Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

We will draft 9 wide receivers. And my 13 year old will continue to look at our team like I did Detroit when I was 13.

A playoff appearance is the goal the last quarter century.

I hope it’s nine WRs. I’m having nightmares of Jerry drafting a drop kicker, a windy day ball on the tee holder, and a guy really good at faking injury.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I hope it’s nine WRs. I’m having nightmares of Jerry drafting a drop kicker, a windy day ball on the tee holder, and a guy really good at faking injury.

The Cowboys have four 5th round picks -- that would be a great spot to take an elite collegiate kicker. I know it's coincidence but both kickers in the SB were drafted in the 5th rounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

I enjoy a mock draft. I was doing my own back in the early 80s when nobody did Mock drafts but Mel Kiper, Ourlad's and The Drugstore List guy that lived exclusively on cans of cold tuna fish. But man, the ridiculous media coverage of other people's mock drafts this year as if they are actual news has gone full regard. The whole big stupid show draftagasm that occurs these days has taken something I loved dearly and squeezed the living shit out of it.

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

The Cowboys have four 5th round picks -- that would be a great spot to take an elite collegiate kicker. I know it's coincidence but both kickers in the SB were drafted in the 5th rounds.

And how did drafting Matt Gay work out for Tampa Bay? 🤦‍♂️ @C-Man

12 hours ago, DougO said:

I enjoy a mock draft. I was doing my own back in the early 80s when nobody did Mock drafts but Mel Kiper, Ourlad's and The Drugstore List guy that lived exclusively on cans of cold tuna fish. But man, the ridiculous media coverage of other people's mock drafts this year as if they are actual news has gone full regard. The whole big stupid show draftagasm that occurs these days has taken something I loved dearly and squeezed the living shit out of it.

Have seen in a few recent comments that Dallas may not go OL with their pick at #24. 

Dallas Cowboys 2022 NFL Draft Picks:

• Round 1: No. 24
  • Round 2: No. 56
  • Round 3: No. 88
  • Round 4: No. 129
  • Round 5: No. 155 (from CLE)
  • Round 5: No. 167
  • Round 5: No. 176
  • Round 5: No. 178
  • Round 6: No. 193 (from CLE)

Have seen in a few recent comments that Dallas may not go OL with their pick at #24. 

24: hand kicker
56: clipboard holder
88: punt signal caller
129: Spencer Rattler
155: forgot to turn in card
167: kick holder
176: jailbird
178: John Stephen Jones
193: someone already drafted
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Sounds like a Ribby Paultz draft

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Were you keen to point out Fecals and Foreskins picks???  Or did you save that for your message board years?  

Of course they are...the one year they should probably sit pat, is the one year they're trying to make a splash. I have no doubt their first round pick will be really good.  But I don't want to give up a lot to move up liek that.

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I'm looking forward to some dude at 56 that would've been a top 10 pick until his leg fell off during the Senior Bowl. It's a risk, but if we can just get that leg reattached to his body, it's the steal of the draft!!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I kinda doubt they will base on how things seem like they may fall, but just a feeling. Whatever round they draft OL I hope it isn't aggy. They seem quite bust prone in the last decade or so.

I think they would like to draft WR first to head off a potential Lamb contract situation next year and give them some leverage, as well as needed skill and depth there. Edge is also a strong possibility depending on who is there, but there are some decent prospects that will probably go later that gives them some flexibility on both. There are a couple of potential OL free agent options that might work if they whiff on OL in the draft.

It feels like a trade down for an extra pick kind of draft to me, because I don't think they have the will or ammo to move up several picks to get a coveted player, and the QB draft market may be not be as top heavy as some projected, making it tougher for one of their guys to fall to 24. The need for multiple players to contribute early makes it seem more likely to trade down. All that could change if the run on QBs is early and a good value player falls to 24.

I think it's more likely they move up in the 2nd round than the 1st, just a gut feeling. Seems like we've seen that sort of pattern before. They may do some upward  maneuvering in the middle rounds, trading up with their extra 5ths to target positions of need.

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Were you keen to point out Fecals and Foreskins picks???  Or did you save that for your message board years?  

Foreskins is stupid typical fanboy bullshit. I never used it. Don't blame that one on me. 

12 minutes ago, DougO said:

It feels like a trade down for an extra pick kind of draft to me, because I don't think they have the will or ammo to move up several picks to get a coveted player, and the QB draft market may be not be as top heavy as some projected, making it tougher for one of their guys to fall to 24. The need for multiple players to contribute early makes it seem more likely to trade down. All that could change if the run on QBs is early and a good value player falls to 24.

May be difficult to trade down out of 2nd half of 1st Rd.  Some have said only 14-16 players currently have 1st Rd grades.  Seems like everyone is wanting to trade out of this year's 1st Rd except New Orleans... 😋

[Hope Cowboys don't pick Burks (Arky) or Green (aggy) ]

Edited by LTtxfan

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May be difficult to trade down out of 2nd half of 1st Rd.  Some have said only 14-16 players currently have 1st Rd grades.  Seems like everyone is wanting to trade out of this year's 1st Rd except New Orleans... 😋

[Hope Cowboys don't pick Burks (Arky) or Green (aggy) ]

True, it takes somebody to want to move up. But there could be a team eyeballing one of the QBs there that they didn't think would fall that far, or something like that.

Malik Willis looks like a bust to me. He's got beady little eyes that are too close together = shitty depth perception and poor peripheral vision. Scouts get carried away with a strong arm. Steelers would be a good spot for him. I hope they move up to do it.

Ridder seems like the one that's going to be the great value guy, solid in most categories and smart, seems to have good awareness and can use the tools he has. 

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Zion went too.

And looks like Burks is going to go to Tennessee. It wasn’t likely the cowboys would have a ton of choices. But being at 24 didn’t leave them a ton of hood.

Might as well trade down, if you can, and get more picks