2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

We have more errors than hits. I'll just jump out there and call it a problem. 

The 6 home runs OU has hammered by 4 different players are a slight issue as well. We all knew this was a possibility. Hoped for a different outcome, but it wasn't meant to be tonight. I'd love to see them come back and play with pride tomorrow night. Heck, the Sooners have scored in every inning, and only the second inning did they score a single run. Holding them scoreless or to one run in the 6th would be a victory of sorts. 

Whelp, nvm. At least she kept it in the park. Desperate for moral victories when it's a 15-1 beatdown. 

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

The 6 home runs OU has hammered by 4 different players are a slight issue as well. We all knew this was a possibility. Hoped for a different outcome, but it wasn't meant to be tonight. I'd love to see them come back and play with pride tomorrow night. Heck, the Sooners have scored in every inning, and only the second inning did they score a single run. Holding them scoreless or to one run in the 6th would be a victory of sorts. 

Whelp, nvm. At least she kept it in the park. Desperate for moral victories when it's a 15-1 beatdown. 

OU's power display happens virtually every game, pretty well independent of the opponent. Our making four errors was by definition within our control and a huge departure from our postseason norm. We couldn't have beaten even an ordinary team the way we played defense or hit tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

31 runs in the last 12 innings for OU. We have to hope their offense hits a wall tomorrow and maybe we can win a 3-2 type game

It still feels like free money these Texas girls made it this far. I just hate seeing them play with so much obvious pressure. Don't worry about the score. Just go out there and do your best. Heck, throw to first and get the out. They played so tight in this game. I hate that way more than the final score. 

This OU squad is a fucking juggernaut. It's the equivalent of the Bronx Bombers. I just don't want to see the girls get deflated. Play smart. Take your swings. Get the out at first. If they hit a home run, they hit a home run. Next batter. 

There is so much good to build on with this post season. I'm not going to let the outcome in the finals change my view about any of it. Too many years of Texas completely underachieving in softball and it feels like it's finally coming to an end. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

The biggest problem is Dolcini isn't healthy. Not that it would  likely change the outcome of this series but it was the best chance for Texas. 

It's actually remarkable Texas is in the national championship series because Dolcini clearly hasn't been right since the Arkansas series. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

31 runs in the last 12 innings for OU. We have to hope their offense hits a wall tomorrow and maybe we can win a 3-2 type game

It takes a great pitching performance, great defense, and offense to show up to beat Ou.  We don’t have any room for not performing our best.  Ou, not so much.  They have 3 pitchers who would be the aces on any other team, and multiple all star top hitting recruits.  We need some luck, and must keep it together manana, with a great pitching effort to win.   I don’t hear the fat lady singing.

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is JJ the only player that would start in OU's lineup? 

This was a great year and nothing to be disappointed with. Ran into a juggernaut that's destroying everyone. 

Jefferson happens to play the same position as Jennings (400 average, 950 slugging, 29 HR, 85 RBI, 977 fielding as a sophomore) so starting Jefferson would require some juggling.

Jennings apparently prefers to play 3rd so you could have Jefferson at 2nd, Jennings at 3rd and move Johns from 3rd to 1st to keep her bat in the lineup.

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Is JJ the only player that would start in OU's lineup? 

This was a great year and nothing to be disappointed with. Ran into a juggernaut that's destroying everyone. 

She could hit for them, but she ain’t starting at 2B. Iakopo is better than either of their catchers 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok, so I am mostly disappointed by the Horns total lack of fight. This was the team I saw in Clearwater. Several times, we had kids swinging freely immediately after a walk was issued. We played defense like the softball was a hand grenade, our pitchers couldn't hit their spots, and our hitters couldn't hit their asses with both hands. It was embarrassing to watch, so I can't imaging how it felt for the players on the field. Unfortunately, only one of those groups can do anything about it. We will see tonight if they have any fight left in them or if they are just happy to be there.