2022 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

On 2/9/2022 at 8:34 AM, Hook1997 said:

Doing what?  Not kicking but maybe punting. He was 35th in fg percentage this year and that was his only year above 80%, I have a hard time thinking a team is taking him as a kicker.  

Well, he was 100% on FGs [1 XP missed] after Hudson Card got relieved of his holding duties.  Can't see anyone drafting him, though :(

Edited by OU Sucks

• 2 weeks later...

TV coverage starts at 3pm CT TODAY !!!

The NFL Scouting Combine is taking place this week at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, with the biggest draw of the event set to begin on Thursday, March 3. Once again, NFL Network will carry wall-to-wall coverage of the different drills starting at 4 p.m. ET and lasting until 11 p.m. ET.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

TV coverage starts at 3pm CT TODAY !!!

The NFL Scouting Combine is taking place this week at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, with the biggest draw of the event set to begin on Thursday, March 3. Once again, NFL Network will carry wall-to-wall coverage of the different drills starting at 4 p.m. ET and lasting until 11 p.m. ET.

LIVE -- Currently working out the QB's

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

WRs working out too...

Chris Olave   (Suckeyes)    40yd time    4.26 unofficial

Tyquan Thornton    ( baylor )    40yd time    4.21 unofficial

WOW 💥💥💥

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

from OSU, a WR stud factory. he's printing money today 

Chris Olave   (Suckeyes)    40yd time    4.26 unofficial

Garrett Wilson rated higher on most WR boards than Olave

Pretty sure GW ran 4.37   40 time today unofficial

Based on current scout opinions and Combine performances, it appears that the 2022 WR Draft group is extremely deep, but not top heavy.   Garrett Wilson is a solid 1st Rd selection, and maybe a couple others, but there is probably no Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss in this draft.

So there may not be a lot of 1st Rd WRs in this 2022 Draft...

Guts of this Draft may be on both the O-line & D-line

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Based on current scout opinions and Combine performances, it appears that the 2022 WR Draft group is extremely deep, but not top heavy.   Garrett Wilson is a solid 1st Rd selection, and maybe a couple others, but there is probably no Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss in this draft.

So there may not be a lot of 1st Rd WRs in this 2022 Draft...

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Calvin Johnsons and Randy Moss types don’t exactly grow on trees

Wilson and Olave are gonna have great careers 

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Calvin Johnsons and Randy Moss types don’t exactly grow on trees

Wilson and Olave are gonna have great careers 

True.... 

Most early Mock Drafts are not expecting 5 WRs drafted in 1st Rd like 2021, and Garrett Wilson is probably only one selected in the first 10 picks...

2021 Draft WRs 1st Rd

• Ja’Marr Chase, LSU | Round 1, Pick 5 | Cincinnati Bengals

• Jaylen Waddle, Alabama | Round 1, Pick 6 | Miami Dolphins

• DeVonta Smith, Alabama | Round 1, Pick 10 | Philadelphia Eagles

• Kadarius Toney, Florida | Round 1, Pick 20 | New York Giants

• Rashod Bateman, Minnesota | Round 1, Pick 27 | Baltimore Ravens

Interesting  info on WR Draft in 2021:

A total of 35 wide receivers were selected in the 2021 NFL Draft. This is tied for the second-most in the last 10 years, behind only 2020 (37) — it’s tied with 2015 (35). It was the eighth time in the last decade that more than 30 receivers were selected across the seven rounds. With five receivers selected in the first round and a further 10 on Day 2, only the 2020 and 2007 drafts saw more receivers selected in the first two days.

QBs

Liberty University QB Malik Willis is a ‘more athletic, a more dynamic athlete and he definitely has a stronger arm’ than the Philadelphia Eagles’ Jalen Hurts, but Hurts was ‘more mature and won bigger games in bigger scenes’ as a college player, according to ESPN.com’s Todd McShay.

‘Some guys really love Willis. Other guys think, ‘I’m getting Jalen Hurts, at best. I think he’s more athletic, a more dynamic athlete and he definitely has a stronger arm, but Hurts was more mature and won bigger games in bigger scenes. … Malik has the biggest upside, but there’s probably the lowest floor of all the (highest-ranked quarterbacks in the 2022 draft),’ McShay told SI.com’s Albert Breer.

Cincinnati QB Desmond Ridder posted unofficial times of 4.50 seconds and 4.49 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.  Desmond Ridder’s ‘accuracy is a problem,’ an NFC executive told Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com during Senior Bowl practices.

North Carolina QB Sam Howell is throwing the ball well during drills at the NFL Scouting Combine, in the opinion of Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline.

Kenny Pickett's 8.5 inch hands would be the smallest for a QB in the league.  Fumbled 26 times in college.  Also threw with a glove on at today's Combine...

The guy I think might be the best QB in this class:

Mississippi QB Matt Corral measured 6-foot-1 5/8, 212 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine. He also measured a hand size of 9 5/8 inches.  Corral (ankle) won’t throw at the NFL Scouting Combine this week as he rehabs an ankle injury suffered in the Sugar Bowl. He has resumed light throwing and expects to be a full-go March 23 at his pro day.

