2022 NCAA Baseball News

torre

Alabama defeated Arkansas 4-3, SEC tourn.     Coach Van Horn missed game due to illness (no details).

Two weeks ago Ark and OkSt were in top 10 in line for top 8 seed.    Now headed down.    Cruel game.

1 hour ago, torre said:

Alabama defeated Arkansas 4-3, SEC tourn.     Coach Van Horn missed game due to illness (no details).

Two weeks ago Ark and OkSt were in top 10 in line for top 8 seed.    Now headed down.    Cruel game.

Damn. Poor OMAHOGS. Or are they the 2SeedinTheAustinRegionalHogs now?

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Bama doing work for us this week

I’m not surprised at all. They looked like they had some potential when they came to Austin earlier. We were just so happened to be fully healthy and playing to our full potential. Shit I remember Gordon coming out of the bullpen on Sunday and looking like he and Harrison were going to be perfect set up men for Nixon. Sigh. Even if Witt were healthy, I could see Gordon being our Sunday dude by now regardless. Whatever. He’s going to be an awesome Friday night dude for us next year 

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Nah, not unless they lose tomorrow and maybe not even then.  They're still #14.

They are not playing again until the Regionals. They went 0-2 in the ACC tournament. They will still host but I think there is a chance we could take their #7 national seed if we win two more.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

They are not playing again until the Regionals. They went 0-2 in the ACC tournament. They will still host but I think there is a chance we could take their #7 national seed if we win two more.

You're right -- I derped.

Speaking of aggying things up Virginia Tech gets blasted by UNC 10-0. That is not the outcome we wanted. So I think that sets up a game between Notre Dame and UNC tomorrow. UNC winning that game would be cool. If that happens the rest of the ACC tournament ceases to be interesting.

27 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

aggy going to Omaha. They rake. Hate to say it

Yeah ok, they had one the best hitting most talented loaded teams in College Baseball history in 1989. They should have won the national title by double digits. But they still somehow lost in the regionals.

So we'll see. Never write A&M's name on a trophy in pen until they win it.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah ok, they had one the best hitting most talented loaded teams in College Baseball history in 1989. They should have won the national title by double digits. But they still somehow lost in the regionals.

Lost a double-header on their home field, IIRC.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Seriously if A&M had done what they were supposed to do, and easily sweep to Omaha and win it all, it would have been considered one of the greatest teams in College Baseball history.

But instead they are just another regional flame out.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

6EE11F18-F564-4E49-9942-E2C8A5354A65.thumb.png.6c81847243c4b2612064fac02e317422.png

Holy fuck!!! “No we didn’t do jack shit when it counted but the polls said!!!!!!” Awesome. Looking forward to beating them 80% of the time in everything again yet hearing how they’re somehow our daddy….? 

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

'Twas the year where Witchita State won without having to beat us twice, correct? Under the current format Texas probably wins the title that season. 

"We don't care what you think, we want a winner-take-all title game!" --Thanks, Fucking CBS!

Wasn't that the only game we lost in Omaha that year?

• Rage+1 1

'Twas the year where Witchita State won without having to beat us twice, correct? Under the current format Texas probably wins the title that season. 
That shit happened to us in 1990. Ran through the first three games easily 14-4, 7-1, 14-3 and then lost 3-2 to Georgia in the winner take all. My Dad still talks about that game.