Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, DougO said:

Lots of dumb mistakes. It's almost as if the Cowboys have basically the same coaching staff as last year.

Yep. The Preseason is what it is but you can always see the things that will later impede certain teams in the regular season. Penalties, depth (Cowboys have atrocious depth and addressing it by being in quality free agents is not something they see value in), putting too much hope in Zeke (bc management gave him that contract plus inability to see this isn’t the SB winning 90’s team) and on and on and on. Cowboys ownership and management has seen the teams that have won the SB in the last couple of years and those teams that have won or consistently been in the playoffs and they have come out and said, “we are not doing that, no sir, we’ve got Zeke.” 

I’d love to be wrong about the Preseason being nothing to worry about for the Cowboys but their philosophy in the off-season gives me concern and not a lot of hope. It’s a sloppy team that doesn’t have a lot of depth with some really talented players at a few positions. Like the Patriots the Cowboys have benefited from a very weak division. At least the Pats now have a challenger in the Bills. The Eagles always seem to hang around bc the Commanders (should have been named the Red Wolves) and the Giants haven’t been able to put it together. 

You can see some trends as the preseason goes on with the 1’s for a lot of teams—the score is irrelevant. There will likely be teams that don’t win a game or get blown out that will be heavy hitters in the playoffs. With those teams, when they have the 1’s in there for just a few series, you can see it. It’s just the first preseason game and the second one will determine the cuts and such. But by the time you get to the third one, you can pretty much see it. I’ll fuck around and find out like I always do…but the penalties and lack of depth are pretty concerning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep. The Preseason is what it is but you can always see the things that will later impede certain teams in the regular season. Penalties, depth (Cowboys have atrocious depth and addressing it by being in quality free agents is not something they see value in), putting too much hope in Zeke (bc management gave him that contract plus inability to see this isn’t the SB winning 90’s team) and on and on and on. Cowboys ownership and management has seen the teams that have won the SB in the last couple of years and those teams that have won or consistently been in the playoffs and they have come out and said, “we are not doing that, no sir, we’ve got Zeke.” 

I’d love to be wrong about the Preseason being nothing to worry about for the Cowboys but their philosophy in the off-season gives me concern and not a lot of hope. It’s a sloppy team that doesn’t have a lot of depth with some really talented players at a few positions. Like the Patriots the Cowboys have benefited from a very weak division. At least the Pats now have a challenger in the Bills. The Eagles always seem to hang around bc the Commanders (should have been named the Red Wolves) and the Giants haven’t been able to put it together. 

You can see some trends as the preseason goes on with the 1’s for a lot of teams—the score is irrelevant. There will likely be teams that don’t win a game or get blown out that will be heavy hitters in the playoffs. With those teams, when they have the 1’s in there for just a few series, you can see it. It’s just the first preseason game and the second one will determine the cuts and such. But by the time you get to the third one, you can pretty much see it. I’ll fuck around and find out like I always do…but the penalties and lack of depth are pretty concerning.

Agree.  It’s becoming more apparent that McCarthy is just a piss poor coach that got carried by Rodgers all those years.  

• Hook 'Em 1

You kind of expect some of that with young OL and DB, so I'm not ready to totally panic yet. The defense should be pretty salty, but the thing that could kill them is stupid penalties, grabbing and bad technique. The offense might really struggle with the OL and young receivers having to step up early. The only way the Cowboys will get anywhere is playing really clean on offense. I'm more concerned on that side.

This team is what it is: the 2022 version now with more penalties(17!), more laziness, sloppier play, more stupidity. McCarthy is a lazy fat fuck these players don’t believe in. Joe Philbin should be on a Chad Morris staff. He refuses to coach for his talent instead of forcing bad schemes on them.

What is the Vegas line on which DL will get a big suspension for dope? Will Joseph get arrested next time he’s in a car with a gun being shot out of it?

If they played in a good division this would be a 5-12 team.

DQ should be made the hc today.

21 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Because penalties extend the game, and people watch the Cowboys. 

Even in the Parcells years they were top 10 in penalties every year.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

This site tracks the most penalized teams every year going back to 06, which was Parcells last year. The Cowboys are literally never on the top half of the list, lol.

Another note: the years where McCarthy coached in Green Bay, they started off badly but eventually became one of the LEAST penalized teams. So take what you will from that.

Edited by Pam Cummings

17 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So other than CeeDee and Noah Brown who have we got a W/R? If you’re throwing shit on the wall you need more shit. Gallup won’t be playing for a while.

So your response is to throw a tantrum about Ty Fryfogle?  Lol.  Fucking clown 

Absolutely. Go compare what the Rams and Chiefs have did for their QBs. Or Tampa and Cincy. Then compare the clown college we have running things here. 8f4aa0ff1889565e357f6a6c9e612bc8.jpg

Jerry constantly says they didn’t give Romo a team that he could win with. Or coaches.

It’s now worse with Dak. Dump Cooper over being pissed he didn’t get vaxxed. I don’t believe 88 can be a great WR1 if the rest of the crew are average to bad to inexperienced. The OL is a trainwreck at C with no help, no decent swing for the eight games 77 will miss, and they gotta play for fuckwit Philbin. Zeke. I’m expecting 49er game bad. Inept receivers, zeke falling down for half a yard, sacks, fumbles, drive killing penalties. Stephen got his aversion to free agents from Jerry making stupid deals. Then makes stupid offers to keep junk like Gregory.
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jerry constantly says they didn’t give Romo a team that he could win with. Or coaches.

It’s now worse with Dak. Dump Cooper over being pissed he didn’t get vaxxed. I don’t believe 88 can be a great WR1 if the rest of the crew are average to bad to inexperienced. The OL is a trainwreck at C with no help, no decent swing for the eight games 77 will miss, and they gotta play for fuckwit Philbin. Zeke. I’m expecting 49er game bad. Inept receivers, zeke falling down for half a yard, sacks, fumbles, drive killing penalties. Stephen got his aversion to free agents from Jerry making stupid deals. Then makes stupid offers to keep junk like Gregory.

And THEN they cut Ty Fryfogle!