Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Only saw one as I was leaving. But was broke up pretty quick. More like a squirm.  
I was near field. So security pretty tight down below. 

but boys fans was 9 to 1. So if we was fighting, it was prolly with ourselves 

Last Cowboys game I went to was about 8 rows back behind one of the end zones and saw at least 3 fights down there. Was like football mixed with Mad Max 

No blackouts or issues watching the game in Round Rock on Spectrum via my Windows Media Center & CableCard.
I may be the last person in Central Texas using this format, though.

I think blackouts are pretty stupid, especially now when you can just spin up a stream to watch.

It’s not a blackout. Preseason games belong to the teams. NFL Network only has rights to broadcast live preseason games in markets not covered by the team’s broadcast stations. The game is available with an antenna, or with any cable or satellite items streaming platform with those locals. It’s really an issue with Dish Network who can’t seem to solve their ongoing issues with a variety of networks and media owners.

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

173676967_ScreenShot2022-08-23at4_07_01PM.png.71e4dc32b9f1e0dba304aa374bfda5f8.png

The playoffs not included has nada to do with my point.

My point was every single team in the top 10 winning percentage of regular season advanced to the conference championship at least once (and many of these went to the Super Bowl) except Dallas.

If you are top 10 win percentage in your sport over a decade period, you'd expect more of a return come postseason than what we have. 

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The playoffs not included has nada to do with my point.

My point was every single team in the top 10 winning percentage of regular season advanced to the conference championship at least once (and many of these went to the Super Bowl) except Dallas.

If you are top 10 win percentage in your sport over a decade period, you'd expect more of a return come postseason than what we have. 

I wasn’t challenging your point I was just making fun of jerry and his team and his shit quarterback. 

• Like 1

Running back quality is pretty shitty this year, a continuing trend. Most of the few legit ones left get hurt all the time. Some of the younger talented ones don't get used enough to get into a groove.

The current trend of running back by committee seems like it sucks.

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Meanwhile, Dicker is cut by the Rams and is now one of four kickers competing in GB. He has to be a better option than recycled Maher.

Whatever happened to the guy we signed when Zuerlein was hurt? Forbath maybe? He was perfect on all his FGs and XPs. And they were mostly true from my memory. No doubt about-ers. We went right back to Zuerlein when he returned.

No idea why Dallas is not taking this position more seriously. NFL has to be the #1 sport when it comes to margin for error. So many of these games are decided by less than a score and kicking means so much in the end. We are a few weeks left for the season and still scrambling to find someone.

Maher was let go for a reason. And yet here we are, with him being named as the #1 guy close to the opener. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Whatever happened to the guy we signed when Zuerlein was hurt? Forbath maybe? He was perfect on all his FGs and XPs. And they were mostly true from my memory. No doubt about-ers. We went right back to Zuerlein when he returned.

No idea why Dallas is not taking this position more seriously. NFL has to be the #1 sport when it comes to margin for error. So many of these games are decided by less than a score and kicking means so much in the end. We are a few weeks left for the season and still scrambling to find someone.

Maher was let go for a reason. And yet here we are, with him being named as the #1 guy close to the opener. 

Maher was pretty 16-of-18 for the Saints last year but his long was 42. We know he has a big leg. He was 20-of-32 from 30-49 distance in 2018 and 2019 with the Cowboys. He was 4-of-4 last season from 30-42 so maybe they feel he's gotten better there. Oh well, guess we'll see what we see because the Cowboys have seemingly handed him the #1 gig.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think forbath hurt his leg and hasn’t played since 

Welp...

Cowboys LT Tyron Smith may get MRI on knee after Wednesday practice

61dba3d16b484c8dba6930c14c8eb84f.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
August 24, 2022 8:14 pm CT

The Dallas Cowboys had been enjoying their return to Texas with back-to-back night practices open to the public. In addition, the team has been able to avoid the injury bug to major parts of their projected starting lineup throughout training camp, but it appears that will be put to the test now.

Left tackle Tyron Smith went down in Wednesday’s practice, then limped off the field accompanied by head trainer Britt Brown. It appears that Smith has suffered a left knee injury of some sort and will undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. ESPN’s Todd Archer was the first to report the scan, although there does seem to be some optimism that a major injury was avoided.

Edited by DougO

Why even attempt to count on him for even half a season anymore.  They need to cut him next year and move on.  It's a shame because he could have been one of the all time greats, but he can't stay healthy. 

If Tyron is out the scenarios with Josh Ball next to 73 is not pretty. They should have drafted his replacement instead of fucking Trystan Hill. Fuck Marinelli for that one. This o line has gone from THe shit to being shit.