Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So they got an OT from North Dakota in the 5th for Amari Cooper.

Cooper was going to get cut. If he had any trade value multiple teams would have been involved bidding against each other. He went to the fucking Browns. 

Pretty much all the WRs that got traded for high picks got massive extensions. No one was going to give Cooper an extension, especially not after paying his 20 mil salary. 

I don't understand why people keep harping on how low of a pick they got for him. The larger the market and demand, the higher the pick. Clearly no one thought he was worth a high pick, or they would've offered one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

and they let everyone know about it. 

Everyone knew even without them saying anything. It's very simple, no team other than the Browns was willing to pay him 20 mil + 5th round pick. They were trying to trade him for months. If another team valued him more, he would've been traded to them. The teams waiting around for him to be cut clearly didn't value him enough to secure his services with a pick higher than the 5th round. 

An aging and often injured WR who disappears half the season is not going to command a premium in the trade market. 

I don’t get it. This feels like the worst pick of the Dallas draft so far.

Clark underwent spinal fusion surgery on March 24, and he is likely to miss the entire 2022 season. He is expected to make a full recovery, however. -- Steve Muench

Edited by lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just had spinal fusion surgery...  Herniated Disc, likely won't play in 2022

LB Damone Clark     pick #176     LSU

Injury prone LB, already out for his first season, what could go wrong? 

You know Damone I always stick up for you. They say oh, Damone that loud mouth - and they say that a lot. I say oh, no you just don't know Damone. I mean when they call you an idiot, I say Damone's not an idiot. Well, you know something maybe they know you pretty good. Maybe I'm just starting to find out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Clark underwent spinal fusion surgery on March 24, and he is likely to miss the entire 2022 season. He is expected to make a full recovery, however. -- Steve Muench

Cowboys aren't thinking win now, trying to get value. What a shit show lol

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Yeah even if it’s full recovery…I don’t see much upside for a guy that’s whole job involves him running and hitting people as hard as possible. But good luck to him for sure and his spine

43 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Cooper was going to get cut. If he had any trade value multiple teams would have been involved bidding against each other. He went to the fucking Browns. 

Pretty much all the WRs that got traded for high picks got massive extensions. No one was going to give Cooper an extension, especially not after paying his 20 mil salary. 

I don't understand why people keep harping on how low of a pick they got for him. The larger the market and demand, the higher the pick. Clearly no one thought he was worth a high pick, or they would've offered one. 

Or. People know Dallas front office is a bunch of hillbilly morons and are easy to fleece on both sides of trades. The same front office who gave up what they did for Joey Galloway and then Roy Williams. I don't care what you say, you can not convince me a talent like Cooper can not get more than a 5th round pick. They knew Dallas did not want to keep him and were desperate. So they offloaded him at the very first offer they got. Cleveland got a damn good player for absolutely nothing. 5th round picks are extreme long shots to be worth a damn. 

Spin it all you want. This front office is dogshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

The Cowboys seem to be really sold on Biadasz, who has literally cost them games getting trown around like a rag doll. I guess this is the year he really puts it all together.

Not surprising. They also tried to sell us that LVE and Jaylon were going to be cornerstones going forward. The clown show circus rolls on.

13 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He was a top 50ish pick without the injury and they got him at 173?  And yes, it's a long recovery, but if he does recover, then you got yourself a starting level talent.  

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Injury prone LB, already out for his first season, what could go wrong? 

I don't believe he had any major injuries beyond the herniated disc.  5th/6th rounds are where you pick risk and stash players, I have no problems with.  Name the past 5 5th rounders?  

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Or. People know Dallas front office is a bunch of hillbilly morons and are easy to fleece on both sides of trades. The same front office who gave up what they did for Joey Galloway and then Roy Williams. I don't care what you say, you can not convince me a talent like Cooper can not get more than a 5th round pick. They knew Dallas did not want to keep him and were desperate. So they offloaded him at the very first offer they got. Cleveland got a damn good player for absolutely nothing. 5th round picks are extreme long shots to be worth a damn. 

Spin it all you want. This front office is dogshit. 

