Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Not that it's ideal, you do understand that 10-12 weeks from now is like October.  If he gets back that's like half the season of playing...bit dramatic there bub.

Don't disagree with the rest as I'm the ring leader of the "First down handoffs are stupid" crowd.

I also love that a "off day" for Dak at Practice means the seasons doomed.  Typical fandom.

The fact that James Washington going down being a big deal sums up how bad our WR depth is.  This has the makings of 2018 all over again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fact that James Washington going down being a big deal sums up how bad our WR depth is.  This has the makings of 2018 all over again. 

No no, you’re overreacting. Typical fandom. Drew epitomizes the post-Jimmy, post-Troy Cowboy fan. Your takes are generally solid. I don’t know why you waste your time. 

Not sure what the fuck I said there.  I said the comment that "the seasons over" was dramatic as he'd be back in October.   I agreed with the rest of what he said and ALSO what Vic said about the fact that we're depending on him at all is part of the problem.

I didn't dispute any of that.  Their depth at WR is absolute Trash.    I did say the "Dak Prescott having a bad day at practice means they're screwed" was typical fandom overreaction.  Not what Vic said. 

I'm guessing you didn't actual read the fuck I wrote before going full on futureman and being a Dick for no god damned reason.

Edited by Drew

40 minutes ago, Drew said:

Not sure what the fuck I said there.  I said the comment that "the seasons over" was dramatic as he'd be back in October.   I agreed with the rest of what he said and ALSO what Vic said about the fact that we're depending on him at all is part of the problem.

I didn't dispute any of that.  Their depth at WR is absolute Trash.    I did say the "Dak Prescott having a bad day at practice means they're screwed" was typical fandom overreaction.  Not what Vic said. 

I'm guessing you didn't actual read the fuck I wrote before going full on futureman and being a Dick for no god damned reason.

@futureman

52 minutes ago, Drew said:

If he has a jones fracture which is what I read he won’t be back before Nov 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If he has a jones fracture which is what I read he won’t be back before Nov 1

He may be out for the season.... often, players need 4 months and end up breaking it twice before they come back 100.  We'll be signing someone, but it won't be anyone great.  The organization isn't really trying to go for it this year unless it gets a miracle run.  This is a reset.

Agree with these opinions..... they have tons of holes and didn't do anything big to really impact plugging them except through the draft, which is a multi-year solution.

Our division may let us get to the playoffs, but no one is going to confuse us with a dominant team..... way to many fucking holes.  A couple of injuries and this season could actually get really ugly.

You got a good one.  He's got more left in the tank.
One of my all time favorite Bruin moments.  Goodnight, Mr. Barkley.
BaggyFancyIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

Is he well and ready to play? If healthy he and Parsons make a nice pair. But they don’t block or catch balls. You’d think jerrah would be spending big to win before dying.

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

Is he well and ready to play? If healthy he and Parsons make a nice pair. But they don’t block or catch balls. You’d think jerrah would be spending big to win before dying.

you assume that jerry and his dipshit son have any idea what in the hell they are doing...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Don’t kid yourself. Jerry is never going to die. 

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He may be out for the season.... often, players need 4 months and end up breaking it twice before they come back 100.  We'll be signing someone, but it won't be anyone great.  The organization isn't really trying to go for it this year unless it gets a miracle run.  This is a reset.

Agree with these opinions..... they have tons of holes and didn't do anything big to really impact plugging them except through the draft, which is a multi-year solution.

Our division may let us get to the playoffs, but no one is going to confuse us with a dominant team..... way to many fucking holes.  A couple of injuries and this season could actually get really ugly.

That's the perfect thing to do right in the middle of your franchise QBs prime. The guy you lucked into. 

After wasting the entire career of the previous franchise QB you lucked into. 

These arky hicks are among the dumbest fuckers in the game of football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That's the perfect thing to do right in the middle of your franchise QBs prime. The guy you lucked into. 

Jerry ..... like 90% of owners only speak of Championships.... all that really matters is asses in the seats and drinkin plenty of $15 beers!  

Edited by Rholl
  • Like 1

A reset also implies they have a plan in place. What exactly are we resetting here? And for what purpose? We are constantly in these scenarios because of how inept this front office is.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that field goals are going to be a problem this year.  

No question. I think Garabay is really talented, but this position is so fucking fickle. It’s 100% mental. Anyone that is capable of getting a tryout is an nfl caliber kicker if they can cross the mental hurdle. And kicking for the Dallas cowboys on primetime every other game adds another mental layer. They won’t do it, but I’d STILL hit up Kai forbath today just to see if he wants to compete for the spot. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

You’re correct that kicking is 100% mental. It’s like the difference between a great golfer and a great tour golfer. Can you hit a ball looking down a tunnel if people from the tee box?

Cowboys have wasted enough time with these two clowns. If you can’t hit 100% in these mojo moments in training camp then you’ll fall apart on a cold day in Philly kicking for a win with 2 seconds left.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that field goals are going to be a problem this year.  

At the rate these guys miss FGs I think PATs will be an issue.

If the normal 2 point rate is 50% I always thought a permanent 2 point squad that had a Tebow style backup QB would turn that 66%.

4 hours ago, DougO said:

Zeke vs Saquon Barkley: who has the better season this year?

Zeke. Saquon’s quad and hammy in his left leg will spontaneously combust in the first quarter of the season. He’s injury prone, serious injury, whereas Zeke will play through lesser naggers. I like he and Pollard both getting 800 yards this season. If not, we’re screwed.