2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They’ve barely seen Simpson and haven’t seen Czech. I would not, but she’ll want to go. Hard to guess 

a faster pitcher might actually be worse.  they wouldn't be so far out in front.

Dolcini will probably go until she cries uncle or it's totally obvious she's done and white has to pull her.  We need to get runs early.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Dolcini sounded like she knows that it’s Simpson’s and Czech’s game tomorrow. Maybe Dolcini can give us an inning, but 55 with spin won’t fool them forever 

I’m ok with this. 129 pitchers for her today, after last night, and 3 straight games last weekend. 

Arky hasn’t seen Czech and saw SS for a few batters only. She had 2 strikeouts 

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Dolcini sounded like she knows that it’s Simpson’s and Czech’s game tomorrow. Maybe Dolcini can give us an inning, but 55 with spin won’t fool them forever 

I'll be shocked if Dolcini isn't starting tomorrow even if the velocity is down.  White has no faith in any of these other pitchers and I don't really blame him. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I'll be shocked if Dolcini isn't starting tomorrow even if the velocity is down.  White has no faith in any of these other pitchers and I don't really blame him. 

agreed.  luckily for White, this is it for Dolcini's career.  He needs to make sure we/he are not in this position again, having to throw one pitcher 650+ pitches in a week.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Why does breaking up with “boo” mean no more pitch in college?

2 separate things.  She broke up with GF and, unrelatedly, has an arm injury that will keep her from pitching for the rest of her college career.  I was just trying to relish in Elish karma, cuz I'm a bitter old man.  

• Haha 1

Big part of today's win was the longer at bat for Texas right after Hailey had to pitch that ridiculously long 3rd inning...

Gave Hailey time to recover while Texas took the lead on the two HR's.

JJ's great defensive play to end hawgs 3rd inning AB was huge too !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Big part of today's win was the longer at bat for Texas right after Hailey had to pitch that ridiculously long 3rd inning...

Gave Hailey time to recover while Texas took the lead on the two HR's.

JJ's great defensive play to end hawgs 3rd inning AB was huge too !!!

She was at like, 80 pitches through 3? 

Threw 49 for the rest of the game.  12/13 batters retired in the 4, 5, 6, and 7 innings 

• Hook 'Em 1

ESPN Summary:

Back-to-back home runs in the third inning and solid pitching carried No. 18 Texas to a 3-1 win over No. 4 Arkansas on Friday, evening the best-of-three NCAA Softball Tournament Super Regional in Fayetteville, Arkansas, at one win apiece.

Texas starting pitcher Hailey Dolcini gave up only five hits and walked just two while striking out two to earn the win. What turned out to be the difference-making home runs were hit by Janae Jefferson and Katie Cimusz.

Arkansas took a 1-0 lead in the top of the third inning, but could not hold it.

KB Sides walked, advanced to third on an infield single by Taylor Ellsworth, and eventually scored on an RBI single by Danielle Gibson.

Texas quickly retaliated in the bottom half of the third with the back-to-back homers by Jefferson and Cimusz to move ahead, 2-1.

Soon after, the Razorbacks looked to the bullpen and brought Chenise Delce to the circle in place of starter Mary Haff. But Mary Iakopo drove Delce's first pitch of the game to left center for a run-scoring double, scoring Alyssa Washington and widening the gap to 3-1. Delce settled in and struck out the next two batters to end the rally.

Delce and Dolcini continued to battle from there, shutting down batters on both sides for the remainder of the game as the Longhorns made the two-run advantage stand up for the win.

Up Next

Arkansas (48-10) will face Texas (42-19) in the decisive third game of the Fayetteville Super Regional series on Saturday at 3 p.m.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ok St gets to head on down the road to keep playing. 

First to move on to OKC

(1) OU up 1-0 on (16) UCF

(3) VT and (14) UF got rain delayed/suspended (VT leading game 1 6-0 in the 5th when suspended) 

(4) Arkansas tied 1-1 with Texas

(5) UCLA up 1-0 on (12) Duke

(7) Ok State moved on 2-0 over (10) Clemson 

(9) Northwestern up 1-0 on (8) ASU

Oregon St up 1-0 on Stanford 

Arizona up 1-0 on Miss St

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

What happened, she looked fine yesterday, at least when i watched through the 4th inning

She’s thrown 525 pitches in a week. Not much left in the tank. May come in to close this game out if we have a late lead 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I dont know much about the risks of overpitching in softball. Can anything bad happen? Or is it more that her stuff would be off or inconsistent?

She was down 6-8 mph yesterday after the 3rd inning. Huge risk to start her