2022 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

So if you are pissed off about the draft, ponder this for a moment.

In the last 40 years of college football, how many top football programs that fell as low and as bad as Texas has fallen, eventually turned it around into a consistent winning program?

I’ve got one team - Alabama, and it took the greatest coach in history to turn them around. So we’ve got that going for us. 

Texas, starting in ‘98 and really in ‘01 in earnest. There are countless other examples. Bad post. 

18 hours ago, D3zii said:

Smh Sad, this shit is going to be all over Social Media and will DEFINITELY be a pitch to recruits BD0F535F-B06C-4C97-AF53-9FAF4CBCC6C7.thumb.jpeg.9d1b16dae861de3c8cccc0e29c0a67e6.jpeg3B1268A5-3857-4519-856A-A8EE50C34F64.thumb.jpeg.010da8e41a6919d5bca4833d0b37f035.jpeg17AD1EF1-33AC-4A2A-890B-A393C29A2D80.thumb.jpeg.dd58ceec619f705b63b7ea64ae48f423.jpeg345CBD04-7B5F-4B46-8218-67D9479126FC.thumb.jpeg.43263e4b05b91ebff07f5f1644345e18.jpeg

Can’t be stressed enough! #8 in overall recruiting talent and no players drafted. TCU was #32…closest one to us of the bunch in your very relevant post. It simply means we are not developing the talent period. 5-7 was an outlier this past year but fucking A man…every year I see posters complain about the talent on our team. We have enough to crush our conference in wins and at least challenge for the Big 12 nearly every damn year. Period. It’s coaching and that sizes up what the draft looks like for Texas for the past decade or so. It’s frustrating and a damning indictment as far as I am concerned and there are no more excuses I can make for any coaching staff moving forward. Recruit, develop and coach them up. We do that and we should always have winning seasons and a chance for playoffs or at least kickass bowl games. 

IDGAF if posters don’t like or watch the NFL. It’s irrelevant whether the NFL matters to you at all. But it’s a barometer of why we are where we are when it comes to conference championships and such. We aren’t developing these guys and if I had elite ability and was sought after by schools that had multiple picks on the draft the last decade and I wanted to play in the NFL I would go elsewhere and I bleed fucking Orange. I’d go back and finish my degree at Texas. Shit…

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Can’t be stressed enough! #8 in overall recruiting talent and no players drafted. TCU was #32…closest one to us of the bunch in your very relevant post. It simply means we are not developing the talent period. 5-7 was an outlier this past year but fucking A man…every year I see posters complain about the talent on our team. We have enough to crush our conference in wins and at least challenge for the Big 12 nearly every damn year. Period. It’s coaching and that sizes up what the draft looks like for Texas for the past decade or so. It’s frustrating and a damning indictment as far as I am concerned and there are no more excuses I can make for any coaching staff moving forward. Recruit, develop and coach them up. We do that and we should always have winning seasons and a chance for playoffs or at least kickass bowl games. 

IDGAF if posters don’t like or watch the NFL. It’s irrelevant whether the NFL matters to you at all. But it’s a barometer of why we are where we are when it comes to conference championships and such. We aren’t developing these guys and if I had elite ability and was sought after by schools that had multiple picks on the draft the last decade and I wanted to play in the NFL I would go elsewhere and I bleed fucking Orange. I’d go back and finish my degree at Texas. Shit…

Holy fuck you’re still blaming coaching

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

We don’t have the line talent to crush our conference in wins. It affects every facet of play. Sark at least seems to recognize this. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

This is why NIL is so important for us moving forward. We need to do what aggy did.

NIL won’t do much on a relative basis. 

56 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So you blame the talent? Top #8 overall recruiting classes in the country in the last five years and what do we have to show for it? 

Yes, and the various staffs’ lack of line recruitment. Strong dedicated recruiting efforts to DL only to get a bunch of stiffs. #8 in collective class rank sounds about right, but none had high OL recruits. I didn’t really pay attention this year. You can have all the Quinns and Bijans you can get and it won’t matter unless we find some Blalocks and Taylors to go with them. 

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So if you are pissed off about the draft, ponder this for a moment.

In the last 40 years of college football, how many top football programs that fell as low and as bad as Texas has fallen, eventually turned it around into a consistent winning program?

I’ve got one team - Alabama, and it took the greatest coach in history to turn them around. So we’ve got that going for us. 

l

image.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

This is why NIL is so important for us moving forward. We need to do what aggy did.

What? These are players from the 2018 class and later. NIL is this year. Are you confused on culture?

Culture and team. Something that isn’t happening at texas right now.

15 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Yes, and the various staffs’ lack of line recruitment. Strong dedicated recruiting efforts to DL only to get a bunch of stiffs. #8 in collective class rank sounds about right, but none had high OL recruits. I didn’t really pay attention this year. You can have all the Quinns and Bijans you can get and it won’t matter unless we find some Blalocks and Taylors to go with them. 