Thornton clocked 4.28 official. I had a suspicion Danny Gray was maybe the fastest player in college football last year. Probably not too far off (I guess we'll see what the DBs and RBs do).

Baylor's Tyquan Thornton led the way as nine wide receivers officially clocked sub-4.4-second times in the 40-yard dash inside Lucas Oil Stadium. Thornton's unofficial time of 4.21 was posted immediately after his run, which would have set a record for the combine, but all times are reviewed with the electronic timing equipment, and his official time was later determined to be 4.28, the fastest of the evening.

The group of pass catchers still left a contrail, as the nine sub-4.4 clockings were the most by the wide receivers at the combine in any year evaluated since 2006. The previous high had been eight wideouts under 4.4, set in 2007. Kansas State wide receiver Yamon Figurs ran the fastest 40 at the combine that year at 4.30.

Seven wide receivers cracked the 4.4 mark in 2019 -- the same year current Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf ran the fastest recorded 40 in the event's history for a player 225 pounds or heavier.

Thornton had the only official time under 4.3, as Tennessee wide receiver Velus Jones Jr., who ran in the earlier group of receivers, had the next fastest official clocking at 4.31. Memphis wide receiver Calvin Austin III, who had already turned heads for his work in practices in his week at the Senior Bowl, was next fastest at 4.32. Austin chose not to run his second 40 a bit later.

Cincinnati's Alec Pierce (4.33), SMU's Danny Gray (4.33), Rutgers' Bo Melton (4.34), North Dakota State's Christian Watson (4.36), Ohio State's Garrett Wilson (4.38) and Ohio State's Chris Olave were the others to break 4.4.

I don’t know that it’s dumb to measure hand size, but the way they do it is dumb. They measure thumb to pinky, but anyone that played knows you can throw a ball just fine with the pinky off of it. You’d think it’d be more relevant to measure grip strength. 

Per Peter King, alotta folks believe that "teams can get fat" on picks in rounds 2, 3, and 4 with starting players from the 2022 NFL Draft.

Scouts have said that "What some teams have as the #15 player on their boards could be player #60 on another teams board"

On 3/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, LTtxfan said:

Per Peter King, alotta folks believe that "teams can get fat" on picks in rounds 2, 3, and 4 with starting players from the 2022 NFL Draft.   Scouts have said that "What some teams have as the #15 player on their boards could be player #60 on another teams board"

Louis Riddick just said there are several good corners and edge rushers in this draft.  Mentioned a lot of quality players will be available thru 3rd and even 4th rounds.  Depth of WR class is pretty good too.   

2022 NFL Draft Top 50 prospect rankings: Where Derek Stingley Jr., Aidan Hutchinson and others stand

By Josh Edwards         1 hr ago

The 2022 NFL Draft is roughly a month-and-a-half away and the goal is to finalize prospect rankings by the end of March. Although my top 50 is fluid, it could change a bit based on some final evaluations. 

Context is important when explaining a mock draft or prospect rankings because there are multiple ways in which it could be done. Some analysts may take positional value into account and there are different ways to handle injury history, character concerns. For example, Iowa center Tyler Linderbaum is my third-ranked prospect because it is easy to envision what he could become in a wide zone scheme. However, there is zero chance that he is taken that early because teams do not value the center position enough to justify a top five selection. Without the amount of medical and personality information available to teams, I largely rely on talent.

Without further ado, my updated prospect rankings:

1. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

2. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

3. Tyler Linderbaum, OL, Iowa

4. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon

5. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

7. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

8. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan

9. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

10. Charles Cross, OL, Mississippi State

Stingley is going to surprise some people because of his place in most mock drafts. When trying to pinpoint the All-Pro caliber talents in this draft class, Stingley can be one of those players but he is two years removed from the best version of himself. Teams are going to take that into consideration and have a way better understanding of his medical situation. Hamilton is dealing with his own injury and safety is another position that is not valued early. Thibodeaux and Hutchinson is a debate in floor versus ceiling to me. The latter is a very good player and a safer option. As one of the premier positions in the league, it is easy justify taking him with the No. 1 overall selection in this class. Wilson is who teams are looking for in today's NFL at the wide receiver position. Williams might have been the top wide receiver had it not been for his torn ACL late in the year. 

With all of that being said, if I were a new general manager looking for longevity, I would be more inclined to take one of those offensive tackles or Hutchinson at No. 1 overall because neither has high bust potential. I also do not believe there is a hands-down top overall prospect in this year's class like the league has seen in recent years. A case could be made for several players.

11. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia

12. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas

13. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah

14. George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue

15. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia

16. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, N.C. State

17. Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia

18. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

19. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

20. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State

Walker is one of the most difficult evaluations because his size and athletic profile are elite. However, he is going to have to play on the edge and still has a lot of room for development in that arena. Burks remains high because his tape is so good. It does not match the poor combine performance. Dean is likely going to be taken lower than his placement on this list because of size. Ekwonu could move up before it is all said and done because I made a mistake with Tristan Wirfs and I would like to think I learn from my mistakes. Five (!) of the top 20 prospects are edge rushers. 

21. Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia

22. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

23. George Pickens, WR, Georgia

24. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State

25. Drake Jackson, EDGE, USC

26. Lewis Cine, S, Georgia

27. Damone Clark, LB, LSU

28. Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M

29. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh

30. Drake London, WR, USC

Pickens is a prospect who has shown No. 1 wide receiver traits when healthy. Cine was one of the top performers at the combine and his play last season matches. Pickett is the first quarterback on the list. He has the highest floor but teams will probably favor Liberty's Malik Willis or Cincinnati's Desmond Ridder because of the upside they offer. London is coming off an injury. He is not a burner but does use his body well to create separation and win at the catch point. 

31. Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College

32. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

33. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan

34. Logan Hall, DL, Houston

35. Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan State

36. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

37. Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota

38. Bernhard Raimann, OL, Central Michigan

39. Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

40. Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE, South Carolina

Hill and Hall are two players that NFL teams are going to love from a size and skill standpoint. I am on record as saying Hall is a better player right now than his teammate, Payton Turner, who was taken No. 28 overall last year. Although I have him lower than where Turner was drafted, I do have a higher grade on Hall than I did Turner last year. Walker is the first running back on the list. Auburn cornerback Roger McCreary, who is in the next group, and McDuffie are two players who will be successful for a team but neither has the length coveted in the position and that could limit their roles. Mafe is a prospect who I would label as being one of "my guys." His athleticism and well-rounded skill set will be enticing for a team late in the first round.

41. Daniel Faalele, OL, Minnesota

42. Arnold Ebiketie, EDGE, Penn State

43. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State

44. Demarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M

45. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn

46. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia

47. Darian Kinnard, OL, Kentucky

48. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson

49. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

50. Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin

To round out the top 50, the second running back, Hall, appears on the list. Zero tight ends made the cut but Colorado State's Trey McBride was just off the screen at No. 51 overall. Chenal is a prospect who has really grown on me. Booth has the potential to be one of those man-coverage cornerbacks who end up making a lot of money but he has been heavily exposed to zone thus far. The secondary has the biggest potential for change as I continue making my way through final evaluations on those position groups. Memphis interior offensive lineman Dylan Parham and Chattanooga interior offensive lineman Cole Strange are a few others who I need to watch more of from this past season.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

2022 Draft Big Board: PFF's Top 150 Prospects 

By Michael Renner
Mar 9, 2022

The highest-graded edge defender in college football, Hutchinson has multiple ways to win with his blend of quicks and power. He’s a complete edge defender who excels against both the run and the pass.

2. S KYLE HAMILTON, NOTRE DAME

At 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds, Hamilton is a modern hybrid defender who can do whatever is asked. While he missed Notre Dame's final five games with a minor knee injury, he came down with three picks and three pass breakups in his first seven.

3. CB DEREK STINGLEY JR., LSU

This ranking is banking a lot on what Stingley put on tape a long time ago, but it's not as if that talent went anywhere. He has allowed only a 41.1% completion percentage for his career and has been starting since his freshman year.

4. EDGE KAYVON THIBODEAUX, OREGON

Thibodeaux has an elite first step combined with an ideal frame for the position. While he lacks refinement, that combination still led to a 91.5 PFF pass-rushing grade in 2021.

5. T CHARLES CROSS, MISSISSIPPI STATE

After flashing traits in his first year as a starter in 2020, Cross became a dominant pass-protector in 2021. After allowing 44 pressures on 574 pass-blocking snaps last season, he gave up only 16 pressures on 719 pass-blocking snaps this year.

6. T IKEM EKWONU, NC STATE

The single most dominant run-blocking tackle in the country. Ekwonu's 18 big-time blocks in the run game this season are seven more than the next-closest Power-5 offensive lineman.

7 . T EVAN NEAL, ALABAMA

The mammoth 6-foot-7, 350-pounder is one of the most imposing specimens ever to grace this Earth, and he moves like a man 50 pounds lighter. He only allowed 24 pressures over the past two years between left and right tackle.

8. CB TRENT MCDUFFIE, WASHINGTON

Outside of length, McDuffie has everything you could want from a high-end cornerback. At only 5-foot-11, McDuffie plays consistently bigger than his listed size. He's allowed only 16 catches from 36 targets for 111 yards with no scores and five pass breakups.

9. CB AHMAD GARDNER, CINCINNATI

Gardner never allowed a single touchdown in his career despite starting since he was a true freshman. In 2021, he took his game to another level, allowing only 131 yards in 14 games.

10. EDGE GEORGE KARLAFTIS, PURDUE

Karlaftis is a versatile iron man who can do almost anything a team could ask of him. He played at least 49 snaps in all but one game this past season and finished with a 90.6 PFF pass-rushing grade.

11. WR DRAKE LONDON, USC

It's a shame London's season ended with a broken ankle after only eight games because he was on an unmatched statistical tear, racking up 88 catches for 1,084 yards and seven scores over that span. He's a massive 6-foot-5, 210-pounder who still led college football with 19 contested catches.

