2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm not gonna ask why ChiTownDoc is an OU  fan and Burnt Ends contributor because we appreciate the support. But it is perplexing.

friendly reminder that giving him the hook 'em reaction is basically a middle finger

• Haha 2

Also, second national championship between Texas and ou in the last few weeks. Don’t forget Texas beat them in the womens tennis finals. Ou’s mens golf team choked hard in match play too or it could have been three. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, sidis said:

Also, second national championship between Texas and ou in the last few weeks. Don’t forget Texas beat them in the womens tennis finals. Ou’s mens golf team choked hard in match play too or it could have been three. 

SEC? Ok State couldn’t handle that smoke 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

SEC? Ok State couldn’t handle that smoke 

Okstate eliminated by us in softball and golf. 

fuck ‘em, that fucking second quarter pick six that Casey threw against them was the official implosion moment the entire season went down the fucking drain. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

no matter what think of where this program was a few years back.....just "the girls" out there "playing for the fun of the game" and shit like that while another of the convalescents that used to infest Texas women's sports collected way too big of a check

now instead of folding when things get tough they fucking step up and answer to the best of their abilities if not a bit above and they believe in themselves and their future and that Texas can and SHOULD win championships.....not just fund a bunch of bitches in a women's administration to equalize some funding while rolling  a ball out there and saying "just have fun girls"

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

Enjoying this win. 

it is tough to see ou losing two games but given their fully matured lore, maybe we need an ou softball team vs. the great armies of history thread. Or a maybe WE will 5th inning run rule THEM quote. 

either way, great accomplishment for Texas softball today. 

Unless something changed since 2019, the run-rule is not in effect for the champ series 😬🥵

• Haha 1

Just now, ButtFumble said:

no matter what think of where this program was a few years back.....just "the girls" out there "playing for the fun of the game" and shit like that while another of the convalescents that used to infest Texas women's sports collected way too big of a check

now instead of folding when things get tough they fucking step up and answer to the best of their abilities if not a bit above and they believe in themselves and their future and that Texas can and SHOULD win championships.....not just fund a bunch of bitches in a women's administration to equalize some funding while rolling  a ball out there and saying "just have fun girls"

Yep. Plonsky should be banished from UT for how long she held our womens programs back. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

it's crazy how one person could keep the women's programs from flourishing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ha, lots of friends and family at UT.  I have more money than brain cells etc.  Either way, I really don't hate you guys like I should.  Start winning in football again and I'll change my tune fast.  Jokes aside, I've supported the bobs here going way back and consider many of you dumbfucks to me my actual friends.  Anyways, hope you get fucked hard in the championship series.  

I gave your post a 🤘 since someone said its like a 🖕 to you people

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Unless something changed since 2019, the run-rule is not in effect for the champ series 😬🥵

eh, not worried.  not sure what happened during that Baylor series but other than that the pitching has been pretty solid for 2 months. czech and simpson have come on and our D has been fairly solid of late.  don't walk and make plays you are supposed to make and we can be in any game.

Texas played OSU 6 times, going 2-4

They will also play OU a minimum of 6 times, currently 1-3 in 4 games with 2-3 left to play

Hard to imagine you play 2 conference opponents 6 times in a season, with 5/12 coming in the postseason. 

• Like 2

I meant to bring this up when it happened during game 2 but got distracted and then forgot about it when Elish grounded into a 4-6-3 double play to end the 5th.  But the batter before the double play was called out for interference while being hit by her bunted ball.  Did anyone else catch the announcer saying she was "hit in the box"?  Even my 9 yr old laughed at that!  She then froze up when I asked how she knew what a "box" is.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

I meant to bring this up when it happened during game 2 but got distracted and then forgot about it when Elish grounded into a 4-6-3 double play to end the 5th.  But the batter before the double play was called out for interference while being hit by her bunted ball.  Did anyone else catch the announcer saying she was "hit in the box"?  Even my 9 yr old laughed at that!  She then froze up when I asked how she knew what a "box" is.

Was it the male broadcaster or Scarborough? I can't remember. 

You gotta remember where Scarborough went to school. 

18 minutes ago, Burt said:

hold-on-wait-a-minute.gif

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ok St loses to Arky in baseball, then softball team loses to Lady Horns,   Gloom in Stillwater for a while.

And we knocked them out of golf championships last week

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Also this is my fear of exactly how our semifinal would go too - maybe we pull an upset in game 1 out of desperation, but then OSU remembers they're the 2nd best team in OKC and kick our ass in the if-necessary game. 

15 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I think we will lose the first one, but then again I’ve doubted this team all year.

Y’all are welcome. Also, we stand no chance against OU. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Y’all are welcome. Also, we stand no chance against OU. 

Calling it - 

Texas loses game 1, Simpson pitches a gem in game 2 for a W and Dolcini puts us on her back for a close game 3 and a title. 

It’s our year 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1