2022 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I agree. He’s the QB I would have taken as a project. He would have been perfect for Bucs or Rams, or any team with an aging vet with a year or two left.

He would’ve been a wasted pick by the Rams given Stafford probably has 5 years left. 

Awesome to see all the Horns in the draft this year. 

9 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

KU goes before Texas in the draft… if it’s not clear now, then some fans will never see just how poor our personnel really was

I'm in the camp of not bad players, but bad player development. We'll see how some of the undrafted players come out of this year's training camps. 

I know the consensus on here is that Strong was the worst, but Jesus Christ Tom Herman was a complete fuck.  How Quachita Baptist has a pick and Texas doesn't is fucking insane.  Not to mention the post on the recruiting board that shows something like 5 players left from Texas' 2019 recruiting class.  

the 5 Texas players drafted in 2021. How are they doing? 

Rnd Pick Tm Player Pos College/Univ
2 51 WAS Samuel Cosmi OL Texas
3 69 CIN Joseph Ossai LB Texas
5 148 ATL Ta'Quon Graham DL Texas
5 152 DEN Caden Sterns DB Texas
6 218 IND Sam Ehlinger QB Texas

by college 2021 , look at Kentucky 2021 and now 2022

Alabama 10
Ohio St. 10
Notre Dame 9
Georgia 9
Florida 8
Michigan 8
LSU 7
Pittsburgh 6
Kentucky 6
Penn St. 6
Clemson 5
Oregon 5
Oklahoma 5
BYU 5
Texas 5
Central Florida 5
Stanford 5
Missouri 5
USC 5
North Carolina 5
Texas A&M 4
Iowa 4
South Carolina 4
Florida St. 4
Washington 4
Auburn 4
Oklahoma St. 4
Virginia Tech 4
Duke 4
Cincinnati 4
Miami (FL) 4
Northwestern 3
Houston 3
Wisconsin 3
Tennessee 2
SMU 2
Tulane 2
Louisville 2
Syracuse 2
Arizona 2
Georgia Tech 2
Minnesota 2
Illinois 2
Mississippi 2
Boise St. 2
Mississippi St. 2
TCU 2
Nebraska 2
Boston Col. 2
North Dakota St. 2
Texas Tech 2
Northern Iowa 2
UCLA 2
Oregon St. 2
Purdue 2
Western Michigan 2
California 1
North Texas 1
Charleston (WV) 1
Arizona St. 1
Wake Forest 1
Indiana 1
Central Missouri St. 1
West Virginia 1
Massachusetts 1
Colorado 1
Vanderbilt 1
Concordia-St.Paul (MN) 1
Louisiana 1
Wisconsin–Whitewater 1
Marshall 1
Ala-Birmingham 1
Maryland 1
East Carolina 1
North Carolina St. 1
Central Arkansas 1
Tulsa 1
San Diego St. 1
Kansas St. 1
Louisiana Tech 1
Memphis 1
South Alabama 1
Iowa St. 1
Baylor 1
Appalachian St. 1
Buffalo 1
Arkansas 1
Coastal Carolina 1
Miami (OH) 1
Grand Total 259
Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

At a glance, the following schools have players picked thus far in the draft...

Southern

Quachita St.

Villanova

Fordham

Youngstown St

NW Missouri St

Jackson St

Sam Houston

Missouri St

Samford

Southern Utah

S. Dakota St.

Fayetevilla St (Seriously?)

N Dakota St (two)

Montana St

Chattanooga

What in the holy hell has our athletic department/football program been doing???

At a glance, the following schools have players picked thus far in the draft...
Southern
Quachita St.
Villanova
Fordham
Youngstown St
NW Missouri St
Jackson St
Sam Houston
Missouri St
Samford
Southern Utah
S. Dakota St.
Fayetevilla St (Seriously?)
N Dakota St (two)
Montana St
Chattanooga

What in the holy hell has our athletic department/football program been doing???

Underperforming and losing. Not a good combo.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Underperforming and losing. Not a good combo.

