Dallas Cowboys 2022 Offseason Thread -- Every Time Jerrah Talks, an Angel Sheds Their Wings

Patrick Bateman

What NfL QB in the league can win January and playoff games without a strong running game? I believe as bad as the OL was and ineffective running game from Zeke maybe only Rodgers could have gone any further with last season’s team. And not much further. Zeke’s contract has been devastating to the team, combined with shitty OL coaching from fucktwit Philbin.

Idk..some better clock mgt and some better execution earlier in the game and we could have beaten sf. I think the team is close to having big success, but until it happens it sounds like homerism.

Reminds me of UT in that way, we were so close to being so much better than 4-8 or whatever last year.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

What NfL QB in the league can win January and playoff games without a strong running game? I believe as bad as the OL was and ineffective running game from Zeke maybe only Rodgers could have gone any further with last season’s team. And not much further. Zeke’s contract has been devastating to the team, combined with shitty OL coaching from fucktwit Philbin.

the quarterback touches the ball on every play.  he literally influences everything that happens on that side of the ball.  dak fucking sucks, one of the worst starting quarterbacks in football and absolutely the most overpaid player in professional sports by a laughably wide margin. any number of quarterbacks could have gotten more from our running game than he did.  any number of quarterbacks could have had significant postseason success with our roster. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Have you finally come around to the idea that Dak is the black Kirk cousins? If we’re being honest, their careers are a lot more similar than we want to give it credit for. I’m higher on Kirk cousins than most people, but it’s because I think him and Dak are firmly in the same tier of qb, along with Derek carr. Both Dak and Kirk can look really fucking good with a good to great running game. Average without one. Both have the same exact playoff record if I’m not mistaken. I think we might have overpaid for our boy. No defensive coordinator is like “oh fuck, we have Dak this week.”

I don't get into the whole "overpaid" discussion. QB salaries go up every year. Dak got paid market value. His contract will be outdated soon if it already isn't. And if you look at teams like the Rams, you can pay as many star players as you want. The salary cap hell is a myth. You can arrange contracts to fit them all under the cap with ease. Dak's contract has zero to do with our failures. Seeing as they can't build a complete roster around their QBs over the last decade and a half. This OL is about as bad as what Romo dealt with (but he conveniently gets the excuses for that terrible OL.) And our run game is pretty inefficient as well. Something Romo never could overcome, either. The 2 seasons we had the most complete teams were 2014 and 2016. And both years, the defense was complete shit and allowed Rodgers to school them. 

We traded one of the top WRs in the league for absolutely nothing. Every other WR was getting a 1st rd pick minimum. We got a throwaway pick.

It doesn't matter who our QB is. The front office has no idea what to do around them.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Have you finally come around to the idea that Dak is the black Kirk cousins? If we’re being honest, their careers are a lot more similar than we want to give it credit for. I’m higher on Kirk cousins than most people, but it’s because I think him and Dak are firmly in the same tier of qb, along with Derek carr. Both Dak and Kirk can look really fucking good with a good to great running game. Average without one. Both have the same exact playoff record if I’m not mistaken. I think we might have overpaid for our boy. No defensive coordinator is like “oh fuck, we have Dak this week.”

Cousins is at least an interesting debate although you probably come out behind in the majority opinion.  Carr?  Hmmm.  That's a no, dawg.  Not much statistical case can be made.  And he just signed an extension for 40.5m AAV so that wouldn't support your thought process Dak is overpaid, but now.... seems like about market or a little less.  

Interesting, Cousins has made 140m the last 5 years. AAV.  Dak has made around 52m AAV.  Dak doesn't get insanely expensive until next year.

the quarterback touches the ball on every play.  he literally influences everything that happens on that side of the ball.  dak fucking sucks, one of the worst starting quarterbacks in football and absolutely the most overpaid player in professional sports by a laughably wide margin. any number of quarterbacks could have gotten more from our running game than he did.  any number of quarterbacks could have had significant postseason success with our roster. 

You are letting your Dak hate cloud your perspective. Dak has regressed since losing Jon Kitna as his QB coach, a stupid move by McCarthy. He has returned to some bad backup traits poured into him by career backups Garrett, Linehan, and Moore. But he is certainly not the most overpaid player in pro sports and not the worst starter in the league. You’re showing your stupidity. If you think Zeke’s decline is the fault of Dak you’re smoking the wrong shit.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You are letting your Dak hate cloud your perspective. Dak has regressed since losing Jon Kitna as his QB coach, a stupid move by McCarthy. He has returned to some bad backup traits poured into him by career backups Garrett, Linehan, and Moore. But he is certainly not the most overpaid player in pro sports and not the worst starter in the league. You’re showing your stupidity. If you think Zeke’s decline is the fault of Dak you’re smoking the wrong shit.

every single word of this is wrong. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:46 PM, Vic Mackey said:

I don't get into the whole "overpaid" discussion. QB salaries go up every year. Dak got paid market value. His contract will be outdated soon if it already isn't. And if you look at teams like the Rams, you can pay as many star players as you want. The salary cap hell is a myth. You can arrange contracts to fit them all under the cap with ease. Dak's contract has zero to do with our failures. Seeing as they can't build a complete roster around their QBs over the last decade and a half. This OL is about as bad as what Romo dealt with (but he conveniently gets the excuses for that terrible OL.) And our run game is pretty inefficient as well. Something Romo never could overcome, either. The 2 seasons we had the most complete teams were 2014 and 2016. And both years, the defense was complete shit and allowed Rodgers to school them. 

