Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

Zeke 2022

220 rushes
660 yards
30 receptions
9 fumbles

I’ll add to this that it should be his last season in Dallas, and it might be his last in the league.

In 2023, if he has the shitty season I expect, he’ll be 28. He’ll have 2188 touches. There are two walls for nfl RBs that are almost impenetrable: 27 years old. 1500 touches. It’s why you don’t give workhorse backs a second contract. So stupid.

21 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’ll add to this that it should be his last season in Dallas, and it might be his last in the league.

In 2023, if he has the shitty season I expect, he’ll be 28. He’ll have 2188 touches. There are two walls for nfl RBs that are almost impenetrable: 27 years old. 1500 touches. It’s why you don’t give workhorse backs a second contract. So stupid.

Worst case scenario, he busts out for 1400 yards and gets a new contract.

Traylon Burks seems to be doing poorly for a first round WR pick by the Titans. He was a popular choice by Cowboys fans and bloggers for the Cowboys to target, trade up or possibly fall to them. Seems so far like not getting him wasn't such a bad thing. At least doesn't look like much help early in his career.

4 hours ago, DougO said:

Traylon Burks seems to be doing poorly for a first round WR pick by the Titans. He was a popular choice by Cowboys fans and bloggers for the Cowboys to target, trade up or possibly fall to them. Seems so far like not getting him wasn't such a bad thing. At least doesn't look like much help early in his career.

What? Fucker hasn't taken an NFL snap yet. 

• Like 1

Tyron Smith must love ball.

Because if I was him, my ass would be retired. It hurts me to watch him walk off the field after a series.

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

What? Fucker hasn't taken an NFL snap yet. 

At this time last year the sky was falling on Jamarr Chase.

• Like 1

Our division is too trash for this record. Unless we get a bunch of injuries from key players. I would believe we still win this shitty division this year but get the same usual result come January.

5-12 was hyperbole but this ownership has done nothing to instill confidence over the last two decades plus and our coaching staff is at best incompetent. I just have a feeling that this year is going to be a complete disaster on par with the 2010 season.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Unless the team completely breaks down they still have enough talent to be their usual mediocre selves

They probably have the talent to be a lot more, but they don't have an organization that knows how to maximize the talent they have.

Jesse Holley on the latest episode of hangin with the boys went off on this team, and rightfully so. I encourage you to listen if you haven’t already. My man was preaching facts, and I find that a lot of times he’s the only one associated with the team that will give the unabashed, uncensored truth.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Jesse Holley on the latest episode of hangin with the boys went off on this team, and rightfully so. I encourage you to listen if you haven’t already. My man was preaching facts, and I find that a lot of times he’s the only one associated with the team that will give the unabashed, uncensored truth.
Link?

And he's usually spot on about this team and the coaching staff. I'd listen to him when he was on The Fan. He wasn't here long but nothing has changed culture wise since he was here over a decade ago. He was also in New England for a little and got to see the drastic difference in their culture vs ours. Night and day.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Link?

And he's usually spot on about this team and the coaching staff. I'd listen to him when he was on The Fan. He wasn't here long but nothing has changed culture wise since he was here over a decade ago. He was also in New England for a little and got to see the drastic difference in their culture vs ours. Night and day.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hangin-with-the-boys/id606680966?i=1000575924836

You can fast forward to about 6 mins into it, as soon as they start talking about the joint practice 

• Like 1