2022 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I was confused when they showed the deal.  Detroit moved up 20 spots in the first round in exchange for moving down 14 spots in the 2nd round, and sending a third round pick.  It seems like usually it takes a lot more than that to move up so much in the 1st.

If Detroit had thrown in their comp pick at the end of the 3rd round, it would have been a pretty even deal.  But they didn't, so as it is Minnesota got the short end of the stick.

And putting all that aside, I just don't like draft day deals with division rivals.  If Detroit wanted to move up, they had a reason to do so.  And that's reason enough for me to NOT do the deal if I'm the Vikings GM.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I was confused when they showed the deal.  Detroit moved up 20 spots in the first round in exchange for moving down 14 spots in the 2nd round, and sending a third round pick.  It seems like usually it takes a lot more than that to move up so much in the 1st.

Minnesota got fleeced. Davante Adam’s and Tyreek Hill went for the equivalent of the 13th overall pick this offseason. The difference between pick 32 and 12 is absolutely huge. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Det got the better value of that trade from a chart points standpoint, FWIW.  And Minnesota just helped a division rival get a potential gamebreaker.  I'm wondering WTF Minnesota is doing.

I think they won the trade.,. I'm not convinced there is a WR in this draft that I'd want like that... But I suppose it was cheap.

5 minutes ago, Kitty Boy said:

Why would you not trade up to get a comparable WR, beforehand, instead of trading your best WR and settling for the 5th best WR in the draft?

Because Brown’s rookie deal ends soon so he’ll get way more expensive. He becomes a lot less attractive at 20+ mil per year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Because Brown’s not that great and his rookie deal ends soon so he’ll get way more expensive. It’s also very possible the 5th WR in this draft is better than Brown. 

The best WR that they have left is a tie between Rashod Bateman and Devin Duvernay…and the next WR that they pick could be even worse than those two.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Hollywood Brown and AJ Brown were traded for 1st round picks.  Amari Cooper was traded for a 5th round pick.

That was the anti-Herschel Walker trade.

The Jones should be beaten with rubber hoses full of lead shot for that bullshit.