Wasn't expecting to see this outside my house this morning

Burt

Was sitting on the couch with my dogs on my day off watching The Alpinist.  Just as the movie got to a very suspenseful moment, I heard sirens...but I just thought it was part of the movie.  But it got louder for a few seconds and then stopped.  I live halfway up a dead end road and most of the people up toward the end are older, so I thought it may have been an ambulance.  I decided to take the dogs out in the front yard and do a little recon to where it went.  As soon as I opened the door, my overly protective lab took off in a dead sprint toward what I just realized was a dumbass on his knees in the middle of my usually quite street and cop with an M-16 aimed between his shoulders.  I'm screaming like a motherfucker at my dog to stop before she wound up on the wrong end of a bullet so I couldn't really hear what was being said.  By the time I got her back in the house the cop was already cuffing the guy.

I've since learned it was a guy who everyone in town has been following on Facebook for the past couple of weeks to watch his meltdown over his slut of a girlfriend.  He was finally arrested last week after a 4 hour standoff with charges of Intimidation, Criminal Trespass, and Assault with a Weapon.  Apparently, he does a little side work with my next door neighbor and was dropping off something for him to give to the guy's kids.

It was three years ago this week this week that something very similar happened in that exact same spot!

20220117_100130a.jpg

20220117_100243.jpg

Edited by Burt