Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

Projected to be 12m over the salary cap, they can do some cap shenanigans to pretty easily get under, but this team still is soft where it counts, in the middle of the front 7 on the defense on every level and on the OL is overrated.  

Cowboys found something with Parsons, but they desperately need a 1 tech and another physical LB.  Probably need 2 CBs and a safety, but how long we been saying that?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

If he falls and where we're drafting, I vote for Jordan Davis, from Georgia, which means we'll draft a TE or kicker.  

It's simple..... we all enjoy rooting for the Cowboys, but they'll never win a championship with Skeletor at the helm.  Maybe it's his time.  We should all be so lucky.

image.thumb.png.593fe89ac73d7cf2d9f2f2053a7d02c5.png

This was the year to take advantage. They didn't. As usual. They are going to be losing key guys here soon because there isn't enough money to go around.

And this OL is dreadful. It's been one of the worst investments ever. The amount of capital invested to get absolutely nothing in return. Even with Bosa out, they couldn't keep a clean pocket to save their lives. Dak was under fire almost every snap.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This was the year to take advantage. They didn't. As usual. They are going to be losing key guys here soon because there isn't enough money to go around.

And this OL is dreadful. It's been one of the worst investments ever. The amount of capital invested to get absolutely nothing in return. Even with Bosa out, they couldn't keep a clean pocket to save their lives. Dak was under fire almost every snap.

Biadasz and WIlliams suck and we gave in to letting Collins playing Tackle.

1 minute ago, Marcusshelton said:

Yep. Gets bullied repeatedly and commits too many penalties because he’s overmatched. 

its beyond ridiculous and even worse than that.  he gets bullied,and has guys fall on top of him because they are off balance and he still gets called for penalties.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

If he falls and where we're drafting, I vote for Jordan Davis, from Georgia

I’ve seen mocks with him falling close to where we pick but I’d be shocked if he were available.

and for those wanting us to cut connor, he’s a free agent now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Choke looked like a rookie QB out there. Deer in the headlights. He doesn't have a feel for what's going on in the game, and based on that last play, I've gotta think he's just a little bit fucking stupid. Although it sounds like McCarthy was married to taking one shot from the thirty vs two or three from the forty, so he's part of the problem.

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Watching this Kansas City game.

Tell me again how good Dak can be.

LOL.  He puts ze-fucking-ro pressure on a defense worth a shit.

We've seen how good he can be. In game 1 and at New England he showed he can be a dynamic game winning QB against a good defense. Problem is he doesn't consistently get anywhere near that level of performance. 

The Jerry station post game show just said there's rumblings inside the building that Jones are pissed with McCarthy and how undisciplined the team is and are ready to fire him and possibly offer the job to Quinn. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We've seen how good he can be. In game 1 and at New England he showed he can be a dynamic game winning QB against a good defense. Problem is he doesn't consistently get anywhere near that level of performance. 

The Jerry station post game show just said there's rumblings inside the building that Jones are pissed with McCarthy and how undisciplined the team is and are ready to fire him and possibly offer the job to Quinn. 

Moving chairs on the Titannic.

Not going to make a fuck.

So this is going to come up 100 times from the the uninformed or those who don't understand the salary cap, but there is an extremely high probability Zeke is coming back next season.  There is too much dead money involved and there really isn't any cap advantage to cutting him, so let's dispense with the fan fantasy.  If the improbable happens, then we can throw a party.  

Regardless of how you feel, he gutted out the last 10 games on one leg and for that he has my respect.  He looked good earlier in the season before the knee injury but I think he's in Tyron territory -- you just can't trust him anymore.  If he's here, I'd still like to draft another RB on Day 3 and/or scour FA like a mofo to find a good, competent and better 3rd RB.  I'd also like to involve Pollard on more 1/2nd downs provided he can handle the wear and tear (something I have doubts on).  Zeke is still a great blocker, but his lateral quickness and top end speed are shit.  The extension was one of the biggest mistakes of the last 10 years (and there have been a lot), but he's here so try and put him and the overall positional group in the best position to succeed and IMO, this means finding a better 3rd RB than Clement and having more of a true committee until 2023 when we can move on completely.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also Dan Quinn leaving (all but a foregone conclusion) is a big blow. 
Is it? Feasted off the trash of the league. Absent when it mattered. Meh. You can find a guy like that on every corner.