12. WR GARRETT WILSON, OHIO STATE

The natural. Wilson's ability to generate separation is the best in the class. He’s also produced at a high level from both the slot (73.4% of his snaps in 2020) and outside (82.9% of his snaps in 2021).

13. G BERNHARD RAIMANN, CENTRAL MICHIGAN

Two years ago, Raimann was playing tight end. Now, he's got a legitimate shot to be a first-round pick. He earned the second-highest grade of any offensive lineman this season and allowed only 10 pressures.

14. EDGE TRAVON WALKER, GEORGIA

Walker is an elite physical specimen for a 6-foot-5, 275-pounder who even dropped into coverage this season and managed a pass breakup. He's still figuring out how to rush the passer, but you can't teach what he has.

15. LB DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH

There may be no better all-around linebacker in the class. Lloyd can take on blocks, blitz and cover tight ends at a high level, which is why he earned a 90.2 grade this year with above-average grades in every facet.

16. WR JAMESON WILLIAMS, ALABAMA

It’s a shame Williams tore his ACL in the national championship game, as his tape put him firmly in the mix for WR1. He’s still the best deep threat in the class.

17. DI DEVONTE WYATT, GEORGIA

Between the two Georgia defensive tackles, Wyatt is the far more explosive athlete, and it showed as a pass-rusher, where Wyatt finished with an 84.0 grade. He was dominant at the Senior Bowl.

18. LB NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA

Dean's range at the linebacker position is unparalleled in this draft class. He’s not only straight-line fast, but he also processes and reacts with elite quickness.

19. C TYLER LINDERBAUM, IOWA

The best center prospect we've seen in the PFF College era. He was already the highest-graded center in the country in 2020, but he took his game to new heights in 2021, earning a 95.4 overall grade.

20. DI JORDAN DAVIS, GEORGIA

Davis is a one-trick pony, but it’s one impressive trick. The 6-foot-6, 360-pound defensive tackle will not be moved in the run game.

21. WR CHRIS OLAVE, OHIO STATE

One of the best route-runners in college football, Olave is one of the most consistent downfield threat in the class. In total, 13 of his 65 catches ended in scores last season.

22. QB SAM HOWELL, NORTH CAROLINA

Howell may have taken a step back as a passer, but he proved to be a legitimate threat as a runner this season. He broke an absurd 63 tackles and ran for 1,072 yards in 2021.

23. T TREVOR PENNING, NORTHERN IOWA

Penning is yet another uber-physical run-blocker at the position. The 6-foot-7, 321-pounder moves people with ease. His 99.9 run-blocking grade — albeit against mainly FCS competition — is the highest we've ever charted.

24. EDGE DAVID OJABO, MICHIGAN

Ojabo had played only 26 career snaps before 2021, but he made his presence felt in a big way this season, earning an 86.9 pass-rushing grade on 300 pass-rushing snaps. Given his physical tools, the Michigan product is still only scratching the surface of his potential.

25. QB MALIK WILLIS, LIBERTY

Willis is an electric playmaker. However, the Liberty quarterback is still far too much of a roller coaster from game to game. He did, however, have the second-highest big-time throw rate we've ever charted (11.0%).

26. EDGE JERMAINE JOHNSON, FLORIDA STATE

Due to how well Johnson performed at the Senior Bowl, he's unlikely to be a non-factor in the league. Moreover, he's one of the best edge-setters in the class with 23 run stops and 14 sacks in 2021.

27. CB ANDREW BOOTH JR., CLEMSON

Booth has some of the best feet in the draft class, but he got exposed a tad too often for our liking. He gave up 29 catches from 46 targets for 312 yards in his first full year as a starter.

28. S LEWIS CINE, GEORGIA

Cine was the biggest riser down the stretch for the Georgia defense, and he’s one heck of a tackler — for his career, he missed only 11 tackles on 159 attempts.

29. S KAIIR ELAM, FLORIDA

Elam is a long, physical corner who shut down some of the SEC's best. Despite seven penalties, Elam still only allowed 19 catches from 36 targets for 191 yards last season.

30. CB/S JALEN PITRE, BAYLOR

Pitre was a massive reason for the Bears' defensive success in 2021. He led all defensive backs with 47 stops on the season while playing slot corner in Dave Aranda's defense.

31. WR TREYLON BURKS, ARKANSAS

Burks' combination of size (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) and speed is unrivaled in the class. He racked up 1,100 yards and 11 scores last season. The true junior should be a vertical weapon in the NFL.

32. T ZION JOHNSON, BOSTON COLLEGE

Johnson started his career at Davidson before transferring and starting the last three years at guard for Boston College. His physicality took a noticeable leap in 2021, and he allowed only six pressures.

33. WR SKYY MOORE, WESTERN MICHIGAN

Moore has the elite shiftiness that plays so well at the receiver position. Whether it's shaking press coverage or breaking an FBS-high 26 tackles last year, Moore will make defenders miss ease.

