Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

That’ seems like a lot. And over pay. But it’s Dallas 

Frankly I think it’s a little lower than what I thought he’d get on the open market. The real money is the guarantee which hasn’t been announced yet but I’d expect roughly $40m. If Gallup returns to form im ok with it.

Gallup is making now roughly the same as Sterling Shepard and Curtis Samuel. Puts him at roughly 22-24 highest paid W/R against 2021 numbers. Giants are paying Kenny Golliday $21.1m. Think about that. I think Gallup is positioned at a good spot and we’ll have CeeDee to sign in a couple of years and he should be big money.
I bet they let Wilson find his value in the market.

16 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Gallup is making now roughly the same as Sterling Shepard and Curtis Samuel. Puts him at roughly 22-24 highest paid W/R against 2021 numbers. Giants are paying Kenny Golliday $21.1m. Think about that. I think Gallup is positioned at a good spot and we’ll have CeeDee to sign in a couple of years and he should be big money.
I bet they let Wilson find his value in the market.

Shepard signed a 4 year 41m extension and recently just restructured down.  This is misleading.

Samuel was 3/34.5m.  Gallup's contract is looking like 2 for 27.5m which is worse when you consider he most likely won't be 100% by next opening day.  What a weird, weird decision.... Basically 13.5 for 2 years.  smh.  This wasn't a home town discount.

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Shepard signed a 4 year 41m extension and recently just restructured down.  This is misleading.

Samuel was 3/34.5m.  Gallup's contract is looking like 2 for 27.5m which is worse when you consider he most likely won't be 100% by next opening day.  What a weird, weird decision.... Basically 13.5 for 2 years.  smh.  This wasn't a home town discount.

Unless we’re just that dumb (which is entirely possible, if not probable) it makes me think the front office and medical staff expect gallup to be ready by opening day. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Unless we’re just that dumb (which is entirely possible, if not probable) it makes me think the front office and medical staff expect gallup to be ready by opening day. 

No need to overthink it. More than most franchises our Cowboys always fall head over heals in love with their draft picks. So they'll always pay premium freight to keep them.

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

How the hell are the Rams able to have 5 hall of famers on their team but we are cutting/trading our best players because muh cap. What a shitty org.

I hope you are including Stafford in your 5 players that you recognize he’ll be a first ballot guy. 

I use spotrack numbers which are current and I look at cap hits not actual money. The shephard numbers are from his $41mil contract. I don’t know where you’re getting a two year Gallup contract. His guarantee is $27m on a $62m five year contract but unless he only plays two years is that a Calc.

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Maybe the price tag won't seem like as much when all the other signings by other teams start coming out.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Christian Kirk's four-year deal with the Jaguars is worth "up to" $84 million. 

Cedrick Wilson signs with the Dolphins. That's a shame, but the market seems pretty high. Good for him getting paid.

Wilson is closing in on a three-year deal with the Dolphins, Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports reports. ESPN adds that Wilson will get $22.8 million with $12.75 million guaranteed.

I liked Cedric Wilson but get not paying him. Brown and Turner looked good at times. Gallup will be a good player if he can stay healthy. Shultz can be a weapon too. I'm way more concerned about our shitty coaches over the roster.

Wilson has always been a solid WR4 but has been spotty at 3. Good ST player. I figured he’d get a payday and leave. We need a solid 3 either from FA or draft. I’m not convinced Noah Brown is that guy.

12 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I use spotrack numbers which are current and I look at cap hits not actual money. The shephard numbers are from his $41mil contract. I don’t know where you’re getting a two year Gallup contract. His guarantee is $27m on a $62m five year contract but unless he only plays two years is that a Calc.

3 voidable years on the back end.  He'll either sign a new deal in 2 years or be gone.....

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Is there  player in this year's draft more guaranteed to be a Cowboy than Treylon Burks? 

He's a good prospect but rather get someone with a little more speed now.

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The Kirk and Zay Jones deals also make Gallop's extension look like a steal.

I thought they would go full retard this offseason, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Still plenty of time for JJ to do something really stupid. 

Not sure comparing behavior vs the worst franchise in the league to make one feel better is really the way to savvy transactional behavior, but okay..... not sure those binary options are the only ones available.

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

This is actually an awesome deal for the team, 3 years 30 million. Lowers his cap hit to 14 this year. 

He'll retire a Cowboy, that's for sure.... He still a really good player when healthy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's a good prospect but rather get someone with a little more speed now.

Yeah, but you're forgetting one important aspect. He played for the Razorbacks.

Jokes aside, I was surprised by his 4.55 forty. His highlight tape routinely shows him running away from a lot of SEC DBs. I wonder whether he's one of those guys who just runs the 40 with poor technique, or if he's a guy who is just much faster on the football field than his 40 would suggest. 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:01 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

He'll almost certainly be ready by opening day.  

15 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

he has been shit since signing the last contract.   if he fucking one of Jerry's granddaughters or something? 

By what metric?  He's been top 5 in pass rush win rate and QB pressures since he signed that contract.  Pressures create turnovers.  Know more about football.