2021 CFP National Title: Georgia vs Bama

Helobious

15 minutes ago, jinx said:

One of my best friends dad grew up in GA and is die hard Dawg. I play golf with him all the time, been to 2 UF v UGA games with him and went to the USOpen with him this year. He’s 77 years old and was hospitalized this week with a life threatening event. He’s at home in his recliner enjoying every minute of it. And I’m happy for him. 

My wife's late dad was a UGA cheerleader after coming back from WW2. Guy had four ships shot out from under him. He lived to see the 1980 title, and the whole family has been waiting for another. Glad they finally got it...since it wasn't at the Horns' expense, obviously. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Saban’s blaming injuries. Damn, didn’t know he was a sore loser like that.

He is kind of right but should have also given more credit to his opponent.  You know say something like they have a great Defense and they really played a great game tonight to go with his bitching about both WR’s blowing their knees out.

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Bennet the worst NC winning qb since who?

Buck Belue, of UGa who completed, I think, one of 13 passes in Georgia's Sugar Bowl victory over Notre Dame. Total offense UGa didn't even get 150 yards to ND's well over 300.

What about Chris Leak? Was he Florida's starter when they won in about 2006?

Jay Barker, Alabama in 1992. In the Sugar Bowl win over Miami Barker was 4/13 for 18 yards and 2 INT.

John Shaffer, 1986 State Pen.

4 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Bama fans are parroting Nick…blaming the loss on 1 and 8 not being available. I wonder how they’d respond to losing their starting QB on the first drive.  Especially if he won 45 games and was a two time heisman finalist. 

hmmm. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

[ignorant take] I have watched zero Bama football this year except the second half vs aggy and the 2nd-4th quarters tonight. All season I heard how awesome Bryce Young is, how the Texans or whoever should skip a QB in this draft and tank for Bryce next year, etc. He must have been bad ass against Mississippi State and Kentucky or something because in their two losses he did not look like #1 NFL pick. His top two WRs were hurt tonight? Well tough shit you have multiple future NFL OL, NFL RB, and other receivers from the 15 consecutive #1 recruiting classes at your disposal. I do have sympathy though because BoB is his OC and that is mentally handicapped. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Bama fans are parroting Nick…blaming the loss on 1 and 8 not being available. I wonder how they’d respond to losing their starting QB on the first drive.  Especially if he won 45 games and was a two time heisman finalist. 

hmmm. 

Georgia's projected starting QB was out nearly the whole season, but they stuck with Bennett when JT Daniels got back.

27 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Walking out of the Rose Bowl they had USC NC 3 peat shirts for sale. A friend of mine and I bought the whole box for like 10 dollars and took them to the team hotel. That was a fun night.

I regret not buying one of those shirts; however, my primary focus after the game was on getting some booze. 

14 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

[ignorant take] I have watched zero Bama football this year except the second half vs aggy and the 2nd-4th quarters tonight. All season I heard how awesome Bryce Young is, how the Texans or whoever should skip a QB in this draft and tank for Bryce next year, etc. He must have been bad ass against Mississippi State and Kentucky or something because in their two losses he did not look like #1 NFL pick. His top two WRs were hurt tonight? Well tough shit you have multiple future NFL OL, NFL RB, and other receivers from the 15 consecutive #1 recruiting classes at your disposal. I do have sympathy though because BoB is his OC and that is mentally handicapped. 

Yeah, my opinion too. Maybe I'm dumb.
Young's got a knack for keeping calm, escaping pressure, and making accurate throws on the run, but he's not a Russell Wilson or even a Kyler Murray. 

27 minutes ago, sidis said:

hmmm. 

Same calculus they use to claim 18 national championships.

23 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

You said it. Is he a #1 overall pick? He's only 6-0 so probably not but he is pretty damn good. He put some balls in places tonight that were remarkable. There were several egregious drops and Georgia whipped Bama's line in the fourth quarter.

15 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I had to read this in Macklemore's voice. 

Try Icono's.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Congratulations to Georgia. I bailed early thinking this would be the usual. Glad to be proven wrong. 

Also, I told y'all at some point having B'oB anywhere near his program would catch up to Saban. Apparently it showed up big time tonight(and Auburn). Not even Saban could overcome that shitshow.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Young's got a knack for keeping calm, escaping pressure, and making accurate throws on the run, but he's not a Russell Wilson or even a Kyler Murray. 

We just kept talking about how Heisman winners should be able to carry their team. Vince Young fucked people up all over the Rose Bowl turf two years in a row. Great football players were his bitch.

Bryce Young did what?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We just kept talking about how Heisman winners should be able to carry their team. Vince Young fucked people up all over the Rose Bowl turf two years in a row. Great football players were his bitch.

Bryce Young did what?

He had an extraordinary game against a top flight defense in the SEC championship game. He really played well and embarrassed a legitimately good defense. 

but imo, the reality was that that was really it. 

51 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Remember when Colt McCoy went down in the CG vs. Bama?Postedon 12/4/19 at 1:52 pm
up vote97down vote30
bkm1.png
Early in the 1st quarter, Texas QB, and best player on offense, Colt McCoy goes down and is out for the game. Bama wins a nail biter for the Championship. 

I asked Bammers what they thought would have been the outcome if McCoy had played. They said no one knows and it doesn't matter anyway. 

Bama loses their star QB and we will hear about it for decades. 

Next time a Bammer gets off of his sister long enough to talk trash, remind him of that.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, sidis said:

He had an extraordinary game against a top flight defense in the SEC championship game. He really played well and embarrassed a legitimately good defense. 

but imo, the reality was that that was really it. 

Right. One game. He’s not great at any facet of the game.

Vince Young (no Heisman) dominated much of his career, and was completely unstoppable when he got hot. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

In his defense, he's a sophomore who just finished his first season as a starting college QB.  And Georgia's defense is really, really good.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

If there are any UGA fans in here, congrats. Oh and fuck BoB.

One thing I don’t like, and I know Saban had to do the change, is Alabama getting away from two backs pounding at a defense. Auburn did the same thing under Gus. I get throwing the ball all over the place but, I think they can be better balanced.  Balls on Chin O’Brien is awful.