34. EDGE BOYE MAFE, MINNESOTA

Mafe was a massive riser after he earned the highest pass-rushing grade among edge defenders during the Senior Bowl practices. He's an ascending player who possesses one of the best get-offs in the class.

35. LB LEO CHENAL, WISCONSIN

Chenal is going to thrive in man-blitz-heavy schemes. He packs a punch as a downhill player, as he can light up offensive linemen with ease. His 94.1 run defense grade wasn't too far behind Micah Parsons‘ (94.8) PFF college record.

36. S DAXTON HILL, MICHIGAN

Hill showed off his versatility by playing mainly slot for the Wolverines defense. Still, he’ll be a deep safety in the NFL, and he possesses some of the class' best speed at the position.

37. EDGE NIK BONITTO, OKLAHOMA

Bonitto may be a designated pass-rusher at the NFL level, but he'll be a weapon in that regard from Day 1. He's been the most productive pass-rusher on a per-snap basis over the past two seasons, earning a 93.6 pass-rushing grade in 2020 and a 92.5 pass-rush grade in 2021.

38. S JAQUAN BRISKER, PENN STATE

Brisker is an incredibly sound safety who will be coveted by teams who have specific box roles. He earned an 89.5 coverage grade in a career year this past fall.

39. LB BRIAN ASAMOAH, OKLAHOMA

Asamoah is undersized at 6-foot-1, 228 pounds, but he possesses sideline-to-sideline range. His processing skills took massive steps forward in 2021, causing his grade to jump from 57.1 to 76.3.

40. DI TRAVIS JONES, UCONN

Jones was the lone bright spot on Connecticut's roster this season. At 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds, he's a monstrous space-eating nose tackle, but he can be a little more than that. He racked up 25 pressures and 21 run stops on the season and played well at the Senior Bowl.

41. EDGE ARNOLD EBIKETIE, PENN STATE

Ebiketie transferred from Temple to Penn State and proved his 2020 production was no fluke. He beat up on quality tackles en route to a 90.5 pass-rushing grade and 52 pressures.

42. G KENYON GREEN, TEXAS A&M

Green will not only be coveted for his absurd movement skills for a 325-pounder but also because he's started at every single offensive line position except center in 2021. He can get the job done at either tackle or guard.

43. QB DESMOND RIDDER, CINCINNATI

Ridder's four years at the helm of the Bearcats offense make him one of the most experienced passers in the class. He improved every year en route to a career-high 90.7 grade in 2021.

44. QB MATT CORRAL, OLE MISS

Corral lost his top weapons from 2020 but didn’t see his game slip this fall. He also protected the ball a lot better, recording only 10 turnover-worthy plays all season.

45. EDGE KINGSLEY ENAGBARE, SOUTH CAROLINA

Enagbare has been one of the highest-graded pass-rushers in the country over the past two seasons, recording an 89.2 pass-rushing grade in 2020 and a 92.5 in 2021. While he’s not the kind of athlete who hears his name called early, Enagbare has the violent hands to be productive in the NFL.

46. WR JAHAN DOTSON, PENN STATE

Dotson is one of the most difficult receivers to cover in the class. While he has some size concerns at only 5-foot-11 and 184 pounds, Dotson played through contact more than enough to alleviate any worries. He dropped only two of his 93 catchable targets last season.

47. EDGE DRAKE JACKSON, USC

Before his late-season injury, Jackson proved that he had taken a significant next step in his development. He improved his 66.6 pass-rushing grade as a sophomore to 87.7 this season.

48. QB KENNY PICKETT, PITTSBURGH

The single biggest riser at the quarterback position, Pickett didn't earn a single sub-70.0 game grade all year. After managing only 10 big-time throws in 2020, Pickett totaled 29 this season. In his fourth year as a starter, Pickett looked decidedly different.

49. LB CHAD MUMA, WYOMING

Muma was one of the most productive defenders in all of college football in 2021, generating 68 total defensive stops, three picks and 21 pressures for the Cowboys. At 6-foot-3, 242 pounds, he has legit NFL size and athleticism.

50. T ABRAHAM LUCAS, WASHINGTON STATE

Lucas still needs some refinement in pass protection, but he's seen it all for the pass-heavy Cougars in his career. He has played in 2,195 pass-blocking snaps across four years at Washington State.

51. RB KENNETH WALKER III, MICHIGAN STATE

RB1 checking in. Walker went from relative unknown to the best back in the country. He led all of college football with 89 broken tackles this past season, including 20 against Miami alone.

52. DI LOGAN HALL, HOUSTON

Hall is a bit of an oddity in a number of ways. He rings in at 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds yet played as mainly a three-technique for Houston. Still, even with the ideal frame for an edge defender, he still gets the job done against the run on the interior and even earned a 78.0 run-defense grade this past season.

53. LB CHRISTIAN HARRIS, ALABAMA

Harris is one of the most physical linebackers in the class who relishes the ability to hit anyone on the other side of the ball. His struggles come in coverage, where he's allowed nearly 1,000 yards over the past two seasons.

