Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

46 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I hope the kid turns out to be a player just so you fucking oversensitive titty babies have to eat a pile of crow.   I have no confidence that will be the case.   

I actually do too...... But can Jerrah still die?  Last guy I was down on around this spot was..... well, Taco.  But before that it was Frederick and he turned out to be excellent, let's hope for the same type of production, just without the career ending disease.

• Like 1

Yeah, Dallas took a 2nd Rd project player in the 1st Rd, in a year where they didn't do anything in Free Agency.  They tried to sell the idea "Don't worry about the current roster --Just watch what we do in this year's NFL Draft".

What a bunch of Fuckheads -- I'm sure they wanted to trade back and take this Tulsa guy early 2nd Rd.  But the dumb fuckers screwed up and worked the phones too late which forced them to panic and pick this guy 12-15 spots too high.

And it's doubtful this Tulsa player will be ready to start in the NFL in 2022 -- what a worthless use of draft capital.  It's likely that the 2022 Dallas roster will be worse than 2021.

smdh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Bwhaahaaahhhaaa you are talking to fans that watched the Cowboys from the early 70s to the mid-90s. You are defending a team that turned into the Lions over the last 25 years. You have no idea of how much we really suck.

And who exactly do you think you just quoted? 

• Hook 'Em 1

So going into this the consensus was it was a shallow 1st round, that most of the picks last night would be reaches, and that trading down would be challenging and trading up would be expensive. That the judgement of this draft would be rounds 3, 4, 5. That is what has played out.

There were some terrible trades last night. A lot of OLs drafted that have flaws including this one. This guy reminds me of Erik Williams. Big, mean, nasty, can move. Has not had much coaching on technicals. He was higher on draft boards of teams than pundits.

I am not rating any pick based on Bob Sturm’s angst. The media has this pick from a an A to a D like all the picks. They just don’t know. None of us do either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

So going into this the consensus was it was a shallow 1st round, that most of the picks last night would be reaches, and that trading down would be challenging and trading up would be expensive. That the judgement of this draft would be rounds 3, 4, 5. That is what has played out.

There were some terrible trades last night. A lot of OLs drafted that have flaws including this one. This guy reminds me of Erik Williams. Big, mean, nasty, can move. Has not had much coaching on technicals. He was higher on draft boards of teams than pundits.

I am not rating any pick based on Bob Sturm’s angst. The media has this pick from a an A to a D like all the picks. They just don’t know. None of us do either.

Don’t try and bring reason to a Cowboys thread, this is no place for it. Everyone would be bitching no matter who was selected at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I'm good all day with drafting lineman.  So many bodies to fill so go grab as much depth as you can.  

That said, I wouldn't have mind a Kenneth Walker right here.  Run a 2 headed monster at RB this year and dump zekes contract next year to save $$. 

another RB in the first round?  no way.  that's part of how we got where we are. 

12 hours ago, Hate said:

Yeah, let me clarify. I don’t hate them going OL with the pick, but they completely over reached with this pick. Every time the should zig they end up zagging. I hate Jerry jones more than I hate any human on this planet. I hope his boat sinks with him on it.

I know a guy

image.png.646fdf2d7bdfd9d44695f41d0bf5ef02.png

Just now, Richard Kimball said:

NSIAP, Jerry shows the entire Cowboys draft list to the room. 

Well I guess that means the teams that pick right before and after have all the leverage now whether it’s a player they want or don’t want. Sigh…cue the circus music.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

True. There are so many phony draft experts shifting media narratives that it is virtually useless paying attention to all but a very few. It's a big show like eveything else, now, even televised live on ABC, which was a total shitshow.

But yeah, for the Cowboys  especially, this draft was more about what they do with picks 2, 3 and 4, getting the value there and achieving the rare feat of getting players that contribute early and stick. 

1 hour ago, Richard Kimball said:

NSIAP, Jerry shows the entire Cowboys draft list to the room. 

Stephen Jones is laughing but also grabbing his collar and signaling to everyone he can’t do a fucking thing or he’ll be cut out of the will. “Just hang on for 20 more years of this and it will be my team” is what he’s putting out there.

So after reading some of the pundits today, and hearing about his press conference, I'm feeling a little better. Was he a reach, probably, does he need to develop, sure, but he could turn out to be exactly what we need on the OL. Definitely a position of need. Ok, I'll shut down my optimism now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

So after reading some of the pundits today, and hearing about his press conference, I'm feeling a little better. Was he a reach, probably, does he need to develop, sure, but he could turn out to be exactly what we need on the OL. Definitely a position of need. Ok, I'll shut down my optimism now. 

I think his makeup translates to guard pretty well, actually. I didn’t love the pick, but if I’m playing devils advocate:

1. he had a second round grade but that’s because only like 15-20 guys have a first round grade. This happens every year, and more so this year than just about any other year

2. Tennessee literally called Dallas to try and trade up for Tyler smith. There were plenty of other teams that had him graded as a top 30 player. 

My only real beef was they should’ve made a stronger attempt to trade up, or they should’ve taken the best available defensive player. They put themselves in this position where they couldn’t take best player available. They absolutely needed a guard that could play tomorrow, so that’s what they were forced to take. They banked on Zion Johnson or Kenyon green falling to their pick, and broke their own rule of filling a need with a mediocre veteran that could start right away so they can take BPA

Edited by youdunnf'dup

I think his makeup translates to guard pretty well, actually. I didn’t love the pick, but if I’m playing devils advocate:
1. he had a second round grade but that’s because only like 15-20 guys have a first round grade. This happens every year, and more so this year than just about any other year

2. Tennessee literally called Dallas to try and trade up for Tyler smith. There were plenty of other teams that had him graded as a top 30 player. 

My only real beef was they should’ve made a stronger attempt to trade up, or they should’ve taken the best available defensive player. They put themselves in this position where they couldn’t take best player available. They absolutely needed a guard that could play tomorrow, so that’s what they were forced to take. They banked on Zion Johnson or Kenyon green falling to their pick, and broke their own rule of filling a need with a mediocre veteran that could start right away so they can take BPA

I agree with you and I’m glad they didn’t make some of the stupid trades some teams made in the middle of the round. They kept their draft capital and got the guy they were eyeballing at 24. Im not sure they would have chosen differently if Smith, Green and Zion were all available. They are done with undersized interior linemen like biadacz and 52 so I don’t think the Iowa center was a high consideration. This guy is big, mean, nasty, and can move. Needs some coaching but they all do.

Just now, tokamak said:

Linderbaum gave up 2 sacks in 1200 snaps against Big Ten competition. 

They got burned by biadisz and are gunshy to go right back to it. 

as I scrolled down to see how much further before Dallas picks again, it occurred to me how silly it is that a team with so many significant holes is picking so late every round.  Should have thrown the division. 

Can you name one instance in the history of human civilization where the golden spoon fed offspring of supreme privilege turned out to be anything other than spoiled worthless fucks? 
The odds are it's happened but I can't think of any. 
Gaius Octavius did ok...Nero reverted to form I guess.

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Thank you Arizona for taking the tight end, you know Jerry was going to take him

Naw, I think they targeted their troubled but talented future Randy Gregory type. Classic Cowboys pick. 

Edited by DougO