Yep. It’s embarrassing. No other word for it. And honestly there are NO excuses for it at this point. None. I don’t care to hear any. The results speak for themselves. I got flamed in 2018 in this same thread for saying when we didn’t have a single player drafted that same thing. It matters to players with ability where they go. Most want to go pro. I have some optimism about the program but the kids that want to go pro…don’t see Texas like they would Bama or Georgia or Ohio State…they want to win shit and go to the next level. And we haven’t done much in that regard on either front since peak Mack Brown. Flame away. But I was right then and I am right now. There should be no more excuses. Fucking win and fucking develop the talent we have. Apparently that’s been too difficult…and it really shouldn’t be this hard. Damn

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. It’s embarrassing. No other word for it. And honestly there are NO excuses for it at this point. None. I don’t care to hear any. The results speak for themselves. I got flamed in 2018 in this same thread for saying when we didn’t have a single player drafted that same thing. It matters to players with ability where they go. Most want to go pro. I have some optimism about the program but the kids that want to go pro…don’t see Texas like they would Bama or Georgia or Ohio State…they want to win shit and go to the next level. And we haven’t done much in that regard on either front since peak Mack Brown. Flame away. But I was right then and I am right now. There should be no more excuses. Fucking win and fucking develop the talent we have. Apparently that’s been too difficult…and it really shouldn’t be this hard. Damn

UGA had 15 selected.  Closer to home, OU had 6.  Folks can yap about NIL, education, Austin, all they want .. but, the NFL IS THE PRIZE for every serious college football player.  Unfortunately, we have a long way to go ..

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know the consensus on here is that Strong was the worst, but Jesus Christ Tom Herman was a complete fuck.  How Quachita Baptist has a pick and Texas doesn't is fucking insane.  Not to mention the post on the recruiting board that shows something like 5 players left from Texas' 2019 recruiting class.  

Strong was the shittier coach but knew what decent talent looked like. Herman was the better coach but was utter trash at identifying talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

UGA had 15 selected.  Closer to home, OU had 6.  Folks can yap about NIL, education, Austin, all they want .. but, the NFL IS THE PRIZE for every serious college football player.  Unfortunately, we have a long way to go ..

Is it though? A&M is going to have another great class this year despite essentially shitting the bed in this draft. And this isn’t Jimbo’s first year.

Edited by Dr. Teeth

I'm with @Nicole44

It's infuriating.  In taking over the Texas program, the default should be average.  One would almost have to try to sink a program on purpose with the results I've seen over the past few years.  Texas has so many built in advantages - even some that weren't around or considered important 10, 15, 20 years ago like social media reach.  I used to kind of snicker at the hatred thrown toward Strong and Herman, but I'm now truly coming around to that sentiment.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

how dare you criticize the school. you have to post just malarkey to get upvotes instead. ppl don't like to hear it but our program is dogshit, and has been dogshit for a decade. get your heads out of your asses. You need self reflection to actually improve in anything in life.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

4 selected if I counted correctly.  All in 4th round or earlier.

Does that equate to getting the best class in the country? And it was one in first 2 rounds. And one in the 3rd was a 5 star. None of that screams a top kid signing with them. Pay them and we get them. 

2 minutes ago, Senator Mendoza said:

That entire draft was painful. Wish Kyle Shanahan had thrown Texas a bone with that last pick, but I guess not. Hopefully 2022 is a banner year on the field and the 2023 draft reflects that.

Would've gotten clowned even more than they already are for having their only draft pick being called "Mr. Irrelevant" 

Just now, TexasMan said:

Would've gotten clowned even more than they already are for having their only draft pick being called "Mr. Irrelevant" 

Still would have rather had a pick than not. Not getting one means we have to explain why to every kid we recruit this year because we all know every school we recruit against will push the "highly ranked class, 0 draft picks" narrative. 

2022 Draft by college

Georgia 15
LSU 10
Cincinnati 9
Penn State 8
Oklahoma 7
Alabama 7
Ole Miss 6
Ohio State 6
UCLA 6
Baylor 6
Tennessee 5