54. CB ROGER MCCREARY, AUBURN

McCreary is an ultra-smooth corner who rarely cedes much separation. He's been battle-tested with 75 targets but has allowed only 34 catches while mixing in 13 pass breakups. His lack of length is concerning if he wants to stick on the outside.

55. EDGE CAMERON THOMAS, SAN DIEGO STATE

While Thomas played like a versatile jumbo defensive end at San Diego State, he showed up only 264 at the Senior Bowl and then didn't practice all week. Considering his best reps often came from the interior, that's a touch concerning.

56. LB TROY ANDERSEN, MONTANA STATE

Andersen is a converted running back and quarterback who, in his lone full season at linebacker, racked up an absurd 67 stops. There's no telling what he could be with more reps at the position.

57. WR GEORGE PICKENS, GEORGIA

Pickens tore his ACL last spring and only came back for Georgia in the last game of the regular season. He was a potential WR1 after a massive freshman year but never built upon it.

58. RB BREECE HALL, IOWA STATE

Iowa State may have taken a step backward, but Hall was as strong as ever in 2021. In fact, he raised his broken tackle total to 74 after breaking 63 tackles last year. He has an all-around skill set and NFL size at 6-foot-1 and 220 pounds.

59. EDGE DEMARVIN LEAL, TEXAS A&M

Leal was a top-10 player on the preseason draft board but sadly, he didn't as much as we hoped. In fact, his run defense and pass-rushing grades took steps backward in 2021. He's a gifted athlete for a 6-foot-4, 290 pounder, but that lack of development is worrisome.

60. CB KYLER GORDON, WASHINGTON

Gordon is a two-time Bruce Feldman's Freaks List member and played like one this season. He has played both outside corner and slot this season, earning an 89.6 coverage grade.

61. WR JALEN TOLBERT, SOUTH ALABAMA

Tolbert is one of the best big-play threats in college football. His 16 deep receptions ranked fifth in all of college football in 2021.

62. G DARIAN KINNARD, KENTUCKY

Kinnard is one of the most accomplished run-blockers at the tackle position in college football. Even though he may end up at guard, Kinnard has earned 89.0-plus run-blocking grades over the past three seasons.

63. LB BRANDON SMITH, PENN STATE

Smith is the rare 240-pounder who is so athletic that he was tasked with playing the overhang role in Penn State's defense back in 2020. He's still out of control as a tackler, though, as he has to improve upon his 17.2% missed tackle rate in 2021.

64. TE TREY MCBRIDE, COLORADO STATE

McBride put up an all-time season for the tight end position. In 12 games, he racked up 1,125 yards on 91 catches, which was over a third of Colorado State's passing yardage this season. Everyone knew the ball was coming his way, and he still dominated.

65. S KERBY JOSEPH, ILLINOIS

Joseph is a ball-hawking safety with ultra-long arms that can affect the catch point. Standing 6-foot tall, Joseph's wingspan reaches almost 6-foot-8, and he used every bit of that to pick off five passes last season.

66. WR JUSTYN ROSS, CLEMSON

Ross never quite took the next step after leading the nation in yards per route run as a true freshman. He has a massive catch radius and tremendous ball skills.

67. IOL DYLAN PARHAM, MEMPHIS

Parham is an athletic interior offensive lineman who has played well at multiple positions over his career. He earned a 90.6 overall grade at right tackle in 2020 before a 78.8 mark at right guard in 2021. He'll end up at the latter or center in the NFL.

68. QB CARSON STRONG, NEVADA

No quarterback in this top 100 shouldered a bigger load as a passer. Strong had a six-game stretch toward the end of the season where he dropped back to pass over 50 times in every game. Still, he finished with a career-high 89.9 passing grade this season.

69. G JAMAREE SALYER, GEORGIA

Salyer played all over the Bulldogs offensive line in his career, but he's firmly an interior lineman in the NFL. He has some of the strongest hands in pass protection in the class and only allowed four pressures in 2021.

70. LB DARRIAN BEAVERS, CINCINNATI

Beavers is one of the few true SAM (strong side) linebackers in the class. At 6-foot-4, 252 pounds, Beavers was meant to go toe-to-toe with tight ends.

71. DI JOSH PASCHAL, KENTUCKY

Paschal has a unique body type for the edge at 6-foot-3, 278 pounds. He's a leverage demon who lived in opponents' backfields last year en route to a Power-5 leading 12.4% run stop rate.

72. T KELLEN DIESCH, ARIZONA STATE

Diesch was one of the highest-graded Power Five tackles in the country this past season and didn't lose much pass protection, as he allowed multiple pressures only once last season and allowed all of seven all year long.

73. T TYLER SMITH, TULSA

Smith's run-blocking tape is a sight to behold. Neal nor Ekwonu led the FBS in big-time blocks last season, as it was Smith. He likely ends up at guard and is a work in progress as a pass protector, but you can't teach his power.

74. WR CHRISTIAN WATSON, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

The Combine king is more than just a high-level testing athlete that we saw in Indy. He's a super flexible 6-foot-4, 208-pound receiver who can adjust to balls easily outside his frame. The drop issues and ball tracking are a tad concerning, however, as Watson has 16 drops on 120 career catchable.

