2022 Transfer WR Isaiah Neyor

Teryor

3 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Since spring classes have already started, I assume he is a summer arrival?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do you even add/drop period, bro?

Yep there’s a couple weeks of leeway. I think early Feb is the drop dead date to enroll. He fine. His tweet said “signed” so I assume he signed his paperwork and started enrolling and choosing classes today. 

DAMN:  6-foot-3, 212-pound, caught 44 passes for 878 yards and 12 touchdowns this past season, and claims to have been timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash.   He has three remaining seasons of eligibility.

Four-star Wyoming WR transfer flips from Tennessee to Texas

ByRYAN CALLAHAN 72 minutes ago

After committing to Tennessee less than two weeks ago, Isaiah Neyor took an official visit to Knoxville last weekend and was expected to join the Vols by this weekend to begin spring-semester classes on Monday. Instead, he's now headed to another Power Five school.

Neyor, a four-star Wyoming wide receiver transfer, announced Thursday that he has committed to Texas, flipping from Tennessee to the home-state Longhorns. He arrived in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday for a previously unscheduled visit after also traveling to Ole Miss last week ahead of his official visit with the Vols last weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 212-pound Neyor simply tweeted, "Signed, let’s get it! #hookem," along with a commitment graphic featuring a picture of him posing in a white Texas jersey.

He initially chose Tennessee over Southern Cal and Texas on Jan. 8 coming off a midweek official visit to USC. He originally had planned to take official visits to Texas the weekend of Jan. 14 and Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 21 before making his commitment to the Vols. But he committed to them at the time despite never having visited Tennessee's campus.

Neyor told GoVols247 on Sunday that his visit to Tennessee “definitely helped a lot.” He said at the time that he was “definitely” still committed to the Vols, but he still had some thinking to do before making his final decision and enrolling at the school of his choice.

He said Sunday that his trip to Tennessee was “my last visit,” adding that he has “taken the visits I needed to take.” But he ended up traveling to Texas on Wednesday.

The former two-star prospect from Lamar High School in Arlington, Texas, is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 31 overall transfer and No. 4 transfer wide receiver for the 2022 cycle. Neyor caught 44 passes for 878 yards and 12 touchdowns this season as a redshirt sophomore at Wyoming. He claims to have been timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, and he has three remaining seasons of eligibility.

When Neyor initially announced his decision more than a week ago, he said it was based on his research into Tennessee’s program and coach Josh Heupel’s high-scoring offense.

“Did some research on the head coach and their history of what they’ve done at other colleges,” Neyor said Sunday. “Coach Heupel’s had a good resume, and the receivers coach (Kodi Burns), as far as development. Did a lot of research, and I liked what I saw from them. That’s why I made my decision.”

But it turned out not to be his final decision. Tennessee now is left with only one scholarship transfer for the 2022 cycle — former Florida offensive lineman Gerald Mincey — and is likely to continue searching for wide-receiver options in the NCAA transfer portal in hopes of replacing Velus Jones Jr. and JaVonta Payton, the Vols' two senior starters at wide receiver during the 2021 season.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

what a great add.  and, by looking at highlights, seems like former Wyoming QB Levi Williams has got something.  now he's an Aggie.  Utah State Aggie.  but he threw some nice passes to Neyor.

even NFL draft expert Rick "Goose" Gosselin is high on Levi.

Dude was probably the best QB to ever come out of Smithson Valley HS. UTSA fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Most on Volnation are pretty cool about it stating that he's from the state of Texas, so there's a homefield advantage.

That being said, one poster calked Neyor a redneck.  Lulz.

Also it's funny how we're "dirty" and buying players".  And that's coming from a school that is currently being investigated by the NCAA.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Also it's funny how we're "dirty" and buying players".  And that's coming from a school that is currently being investigated by the NCAA.

Yeah and I'm sure Tennessee played the Walter Nolen recruitment totally clean...