We traded one of the top WRs in the league for absolutely nothing. Every other WR was getting a 1st rd pick minimum. We got a throwaway pick.

It doesn't matter who our QB is. The front office has no idea what to do around them.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. My larger point is, maybe don’t pay Kirk cousins level qbs market value unless you’re genuinely close. Unless you’re genuinely a qb away. 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:56 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Cousins is at least an interesting debate although you probably come out behind in the majority opinion.  Carr?  Hmmm.  That's a no, dawg.  Not much statistical case can be made.  And he just signed an extension for 40.5m AAV so that wouldn't support your thought process Dak is overpaid, but now.... seems like about market or a little less.  

Interesting, Cousins has made 140m the last 5 years. AAV.  Dak has made around 52m AAV.  Dak doesn't get insanely expensive until next year.

Carr has never had the running game that both Dak and cousins have had several times in their careers. Nor has he had a group of wrs like Dak and cousins have had. He’s firmly in that tier in my opinion, but I’ll admit that I don’t have a lot of real word evidence to back up that opinion. I’ve just always been somewhat impressed by him (and cousins for that matter) and think both are pretty underrated. They just aren’t “set the market” type of qbs. They’re guys that should bounce around to teams like the 49ers, or the eagles, who could make a claim that they’re a qb away 

The book on Dak is he really is a top 10 QB UNTIL he gets rattled. Be it due to his own injury, Tyron being out, whatever, its happened every year he's in the league. And once he's rattled it lasts the whole rest of the year. He stops reading the field and becomes average to below average

Edited by cmontexas
  • Like 1

The book on Dak is he really is a top 10 QB UNTIL he gets rattled. Be it due to his own injury, Tyron being out, whatever, its happened every year he's in the league. And once he's rattled it lasts the whole rest of the year. He stops reading the field and becomes average to below average

Dak’s issue with pressure goes back to that Atlanta game where Garrett refused to give Dak some extra protection and the Falcons sacked him like 37 times.

jerry is a total clown and I also have never had that coffee nor do I care about it, but, I really hope jerry tells everyone criticizing any of it to suck his dick.  it will be interesting to see how he handles it.  he typically doesn’t care about and hardly even acknowledges criticism. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, futureman said:

jerry is a total clown and I also have never had that coffee nor do I care about it, but, I really hope jerry tells everyone criticizing any of it to suck his dick.  it will be interesting to see how he handles it.  he typically doesn’t care about and hardly even acknowledges criticism. 

It's a veteran owned coffee company and many swear by it. I've never heard of it. 

Knowing Jerry, I'm sure he saw the name and knew it would cause a little stir in today's climate and get some more attention. Because Jerry can't get enough attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's a veteran owned coffee company and many swear by it. I've never heard of it. 

Knowing Jerry, I'm sure he saw the name and knew it would cause a little stir in today's climate and get some more attention. Because Jerry can't get enough attention. 

It’s pretty good coffee. Not great, but pretty damn good.  Better than that burnt ass shit from SBUX 

It’s pretty good coffee. Not great, but pretty damn good.  Better than that burnt ass shit from SBUX 

Guy at my lease who is the coffee guy brings it. You are correct it is good. I’m a way more coffee snob and get mine from a roaster in NoCal but if I saw it I would buy it.

There is a high probability this is Zeke's last year with the Cowboys unless he takes a huge pay cut.  Let's hope we can get a full season of health.  

The only other thing I don't like is I don't feel like we have a great 3rd RB because as much as I like Pollard, I don't think he can carry the load by himself.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:05 PM, futureman said:

this will be the year.  dak will put up decent numbers accumulated almost completely on the tail end of blowout losses and we will miss the playoffs, and, finally, people will start to acknowledge what a complete and utter fraud and massive pussy he is. dak fucking sucks. 

I wouldn’t say he sucks but I’m not the unapologetic troll you are. I will say, though, how is that different than any other year?

Watch, though - without Amari opening things up for Dak, he, CDL, Schulz, and Moore will all have awful years. Moore and McCarthy will be blamed and it’s because Dak isn’t that good without better talent around him. But hey, Zeke is in the best shape of his life!  He will probably rush for 800 yards this season. 

If anyone is bored like me, NFLN is showing ‘99 opener vs Worshington, currently in 4th qtr.  May be Gailey’s one shining moment as Cowboys coach. 

I watched it too, in the background. I believe Snyder’s first game as well; I believe he was in his box picking out which cheerleaders to perv on. It was nice seeing the Triplets; Deion was sidelined. The time was nearing the end. Gailey was inept.

39 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I watched it too, in the background. I believe Snyder’s first game as well; I believe he was in his box picking out which cheerleaders to perv on. It was nice seeing the Triplets; Deion was sidelined. The time was nearing the end. Gailey was inept.

You’re inept and yet the time for you isn’t nearing the end. 

Perhaps in this one instance the Cowboys chose wisely (although by accident).

• The Athletic's Nick Kosmider reports head coach Nathaniel Hackett has "been evasive" when questioned about Randy Gregory's (shoulder) return.

Gregory signed a five-year, $70 million deal with the Broncos in March and underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his rotator cuff shortly thereafter. As a result, Gregory missed all of the team's offseason workout programs, making Hackett's silence on the subject a bit alarming. Last season with the Cowboys, Gregory totaled six sacks and four tackles for a loss in 12 games but has yet to play a full season in any of his five years in the league. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Jul 9, 2022, 4:14 PM ET

• Hook 'Em 1