75. WR ALEC PIERCE, CINCINNATI

Pierce isn't your traditional vertical threat at 6-foot-3, 208 pounds. He can stack corner with ease and did so to the tune of 13 deep receptions last year.

2022 NFL Draft position rankings:
Top 10 players at every position

QB | RB | WR | TE | iOL | OT | DI | EDGE | LB | CB | S

76. CB MARTIN EMERSON, MISSISSIPPI STATE

Emerson possesses ideal size for the cornerback position at the next level and was exceptional at putting caps on opposing receivers in college. He allowed only one catch of 25-plus yards last season.

77. LB CHANNING TINDALL, GEORGIA

Tindall may be the fastest linebacker in the country. Watching him move from sideline to sideline is a joy. In his first year of serious playing time, Tindall earned an 83.0 overall grade on 390 snaps.

78. HB DAMEON PIERCE, FLORIDA

Pierce may not have handled a massive workload in college, but the man was as effective as it gets when he did touch the ball. His 93.5 rushing grade led the FBS in 2021, and he broke 39 tackles on 100 attempts.

79. LB QUAY WALKER, GEORGIA

Walker is one of the best run-and-hit linebackers in the class. Give him the freedom to play fast, and he'll excel. That's because he's both a speedy 240 pounds and one of the best tacklers in the class, having missed only seven times on 138 career attempts.

80. WR KHALIL SHAKIR, BOISE STATE

Shakir was a human highlight reel for the Broncos. His body control and hands are the stuff of legend. He likely profiles best from the slot after putting up over 1,000 yards there in 2021.

81. DI PERRION WINFREY, OKLAHOMA

Winfrey can get upfield with the best of them. While that translated in the pass rush, as he earned a 79.3 grade in that regard, Winfrey is still too easily moved in the run game. He's likely a three-technique only at the next level.

82. C DOHNOVAN WEST, ARIZONA STATE

West started ever since his freshman year in 2019. While he played guard in 2020, he starred at center this past season and likely profiles best to that position in the NFL.

83. WR JOHN METCHIE III, ALABAMA

Metchie is one of the most polished route-runners in the draft class. It's why he hauled in 96 catches for 1,142 yards with eight scores in 2021. An ACL tear suffered in the SEC championship game throws a wrench into his evaluation, but he's a safe bet when healthy.

84. T DANIEL FAALELE, MINNESOTA

Faalele is the single most intriguing tackle prospect in the 2021 draft class. Not too many NFL hopefuls — let alone humans — in history have checked in at 6-foot-9 and 380 pounds like Faalele. And even fewer can actually move the way he does. He started playing football only five years ago and improved his overall grade every year at Minnesota to an eventual 79.7 mark in 2021.

85. IOL COLE STRANGE, CHATTANOOGA

It doesn't take long to pick out Strange along the offensive line when watching Chattanooga's tape. He has elite explosiveness for an interior lineman. His 78.8 overall grade against Kentucky this past year leaves a lot to be excited about what he could be.

86. T NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE, OHIO STATE

Petit-Frere is a smooth-moving left tackle who put up roller coaster-type tape in 2021. Depending on the game you watch, you'd think he's either a first-rounder or a Day 3 pick. He allowed 19 pressures against Nebraska, Penn State and Michigan but only seven in his other nine starts combined in 2021.

87. WR CALVIN AUSTIN III, MEMPHIS

He may be a gadget player at 5-foot-8 and 170 pounds, but Austin can be one of the best in that mold in the league. He put up the most impressive testing numbers of any receiver at the combine and averaged 7.2 yards after the catch per reception last year.

88. S JOJO DOMANN, NEBRASKA

Domann may be a 6-foot-1, 230-pound linebacker, but the role he played at Nebraska was closer to that of a slot cornerback. Still, he earned an 87.8 coverage grade in 2021 to go with an 83.1 run-defense grade.

89. T MAX MITCHELL, LOUISIANA

Mitchell was the highest-graded tackle in all of college football in 2021. He earned a 94.8 overall grade while playing right tackle for the Ragin' Cajuns after allowing only 13 pressures across 430 pass-blocking snaps.

90. S NICK CROSS, MARYLAND

Unlike pretty much everyone else blazing 4.3s at the NFL Scouting Combine, Cross ran his 4.34 at a hefty 212 pounds. The former track star can straight up fly, and his range in a single-high defense will be coveted.

91. CB MARCUS JONES, HOUSTON

Jones is not only the best kick/punt returner in the draft but also a playmaking, all-around cornerback. He picked off five passes and broke up 12 others this season.

92. IOL ZACH TOM, WAKE FOREST

Tom is arguably the most athletic interior offensive line prospect in the class. He's so sudden in his ability to mirror, helping him earn a 92.1 pass-blocking grade last season.

93. C LUKE FORTNER, KENTUCKY

Fortner is a multi-year starter with some of the most extensive experience at all three interior positions you'll see in the draft class. He's played at least 600 snaps at each of left guard, center and right guard.