You should look into the OL we recruited in 2022. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

he said "top football program"

after sucking ass from 1980 to 2001, since then we’re 202-59, 77.3% being the 4th best winning percentage over the past 20 years (higher than Bama), 3 nattys (2 with functional idiots at the helm) and another CG appearance…

i feel safe saying we qualify.  

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I hate it but let me refresh your memory, the Ogre and Burrow went 15-0 in 2019 brah

lsu is a bad team that turned good.

he said a good team that went bad, and then turned good again.  notre dame is the other example: perrenial contender under lou holtz; languished in the new millenium; and now wins 10 games per season again

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

he said a good team that went bad, and then turned good again.  notre dame is the other example: perrenial contender under lou holtz; languished in the new millenium; and now wins 10 games per season again

lol…the architect of that ND turn around is now our head coach.  

As a lions fan I am fine with the draft. I think they are going all in tank for this year they should be able to get a top 5 pick and then they have another rams pick that they can package to at least get one of the top 2 guys. 

Defense should be improved but still very young. I don't expect them to make any additional free agent splashes and just have a boatload of money to go after it next year (which will still be a rebuild with a rookie QB). 

So are the people still thinking local-product Garrett Wilson made a mistake by going to Ohio State over Texas? He fell badly to being the 10th player selected in the draft. If he had stayed at Texas, I bet he would been the highest-ranked UDFA signing.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

So are the people still thinking local-product Garrett Wilson made a mistake by going to Ohio State over Texas? He fell badly to being the 10th player selected in the draft. If he had stayed at Texas, I bet he would been the highest-ranked UDFA signing.  

Exactly. But shhhh...the NFL doesn't matter man. Mainly, they blame the "culture" or the "talent" (which is bullshit) instead of the Frankenstein like coaching experiments that our BMDs have gifted us with since Mack started slacking off. The truth is for whatever fucked up reason, many of our fans are still living in the 1960's or some such shit where kids just played for the pride of the University and all that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Juicy said:

As a lions fan I am fine with the draft. I think they are going all in tank for this year they should be able to get a top 5 pick and then they have another rams pick that they can package to at least get one of the top 2 guys. 

Defense should be improved but still very young. I don't expect them to make any additional free agent splashes and just have a boatload of money to go after it next year (which will still be a rebuild with a rookie QB). 

I think the Jets, Lions, Ravens, Eagles and Giants had the best drafts. Houston had some good picks but they are rebuilding their entire roster. I wonder where Nick Foles will wind up now that Chicago cut him loose. 

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think the Jets, Lions, Ravens, Eagles and Giants had the best drafts. Houston had some good picks but they are rebuilding their entire roster. I wonder where Nick Foles will wind up now that Chicago cut him loose. 

I love the drafts of both NY teams and the Ravens. Eagles were solid too. 

I knew when Baltimore traded in front of Detroit in the 2nd that Macdonald was going to get Ojabo because he thought the lions were going to take him. Paschall is solid but Ojabo was looking top 15 before his injury. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Other example?  Lulz. How about Clemson?  Florida St.?  OU?  Texas?  Penn St?  USC?  Auburn?  Georgia?  And you’re wrong on LSU. Even though they were never as good as they were starting in ‘03, they were pretty salty back in the day. The Chinese Bandits days.  His point was a very very bad one and it ignores the cyclical nature of CFB. 

9 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

You should look into the OL we recruited in 2022. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Yeah I read about it, but want to see these guys in action. That’s why I said it appears Sark is trying to do something about it. I know I’m being repetitive but unless you have a good OL and a DL that gets after guys, it doesn’t matter how good your QB, RB, WR, TE, LB and DB groups are. They will underperform and not get drafted as highly as they should, or not at all. It is the entire reason we have failed - moreso than late Mack’s grave errors at QB recruiting post 2008. 

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Exactly. But shhhh...the NFL doesn't matter man. Mainly, they blame the "culture" or the "talent" (which is bullshit) instead of the Frankenstein like coaching experiments that our BMDs have gifted us with since Mack started slacking off. The truth is for whatever fucked up reason, many of our fans are still living in the 1960's or some such shit where kids just played for the pride of the University and all that. 

A bolegged, penalty machine from Tulsa just got drafted first round. A dude from fuckin Yale got drafted. Unless you believe those staffs were better developers than Herman and/or Strong staff, this point is mute. I literally think this is a perfect storm of attrition, Covid year, and the NFLs current reluctancy on  Texas players. The coaches aren’t perfect, idek if they’re good at this point, but these upper classmen are straight ass my dude. That’s the whole point

• Haha 1