Moonfall. The movie we deserve.

CooterBrown

Yeah, first half looks like a "Don't Look Up" for people that didn't get the joke.  Second half looks like just straight popcorn theater with aliens and explosions 'n shit.  

The cast looks good so I'd give it a shot on streaming at home.  

• 4 weeks later...

I liked it. I have always enjoyed movies with Halle Berry. It’s an action movie that gives you a quick break from reality. At times it felt like I was watching an updated version of Independence Day, but that was a good movie when it came out in 1996.

We all need those kinds of movies at times where you just forget everything for a couple of hours and watch stuff explode. I also enjoyed seeing John Bradley (Samwell from GoT) in it. He is just a highly likable actor.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s a really great hard sci fi novel called Seven Eves where the moon fractures by Neal Stephenson.  It would make a great move (well…the first half, the last half where there are seal people gets weird). 

Ha I like that book.  It’s supposed to become a movie directed by Ron Howard 

• 7 months later...

It had the usual cliches. The disgraced former hero, the mad scientist, the broken family, Halle Berry showing zero titty. Hey we have to save earth in three weeks! Two space shots. Terrible cgi and special effects. The family in Colorado was just a silly diversion. If the earth was actually being hit in that manner I think we’d all be dead. Should have been good. Wasn’t.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:40 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i think i'm the only person that doesn't get the appeal of patrick wilson.  

On 9/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, longhornmatt said:

Based on his filmography, including this movie, I really don’t think you’re the only person.  

he was excellent in the movie "little children" but he has never done another thing that was remotely interesting.

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

I got super high and watched it.  Dont' remember anything except that the moon is hollow and the smoke monster from Lost is actually nanobots.  Did I miss anything?

I think Samwell was also assimilated into the collective conscious spirit of the mooniverse, but that might have been a fever dream i had after watching it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...

I watched this yesterday for some reason. It is really bad.

By the end of the movie it would not have mattered that the moon went back to its original orbit. Because every human on earth would have been dead by that point. And I'm pretty sure that if the moon's orbit really did change dramatically in an instant, NASA wouldn't have to be told. 

Also, Halle Berry is 56 years old. I spent a good chunk of the movie wondering if they did something via CGI to her, to make her look about 31.