Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

is he the highest paid running back in history?  I think he is.  mccaffrey has a little higher avg per season but zeke’s is highest total value and highest career earnings in history.

I guess with the way contracts have gone crazy the “in history” thing is irrelevant.  but he’s the highest paid running back in the league.  it’s fucking hilarious. 

Edited by futureman

is he the highest paid running back in history?  I think he is.  mccaffrey has a little higher avg per season but zeke’s is highest total value and highest career earnings in history.
I guess with the way contracts have gone crazy the “in history” thing is irrelevant.  but he’s the highest paid running back in the league.  it’s fucking hilarious. 

Zeke’s contract is the worst of many Jerry has done. These days I wouldn’t give Jim Brown a second contract much less any other RB. There was no reason for the team to kowtow to him or agent. He would have played out his contract as he needed the money. The if needed franchise his address or cut. I believe you draft em mid round or later, use em up, constantly reload.

Zeke is used up. Over 27. Way over 1500 touches. His burst is gone. Power is gone. He is still a very good pass blocker in picking up the blitz. Not Emmitt level but just below. He should have been cut after 2020 at latest. Can’t with that stupid contract.

RB room is a broke dick and a part time guy who gets injured. 

WR room is an underachieving former first rounder, an injury prone guy, and jagoffs. 

QB is a flake

Offensive line is falling apart

Best player on the team is a linebacker

Coach is an idiot

Owner is both an idiot and a piece of shit and runs the team into the ground with his piece of shit family controlling everything

Running up on 30 years without sniffing even an NFC title game. 

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I'm sure Dak also made Amari check out of important winnable games in the fourth quarter. His routes were just too perfect.

Amari had his faults. sure. But to flex your muscle and have someone traded because he called you out is fucking lame. And Dallas front office is equally as dumb for even letting that happen if that is what happened. Amari demands attention and allows the others to flourish. You make that work and let grown men deal with their differences.

We all saw what Dallas offense looked like when they got rid of Dez and rolled out what they did in 2018. Who did they make a trade to go get? Amari. We get rid of Amari and Cedric Wilson and roll with a gimpy Gallup. And he won't be around for a quarter of this season. 

Did you see our offense without Cooper last season? Straight trash. That's because no one respects Ceedee or Gallup and there is no one like Amari they need to double.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Hate said:

I guess they are expecting Lamb to step up and become a true #1 like a first round pic should.  I have no idea if he can do it, but we'll see. 

He didn't show it last year by any means. He needs to take another step. They wanted him to play outside more, I'm not sure that was the best for the season, maybe the best for his development. This is a big year for Lamb.

I don't believe Dak forced Cooper to be traded. He shouldn't need to. He just wasn't producing what hte Cowboys expected of him, and maybe he just never melded with Dak. Dak is the QB, so that's on the verteran receiver that's supposed to be so adaptable. I'm calling bullshit on Dak throwing his weight, or even wanted Cooper gone. I think it was just the writing on the wall. It wasn't working for whatever reason, they folded that hand to draw another.

Cooper is going to want another contract.  Would anyone here like to pay him Hill or Adams money or even in that vicinity?  Getting rid of Cooper was the right thing to do but they should have gotten more for him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, DougO said:

I don't believe Dak forced Cooper to be traded. He shouldn't need to. He just wasn't producing what hte Cowboys expected of him, and maybe he just never melded with Dak. Dak is the QB, so that's on the verteran receiver that's supposed to be so adaptable. I'm calling bullshit on Dak throwing his weight, or even wanted Cooper gone. I think it was just the writing on the wall. It wasn't working for whatever reason, they folded that hand to draw another.

Yeah I don't buy it either. Cooper might have called him the black kirk cousins, which is hilarious, but the truth is the Cowboys had set up Cooper's contract to be able to get out of it after last season. And Cooper was not dependable. He refused to get the vaccine, wasn't a team player, and looked like trash after he came back from covid. Fighting with the QB was probably just the icing on the cake. 

The trade was handled poorly for sure but I wonder just how well Cooper is thought of it GM circles. He was traded by Oakland because they believed he wasn't a team player and wasn't mentally all in on winning, and after that great half a season immediately after the trade he looked the same here. I know PFF isn't ironclad greatness but it gives you an idea how people perceive things and they have him as a tier 4 receiver in the 20s in the "not elite" category. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-and-tiers-2022

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, Hermanator said:

RB room is a broke dick and a part time guy who gets injured. 

WR room is an underachieving former first rounder, an injury prone guy, and jagoffs. 

QB is a flake

Offensive line is falling apart

Best player on the team is a linebacker

Coach is an idiot

Owner is both an idiot and a piece of shit and runs the team into the ground with his piece of shit family controlling everything

Running up on 30 years without sniffing even an NFC title game. 

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

giphy.gif

On 7/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Did Dak have Amari traded??

Screenshot_20220714-150159__01.jpg

This has already been put to bed.... JFC.  The writer who put it out there was joking around and wanted to see how many trolls would latch on to it.  

On 7/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, DougO said:

The most common and believable rumor was Cooper wouldn't get vaccinated and he wasn't the same after he got COVID down the stretch.  That really pissed off Jerrah.  

If Watson was playing all year, Amari would probably catch 90 balls, have over 1000 yards and score around 10 TDs and miss 2 games.  In a run first offense.

Cooper just seemed to be the same hot and cold player he always was. I strongly doubt Covid was a significant factor in the games he played in.

Prior to his absence from Covid, he had only two games with 100-plus yard receiving yards, out of nine games. In the other games his totals were 24, 26, 69, 60, 55, 37 and 51. After his return it didn't look much different, 51, 8, 85, 18, 79.

I don’t have a problem with getting rid of Cooper. I do have a problem with getting rid of Cooper if you don’t have any plan to replace him. And we dont. Not with a fucking 3rd round rookie, and James Washington. 

Dak is set up to fail next year, and he will. He will get all the blame, but that comes with the territory of getting paid like an elite qb when you’re a fringe top 10 qb at best 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t have a problem with getting rid of Cooper. I do have a problem with getting rid of Cooper if you don’t have any plan to replace him. And we dont. Not with a fucking 3rd round rookie, and James Washington. 

Dak is set up to fail next year, and he will. He will get all the blame, but that comes with the territory of getting paid like an elite qb when you’re a fringe top 10 qb at best 

Tolbert was getting early helium in camps but rookies are difficult to rely on.  The biggest issue is when is Gallup going to be ready?  If Lamb gets a hamstring injury in week 1 or 2, we're basically a team relying on Pittsburgh's 4th WR last year as our #1.  We're pretty fucking shallow at the position now and there's been talk of Gallup getting PUP'd.

Training camp please hurry up and get here so there might be some actual NFL news or semi-real observations. So sick of the moronic stream of rumors, gossip, stupid power rankings and game by game predictions of teams that haven't set rosters yet. 

52 minutes ago, DougO said:

Training camp please hurry up and get here so there might be some actual NFL news or semi-real observations. So sick of the moronic stream of rumors, gossip, stupid power rankings and game by game predictions of teams that haven't set rosters yet. 

Ill go out on a limb and predict somewhere around .500 and lose in the first round.