2022 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Barty is unstoppable right now. Keys needs to play flawless tennis to have a chance at beating her 

Keys has the massive serve to win, but I don’t think that she has the unflappable mental makeup to win. Barty is just a little mad scientist out there on the court.

Bummer about Monfils losing, but if this loss means that Rafa gets #21 here so that Monfils gets his 1st (and last) grand slam title in Paris in May, then I am willing to make that sacrifice. 

As mentioned previously, I don’t care much for Sinner, but I hope that he kicks Tsitsipas’ cheating rhino-nose’s ass.

It’s been a pretty good tournament so far except for ESPN moving so much of the action to ESPN+.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

As mentioned previously, I don’t care much for Sinner, but I hope that he kicks Tsitsipas’ cheating rhino-nose’s ass.

Even before the cheating, I never cared for Tsitsipas. I won't argue with you about Sinner's lack of personality, but I still grew to like him while watching the Next Gen Finals in '19. He'll almost assuredly lose to Medvedev in straight sets in the SF if he wins tonight, but you never know until it happens.

Was watching the handshake at the net after last night’s Barty v Pegula slaughter and I was shocked to see that Barty appeared to be a smidge taller than Pegula. 👀 I thought that Barty was one of the shortest top players in the game. 

image.thumb.jpeg.715fd244468ed1dd8b8b16e7fe26b313.jpeg

From the camera height and the camera angle, if they were the exact same height, Pegula would appear taller, but they look just about even, and Barty appears to be looking down ever-so-slightly.

That’s when I looked up their Wiki heights:

Barty 5’5”

Pegula 5’7”

🙄

Kanepi blows the opportunity to crush a volley and then loses the point, but comes back to just crush the ball several times to even it up at 30-30 on her serve before dumping one into the net. 

Kanepi is a man, man. 

Randomly woke up to see that Barty is crushing Keys. (Not surprised by Barry’s mixed array of shots being so frustrating for Keys. 

I don’t want it to happen, but I can see Collins being fresher and more mentally tough than 2022 Swiatek and winning over a flustered a flustered Swiatek. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

That was an intense boys final. The Japanese-Brazilian American pulled out the win in almost 4 hours. His opponent had cramps set in the final few games and had to be wheelchaired off the court after match point

Bruno is 17 and listed at 5’9”. Both of his parents are of Japanese descent. 

He most likely is NOT 5’9”, nor will he likely ever be. However, his top serve was 125mph, so there’s hope that he can be a bigger Schwartzman, who is about 5’4” to 5’5”, but has some pop on his serve. 

Bruno had a pretty good little tournament.

58A3DFB1-30B0-4FB4-973E-408BB1098C5D.png

• Hook 'Em 1