K-State at Texas -- LHN 7:30pm CT -- Tues Jan. 18th

LTtxfan

• LTtxfan changed the title to K-State at Texas -- LHN 7:30pm CT -- Tues Jan. 18th

$10 holiday ticketing policy still in effect.  Just go to texassports.com, but GA for $10 but instead of stuck upstairs...you can sit anywhere in the bowl that's open.  

I thought we'd split between OSU/ISU on the road, but no dice.  To remain competitive for a #4-type of seed, we need to win every home game except maybe split Kansas & Baylor (I know that's a very tall order at the moment).  Obviously for many of us, expectations have come down considerably since early December.  But these are not the hiccup kinda games we can afford to lose anymore.  

tl; dr---Fuck K-State. 

10 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Will someone please get off their ass and go watch this game in person! I've been to the last 4 and won't be able to make the game. Go Horns! 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

$10 holiday ticketing policy still in effect.  Just go to texassports.com, but GA for $10 but instead of stuck upstairs...you can sit anywhere in the bowl that's open.  

I thought we'd split between OSU/ISU on the road, but no dice.  To remain competitive for a #4-type of seed, we need to win every home game except maybe split Kansas & Baylor (I know that's a very tall order at the moment).  Obviously for many of us, expectations have come down considerably since early December.  But these are not the hiccup kinda games we can afford to lose anymore.  

tl; dr---Fuck K-State. 

Thanks Droopy & Lobo !!

Huge game tonight -- need a Texas win against K-State to stay ranked and on course for a tournament bid...

Hook em !! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Will someone please get off their ass and go watch this game in person! I've been to the last 4 and won't be able to make the game. Go Horns! 

Just might. Where have you been buying tickets? 

Nvm - @Lobo answered my Q. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I think you can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for like $14 a month. Good deal if you have kids. 

Even if you don't have kids!

Except for the summer, it's a year round college sports avenue for viewing purposes. 

There were 12 football games featuring a Big 12 team on ESPN+ last fall
There's a lot of Big 12 MBB on ESPN+ - like 22 or so? (2 of Texas' games)
There were 13 Texas Baseball games on ESPN+ last year

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Damn, I'm flipped now.  Loved LHN for hoops and baseball games I couldn't make in person (which is now most of 'em).  But google fiber cut off TV but we get ESPN+ for free but no LHN.  I like ESPN+ production level 'n shit, but it's like 20% of the number of games across the sports I care about (hoops, baseball, VB).  I don't like that you can't do an a la carte purchase on LHN like with many other networks.  Despite record cord cutting (both voluntary and providers just dropping TV service in huge markets altogether like Google Fiber)...LHN isn't gonna bother reworking their platform distribution into monthly online subscriptions/one-off purchases because it's being dropped entirely from existence in 18 months or so.  

So all that to say, if anybody wants to anonymously leak a link to the game tonight...happy to buy you beers at a baseball game later this Spring.

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Damn, I'm flipped now.  Loved LHN for hoops and baseball games I couldn't make in person (which is now most of 'em).  But google fiber cut off TV but we get ESPN+ for free but no LHN.  I like ESPN+ production level 'n shit, but it's like 20% of the number of games across the sports I care about (hoops, baseball, VB).  I don't like that you can't do an a la carte purchase on LHN like with many other networks.  Despite record cord cutting (both voluntary and providers just dropping TV service in huge markets altogether like Google Fiber)...LHN isn't gonna bother reworking their platform distribution into monthly online subscriptions/one-off purchases because it's being dropped entirely from existence in 18 months or so.  

So all that to say, if anybody wants to anonymously leak a link to the game tonight...happy to buy you beers at a baseball game later this Spring.

Check the r/LonghornNation game thread right before tip. There’s usually a link. 

Or you can go to blue flag.ga and search for the game if you trust your pop up blocker and virus software. 

If my blocker/virus software can handle what I googled at 3:30am this morning when I couldn't sleep, I think it can navigate a college hoops broadcast. 

Thanks, I'll check it out.

It's also so weird (to me) that we will have completed our home and road trips with 3 conference opponents (KSU tonight, OSU Saturday and ISU on Feb 5) before we get our first crack at Baylor or Kansas.  And we play both of them on back to backs (KU 2/7, @ Baylor 2/12 and then Baylor 2/28, @ KU 3/5).

If you're one of the first 750 "students" to enter the gates tonight, you get a free what-a-burger.  Like the actual sandwich, not just some coupon.  Gates open in 5 minutes.  Chug two, three beers and report back to the thread.  While standing in line for the what-a-burger, chat up any co-eds in line with hot bun double-entendres.  

Guys... this is lit. You can pay $11.50 after fees and sit wherever the fuck you want. They don't have ushers checking tickets. Look at this. 

20220118_192725.thumb.jpg.8f45cf39a3910896ad1946064408a146.jpg

This was my first shitty effort. I'm not even trying. I'll be behind the bench by the end of the game.