The front office is dogshit, but you're living in a fantasy if you think they took the first offer real quick. It was known after the end of the season that he was gone. Plenty of teams had the opportunity to get him and they didn't. Why? Because he wasn't worth more than a 5th round pick. 

Trades are about supply and demand, or getting lucky and finding an idiot team to pay way more than they're worth. His salary was becoming fully guaranteed so they didn't have the luxury of waiting around forever until they got a better offer. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Everyone knew even without them saying anything. It's very simple, no team other than the Browns was willing to pay him 20 mil + 5th round pick. They were trying to trade him for months. If another team valued him more, he would've been traded to them. The teams waiting around for him to be cut clearly didn't value him enough to secure his services with a pick higher than the 5th round. 

An aging and often injured WR who disappears half the season is not going to command a premium in the trade market. 

he was worth more than a 5th. jerry and stephen are bad at their job. everyone in the business and their dog knows this was one of the worst trades in recent memory. but totallynotabuttpirate says otherwise. I guess everyone else is wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Again, the huge mistake with Cooper was not the shitty return for letting him go. It was the first round pick and massive contract that it cost them for a player that was never going to live up to the fantasy pipe dream the fell for. His history was always inconsistency, having off years, off games, high maintenance and rarely a guy that takes over games when they need it the most. He was always more of a Jarvis Landry type with Hollywood marketing. The Raiders knew that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DougO said:

Again, the huge mistake with Cooper was not the shitty return for letting him go. It was the first round pick and massive contract that it cost them for a player that was never going to live up to the fantasy pipe dream the fell for. His history was always inconsistency, having off years, off games, high maintenance and rarely a guy that takes over games when they need it the most. He was always more of a Jarvis Landry type with Hollywood marketing. The Raiders knew that.

Yea, that makes sense.

It's just funny seeing the same narrative over and over that the Cowboys could've gotten more for the trade. From who? Some imaginary team? There hasn't been a single shred of evidence that anyone else was willing to pay more. Anything else is just straight wishcasting. 

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. 

41 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Spinal fusion is not a sprained knee. He may have no football future.

He is expected to make a full recovery. It's only because he had his surgery so late before the draft that he's not going to be ready for 2022. Even if it goes wrong and he doesn't, it's a late 5, a good time to roll the dice, when even the vast majority healthy players tend to not crack an NFL lineup.

4 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, that makes sense.

It's just funny seeing the same narrative over and over that the Cowboys could've gotten more for the trade. From who? Some imaginary team? There hasn't been a single shred of evidence that anyone else was willing to pay more. Anything else is just straight wishcasting. 

Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. 

This is a poor opinion.  I hope you've never been in charge of negotiating anything of substance in your life.  You'd be bad at it with this attitude.

Moving on.  Maybe Fatty knows something?  Maybe he meant at the buffet.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

he was worth more than a 5th. jerry and stephen are bad at their job. everyone in the business and their dog knows this was one of the worst trades in recent memory. but totallynotabuttpirate says otherwise. I guess everyone else is wrong. 

He's worth way more than a 5th. He wasn't worth anywhere near first round pick and a top 5 NFL WR contract going forward.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is a poor opinion.  I hope you've never been in charge of negotiating anything of substance in your life.  You'd be bad at it with this attitude.

Lmao, a little late for that. You keep on fucking that chicken believing there was more meat on that bone. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Here's another way to look at the Damone Clark situation. He was playing with a herniated disc for no telling how long, and nobody had any idea while he was kicking  ass and breaking tackling records. They discovered the issue with a routine MRI at the combine, in which he had a standout workout performance. 

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

I like the WR pick for where it was made, should contribute early and has good potential. The rest feel like they were mostly overdrafted. Didn't get a lot of value for where they picked in most rounds. 

Hopefully, they go all out in the UDFA market and hopefully pick up some depth in the next stage of free agency.

32 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Unless we trade back in, looks like we're done for the draft.  Think their day 3 may have been the best in terms of value.  Still need a ton before the season to really sure up some units including secondary, DL, OT, and RB.

giphy.gif