2022 NCAA Baseball News

torre

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

Oregon State beat AZ State 21-0.

Tennessee, behind the pitcher we saw, beat South Carolina 8-3. Don't know why Kingston keeps saving his best pitcher for Saturday.

Tell us about Georgia.   Saw a few innings of their game last night vs Miss St.    15-3 with a soft schedule,  but their ace RHP Jonathan Cannon is for real.

In other news,  aggy scored 2 in top of 9th to beat LSU 6-4 @Alex Box.   Also saw a few innings,  aggy played well but LSU seems to be having 1st year coach syndrome.

5 hours ago, torre said:

Tell us about Georgia.   Saw a few innings of their game last night vs Miss St.    15-3 with a soft schedule,  but their ace RHP Jonathan Cannon is for real.

In other news,  aggy scored 2 in top of 9th to beat LSU 6-4 @Alex Box.   Also saw a few innings,  aggy played well but LSU seems to be having 1st year coach syndrome.

I know nothing about the current UGA team, but that program consistently schedules crap non-conference series and struggles to be relevant even with a ton of HS talent within an hour's drive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bobcats rallied for 2 in 8th and 1 in 9th to sweep Ark State 5-4.

Louisville swept #6 ND.  7-5 today.

MSU salvaged one game, beating UGa 20-3.

Iowa 6 Tech 3.  Still trying to figure out why they played in Iowa City.

Tenn 10 Soused Caramelizer 0 in a combined 1-hitter.

Arizona beat Stanford again 6-5.  They play game 3 tomorrow for some reason.

After giving up 33 runs in the first 2 games, ASU beat OSU 3-1.

aggy-LSU tied 6-6 in 7th. LSU got a run in the 8th to avoid the ignominy of being swept by aggy in BR.

Here's a good one -- Coastal Carolina and ULM tied 17-17 thanks to a travel curfew: https://ulmwarhawks.com/sports/baseball/stats/2022/coastal-carolina/boxscore/14374

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 5

45 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Bobcats rallied for 2 in 8th and 1 in 9th to sweep Ark State 5-4.

Louisville swept #6 ND.  7-5 today.

MSU salvaged one game, beating UGa 20-3.

Iowa 6 Tech 3.  Still trying to figure out why they played in Iowa City.

Tenn 10 Soused Caramelizer 0 in a combined 1-hitter.

Arizona beat Stanford again 6-5.  They play game 3 tomorrow for some reason.

After giving up 33 runs in the first 2 games, ASU beat OSU 3-1.

aggy-LSU tied 6-6 in 7th.

Here's a good one -- Coastal Carolina and ULM tied 17-17 thanks to a travel curfew: https://ulmwarhawks.com/sports/baseball/stats/2022/coastal-carolina/boxscore/14374

Appreciate the regular updates.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:57 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Looking at the scoreboard there were football scores all over the place today. Ducking weird. It’s a Friday. Should mean aces all over the place and it seems like half the games in the top 25 saw 20 plus runs. Weird. 

Keep that motherfucking SEC Rant shit off of Surly. Either use the word fucking or don't use the word. It's fucking pathetic to talk like a goddamn preschooler afraid of a time-out when you're a grown ass adult.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Keep that motherfucking SEC Rant shit off of Surly. Either use the word fucking or don't use the word. It's fucking pathetic to talk like a goddamn preschooler afraid of a time-out when you're a grown ass adult.

Dude. I say fucking all the time. For some reason my phone often times auto corrects to duck or ducking. I promise I’m not  afraid to cuss. Assume anyone on this site for longer than 3 posts has made a typo/had an autocorrect done as opposed to a decision when you see the word ducking/duck

• Hook 'Em 1

Rank Team Overall Record Record Last Week Previous Rank
1 olemiss.pngOle Miss 15-4 2-2 1
2 texas.pngTexas 17-5 4-1 2
3 arkansas.pngArkansas 16-3 5-0 3
4 vandy.pngVanderbilt 17-2 4-0 4
5 tennessee.pngTennessee 19-1 4-0 7
6 oregonst.pngOregon State 14-4 3-2 5
7 floridast.pngFlorida State 13-6 3-1 8
8 florida.pngFlorida 15-5 2-1 9
9 okstate.pngOklahoma State 14-6 5-0 11
10 virginia.pngVirginia 19-1 5-0 19
11 arizona.pngArizona 15-4 3-0 16
12 notredame.pngNotre Dame 12-4 1-3 6
13 unc.pngNorth Carolina 17-3 3-1 15
14 gatech.pngGeorgia Tech 15-5 2-2 10
15 liberty.pngLiberty 14-4 2-2 14
16 txtech.pngTexas Tech 17-4 3-1 17
17 georgia.pngGeorgia 16-4 3-1 20
18 louisville.pngLouisville 16-4 5-0 NR
19 tcu.pngTCU 14-5 3-1 21
20 txstate.pngTexas State 18-3 4-0 22
21 lsu.pngLSU 15-5 2-2 13
22 maryland.pngMaryland 16-3 4-1 24
23 gonzaga.pngGonzaga 14-4 3-0 25
24 clemson.pngClemson 15-4 1-3 18
25 uconn.pngConnecticut 14-3 3-1 NR
Dropped Out
  stanford.pngStanford 9-7 0-2 12
  missst.pngMississippi State 12-9 2-2 23
Edited by ClubWhatever
Per d1baseball.com

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude. I say fucking all the time. For some reason my phone often times auto corrects to duck or ducking. I promise I’m not  afraid to cuss. Assume anyone on this site for longer than 3 posts has made a typo/had an autocorrect done as opposed to a decision when you see the word ducking/duck

Aight, you get one pass. One. - Francis

But the point stands for anyone else out there in Surlyland contemplating to do this intentionally.

Shit. Piss. Fuck. Cunt. Cocksucker. Motherfucker. Tits. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WBT said:

Incarnate Word beat Texas State tonight 4-2.  I wouldn't have seen that one coming.

UIW only got 4 hits, but were helped by 3 Bobcat errors.  Glad we got a dogshit game out of our system with Coastal Carolina coming in this weekend.  Coastal beat Clemson 16-7 tonight.

I said I'd report back on Georgia after I got a little insight, and it wasn't super impressive.  They beat my guy 10-3 but they had 4 in one inning and 6 in another when they kind of melted down and couldn't throw strikes.  That was against his Tuesday staff guys, at the sunbelt level.  Take was not as good as Florida (but to be fair they saw Florida for an entire weekend series). Didn't talk to him but his dad who goes to all the games. If I get some different level of insight into that when I catch up with him will let you know.  

On 3/23/2022 at 6:04 AM, WBT said:

aggy won it 15-8

Rice is... not good but I've never had a bad time down at Reckling.  We go down there pretty often.

Guy Garibay is a decent enough bat and they have a couple of serviceable pitchers but their fielding may be some of the worst I've ever seen at the D-I level.  They are atrocious in the field.

26 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Rice is... not good but I've never had a bad time down at Reckling.  We go down there pretty often.

I flipped that game on the other night, and it looked like there were about 30 people in the stands.  I was shocked.  

We went to both weekday games last week (kids out of school) and they got ~1,700 for each of them.  I was shocked there were so many.

The previous weekend against Tech they got ~2,500 for Sat / Sun games.  Not too bad.

Today they're beating the shit out of Marshall up in West Virginia.  Of course they committed an error, I think they've had one clean game all season.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1