94. WR ROMEO DOUBS, NEVADA

Doubs was Carson Strong's top target for the Wolf Pack the past two seasons and went over 1,000 yards in each. He has good size at 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds and consistently separates down the field.

95. HB TYLER ALLGEIER, BYU

Allgeier is one of the best bruisers at the position in the draft class. His no-nonsense running style is perfect to translate to the NFL game. He averaged 4.2 yards after contact per attempt for his college career.

96. T SEAN RHYAN, UCLA

Rhyan is a physical run-blocker who currently plays tackle for UCLA but likely profiles best to guard in the NFL. He took a massive step forward in 2021, with his overall grade going from 73.9 to 83.7.

97. QB BAILEY ZAPPE, WESTERN KENTUCKY

Zappe broke the record for passing yards and passing touchdowns in a season during his only year of FBS play. The NFL will be quite a steep transition, though, as Zappe was under pressure on just 12% of his dropbacks last season.

98. GREG DULCICH, UCLA

Dulcich is a former walk-on who's one of the best all-around athletes for a tight end in the draft. He's an ascending player who has matured by leaps and bounds physically since he got to UCLA.

99. LB DAMONE CLARK, LSU

Clark had a late-career breakout as a senior in 2021 at LSU. After getting benched toward the end of 2020, he came back with a vengeance and missed only eight of his 131 tackle attempts in 2021.

100. G LUKE GOEDEKE, CENTRAL MICHIGAN

The other half of college football's best tackle duo from last year, Goedeke Is a very steady run-blocker who likely projects best to guard at the next level. His 94.3 run-blocking grade in 2021 was among the top marks in the nation.

101. S BRYAN COOK, CINCINNATI
102. RB JAMES COOK, GEORGIA
103. ED INGRAM, LSU
104. EDGE DEANGELO MALONE, WESTERN KENTUCKY
105. T RASHEED WALKER, PENN STATE
106. ZYON MCCOLLUM, SAM HOUSTON STATE
107. DI PHIDARIAN MATHIS, ALABAMA
108. TE ISAIAH LIKELY, COASTAL CAROLINA
109. CB CORDALE FLOTT, LSU
110. WR DAVID BELL, PURDUE
111. CB CAM TAYLOR-BRITT, NEBRASKA
112. DI MATTHEW BUTLER, TENNESSEE
113. DI NEIL FARRELL JR., LSU
114. WR WAN'DALE ROBINSON, KENTUCKY
115. T MARQUIS HAYES, OKLAHOMA
116. GRANT CALCATERRA, SMU
117. RB BRIAN ROBINSON JR., ALABAMA
118. T MATT WALETZKO, NORTH DAKOTA
119. EDGE MYJAI SANDERS, CINCINNATI
120. TE JEREMY RUCKERT, OHIO STATE
121. G LECITUS SMITH, VIRGINIA TECH
122. CB TARIQ WOOLEN, UTSA
123. RB KYREN WILLIAMS, NOTRE DAME
124. RB JEROME FORD, CINCINNATI
125. TE CADE OTTON, WASHINGTON

126. TE JALEN WYDERMYER, TEXAS A&M
127. G CHRIS PAUL, TULSA
128. JOSH JOBE, ALABAMA
129. TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS, PENN STATE
130. CB DERION KENDRICK, GEORGIA
131. DI NOAH ELLISS, IDAHO
132. EDGE SAM WILLIAMS, OLE MISS
133. RB ZAQUANDRE WHITE, SOUTH CAROLINA
134. LB D'MARCO JACKSON, APPALACHIAN STATE
135. S DEMANI RICHARDSON, TEXAS A&M
136. LB TERREL BERNARD, BAYLOR
137. STERLING WEATHERFORD, MIAMI (OH)
138. EDGE TYREKE SMITH, OHIO STATE
139. T THAYER MUNFORD, OHIO STATE
140. MALCOLM RODRIGUEZ, OKLAHOMA STATE
141. LB MICAH MCFADDEN, INDIANA
142. RB PIERRE STRONG JR., SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
143. JELANI WOODS, VIRGINIA
144. JOSH JOHNSON, TULSA
145. CAM JURGENS, NEBRASKA
146. LB JACK SANBORN, WISCONSIN
147. RACHAAD WHITE, ARIZONA STATE
148. RB ISAIAH SPILLER, TEXAS A&M
149. WR KYLE PHILIPS, UCLA
150. T OBINNA EZE, TCU

here for more PFF tools:

Draft Guide & Big Board | Mock Draft Simulator
Dynasty Rankings & Projections Free Agent Rankings | 2022 QB Annual
Player Grades

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, OB3 said:

On cbs mock draft, they have Leal going mid 3rd round. Are they the only ones having him go that low or his workouts have been that bad?

Yeah he's dropping on some boards.  Late two at best for several mocks.  Here's PFF write-up...

59. EDGE DEMARVIN LEAL, TEXAS A&M

Leal was a top-10 player on the preseason draft board but sadly, he didn't as much as we hoped. In fact, his run defense and pass-rushing grades took steps backward in 2021. He's a gifted athlete for a 6-foot-4, 290 pounder, but that lack of development is worrisome