Hopefully someone hires Kellen Moore away. He's Jason Garrett Jr when it comes to calling a game. So predictable. Doesn't adjust. Doesn't keep the defense on their heels and makes them guess. And this isn't surprising since he came up under Garrett. He was boy wonder for the first half of this season and that's it.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Is it? Feasted off the trash of the league. Absent when it mattered. Meh. You can find a guy like that on every corner.

Hopefully someone hires Kellen Moore away. He's Jason Garrett Jr when it comes to calling a game. So predictable. Doesn't adjust. Doesn't keep the defense on their heels and makes them guess. And this isn't surprising since he came up under Garrett. He was boy wonder for the first half of this season and that's it.

The defense played good enough to win against both Arizona and SF. The offense, did not 

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

First play of the 2nd half was a run straight up the middle for no yards. Everyone in building knew that play was coming. 

5 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

First play of the 2nd half was a run straight up the middle for no yards. Everyone in building knew that play was coming. 

My favorite Dallas sequence is 1st down pass that is incomplete. 2nd down, run up the middle for nothing or a loss and boom, 3rd and long. Got to love it!

And the myth of this being a good pass rush needs to be put to bed. Another dud from them. And I am done with Gregory. I don't care about how much talent he has. He has absolute no football smarts. He's overrated as fuck and useless. The only time I heard his name today was when he was committing a penalty or out of position and being schooled. 

All year, we heard how this pass rush was going to be a huge presence in the playoffs. They did absolutely nothing today. Immobile Jimmy G was hardly touched and was able to get away from anything with ease. More typical Dallas Cowboys hype that lays a big fat egg when it matters.

This defense has a whole still has a long ways to go. They got one turnover of Jimmy G ala Neil O'Donnell to Larry Brown but other than that, they never really made SF feel uncomfortable. SF did not punt until the 3rd quarter. This is why some of us were saying you absolutely could not lean on them for any playoff run. If the offense does not show out, we are a quick exit. 

This team has zero future. Absolutely none. In terms of winning anything of substance. We might win this shit division some more or make a wild card spot but that is it. We now have a 1st place schedule and we know this team withers away when that happens, hence why they can't make the playoffs back to back years since 2006-07. We can only feast off easy schedules and our division. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So this is going to come up 100 times from the the uninformed or those who don't understand the salary cap, but there is an extremely high probability Zeke is coming back next season.  There is too much dead money involved and there really isn't any cap advantage to cutting him, so let's dispense with the fan fantasy.  If the improbable happens, then we can throw a party.  

Regardless of how you feel, he gutted out the last 10 games on one leg and for that he has my respect.  He looked good earlier in the season before the knee injury but I think he's in Tyron territory -- you just can't trust him anymore.  If he's here, I'd still like to draft another RB on Day 3 and/or scour FA like a mofo to find a good, competent and better 3rd RB.  I'd also like to involve Pollard on more 1/2nd downs provided he can handle the wear and tear (something I have doubts on).  Zeke is still a great blocker, but his lateral quickness and top end speed are shit.  The extension was one of the biggest mistakes of the last 10 years (and there have been a lot), but he's here so try and put him and the overall positional group in the best position to succeed and IMO, this means finding a better 3rd RB than Clement and having more of a true committee until 2023 when we can move on completely.

Isn't Pollard unrestricted? How do they afford to bring him back with so much money tied into QB, Zeke, OL, and Cooper?

They will never get far with the shithead coaching staff they have, or probably the shithead staff they get next even if Jerry could admit to a failed experiment and move on. He generally isn't good at hiring coaches that are adept at the current modern game.