU (1) - 62

5. Alabama - 38

6. Texas A&M - 36

7. Auburn – 22

() – First place votes

SEC Champion: Ole Miss (4), Arkansas (3), Florida (2), Mississippi State (2), Vanderbilt (2), LSU (1)

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/02/10/2022-sec-baseball-preseason-coaches-poll-preseason-all-sec-team-announced/

Edited by torre

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

I doubt they use the Covid excuse again, but I’ll bet they throw their #1…..which will make kicking their ass even more enjoyable.  

Of course they aren’t doing Covid haha I was kidding. But they probably will. And it won’t matter cause Gordon or Duplantier is gonna mow em down then Harrison will come in and fuck em up before he hands the ball to one of our power throwing righties or Nixon to close it out. Though we won’t need him when we’re up 10 in the 9th