K-State at Texas -- LHN 7:30pm CT -- Tues Jan. 18th

LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

to early to say what we're on track for. as of now it looks like we're going to finish below .500 in the league, and that will have us in an 8/9 or a 7/10 type game (as the 10). this team lacks athletes and shooters. we need guys like Carr and Disu to really step up and claim more dominant roles if we're going to turn this thing around. it's just hard when nobody really has a defined role. 

do you think they were a top 20 roster at the start of the season?  people had them at 5(which I agree was too high) mainly because of the combination of Beard and the roster.

we are staring at top 35-40.

Beards offense basically is nobody having a defined role other than big and small(ball handler). We should be 5-1 right now.  I think we will end at 7-11, maybe 8-10 if we are lucky.  we aren't going to get the calls we got tonight against the better teams or on the road.  do we make the tourney at 7-11?

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we still don't know how much of this is on Beard, and how much of this is due to the fact that we assembled this team essentially overnight, and none of these guys know how to play together. so many new faces, all of whom are used to playing a bigger, more focal point type role than they're playing, now finding themselves in different roles surrounded by new faces running a new system in a new conference. yeah, we kinda suck right about now, but that doesn't mean that we are a finished product, or that this is our ceiling, or that Beard sucks. he's been coaching here for all of three months. why don't we chill the F out, remember that we're playing with house money, and hope to see some much needed improvement. 

There is zero chemistry/cohesion with this group. Every game they look like a random team that got matched up at Gregory, and I doubt this team is any better today than it was a month ago. Its gonna be February soon, so they may just never gel. I'll judge Beard by how he recruits and builds the roster/program over the next couple of years. While the results so far this year are shit, this is the same guy that took Tech to the championship game. If Adams starts schooling us year in year out at Tech, I'll re-evaluate. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I was at the game and haven't read through the entire thread.  Two things I keep wondering:

1) why didn't Disu play more?

2) why did Licon play 4 minutes in the first half?  KState immediately went at him and got an easy look at the rim and then stuck a three when he didn't close out.  They just gave away 5 points.  Points in the first half count the same as points in the second half.

7 hours ago, someguy said:

I was at the game and haven't read through the entire thread.  Two things I keep wondering:

1) why didn't Disu play more?

2) why did Licon play 4 minutes in the first half?  KState immediately went at him and got an easy look at the rim and then stuck a three when he didn't close out.  They just gave away 5 points.  Points in the first half count the same as points in the second half.

Maybe because none of our guards could defend them.

They drove past us all night and got no help inside.

Over half of K-States points were layups.

Yuck.  Didn't get to watch much of this game due to family issues, but talk this morning was criticism of rotations of guards.

Not many games where more than one guard plays well.  Carr finally goes off and AJ and Ramey suck. 

During the radio broadcast, Eddie seemed really frustrated with both Ramey and AJ.  At one point, Eddie remarked that AJ was forcing shots instead of letting the game come to him.  Sure hope Beard can get this team playing better together and more aggressively on offense soon. 

I still think their offense needs to have more of a sense of urgency earlier in the shot clock to help them get better shots.  They waste too much time on offense with no purpose towards scoring.  The results are often either more sloppy play and turnovers, or a lot more poor shots late in the shot clock.  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I still think their offense needs to have more of a sense of urgency earlier in the shot clock to help them get better shots.  They waste too much time on offense with no purpose towards scoring.  The results are often either more sloppy play and turnovers, or a lot more poor shots late in the shot clock.  

Coaches come and go, but that is becoming the hallmark of Texas basketball. 

• Like 1

I hope someone asks Beard about Disu’s ankle. If Disu was healthy, Beard’s refusal to play him is what lost us this game. He’s the only guy on our roster who can offer any sort of consistent rim protection and rebounding. Mitchell was getting torn up on the boards in the first half and offers 0 rim protection. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Licon should never play. They abused him the second he was in there and cut the lead down from like 7 points to 2.

agreed and Brock should only see the floor in a pinch(give someone a 2 minute breather).  Is Febres hurt or is he that bad?

If Carr doesn't go J'Covan Brown the last 10 minutes its a blowout.