FWIW, Neyor PFF Receiving rank/rating relative to some noteworthy names:

• #2 Jaxon Smith-Njigba, OSU (91.9)
  • #8 Jacob Cowing, UTEP->Arizona (90.0)
  • #13 Jordan Addison, Pitt (88.3)
  • #19 Isaiah Neyor, Wyoming->UT (85.5)🤘
  • #21 Jameson Williams, Bama (85.1)
  • #25 Garrett Wilson, OSU (84.5)
  • #52 Xavier Worthy, UT (80.3) 🤘
  • #57 Mario Williams, OU->USC (79.2)
  • #59 Charleston Rambo, Miami (78.8)
  • #69 Konata Mumpfield, Akron->Pitt (78.2)
  • #87 Quentin Johnson, TCU (76.4)
  • #95 Jordan Whittingon, UT (75.7)🤘
  • #100 Marvin Mims, OU (75.4)
  • #172 Ainias Smith, highest rated A&M WR (70.8)
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

FWIW, Neyor PFF Receiving rank/rating relative to some noteworthy names:

• #2 Jaxon Smith-Njigba, OSU (91.9)
  • #8 Jacob Cowing, UTEP->Arizona (90.0)
  • #13 Jordan Addison, Pitt (88.3)
  • #19 Isaiah Neyor, Wyoming->UT (85.5)🤘
  • #21 Jameson Williams, Bama (85.1)
  • #25 Garrett Wilson, OSU (84.5)
  • #52 Xavier Worthy, UT (80.3) 🤘
  • #57 Mario Williams, OU->USC (79.2)
  • #59 Charleston Rambo, Miami (78.8)
  • #69 Konata Mumpfield, Akron->Pitt (78.2)
  • #87 Quentin Johnson, TCU (76.4)
  • #95 Jordan Whittingon, UT (75.7)🤘
  • #100 Marvin Mims, OU (75.4)
  • #172 Ainias Smith, highest rated A&M WR (70.8)

That is gruntling data.

Wish the staff would have pushed more for Jacob Cowing, but AZ makes sense because he went to high school in Maricopa. 

Coach's Take: Longhorns getting a high ceiling in Isaiah Neyor

Texas struck gold in the portal today landing Wyoming's Isaiah Neyor.

Neyor went off last season for the Cowboys accumulating 44 catches for 878 yards and 12 touchdowns. What does he bring to Austin? A skillset unlike anything currently on the roster. With a huge frame at 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, Neyor can stretch the field vertically and has the ball skills to be an elite aerial threat. Neyor can also utilize surprising quickness for his size to take a screen pass for a big gain.

How did a player of his ability slip through the cracks and end up at Wyoming? Neyor didn't really see the field until late in his high school career at Arlington Lamar. His former head coach Laban DeLay was at Lamar when Neyor transferred in. He told 247Sports that the transfer rules in Texas kept him under the radar.

“He got overlooked,” DeLay said. “He came to us from a charter school in Arlington. He moved down from Minnesota, and then, whenever he came to Arlington, he didn’t come to my high school immediately. So whenever he did come to me, at the end of his sophomore year, he had to wait 365 (days).

“Our (University Interscholarstic League) rules say that you’re not eligible for varsity competition unless you’ve been in attendance in that school for one calendar year, so he actually played JV for us as a junior. … But, obviously, you can imagine he tore up every JV (team) that we played, along with our varsity defense as a scout-team player.

“And then his senior year we just had limited film on him, and then we also had Trevon West, who’s at (Oklahoma) right now. And then we had another wideout, (Stephen F. Austin freshman) Cam Brady.

“He got overlooked a little bit. But whenever Wyoming came through, I told Coach (Mike) Bath, I said, ‘People are overlooking this guy, and he’s a diamond in the rough.’ Wyoming took the chance, and the rest is kind of history now.”

DeLay has seen his fair share of talent during his coaching career. With former players such as Shane Buechele (Texas/SMU), Chris Owens (Alabama) and Bobby Brown (Texas A&M) on his resume, DeLay said he sees an enormous ceiling for Neyor's development.

“He’s a big target,” said DeLay, who’s now the head coach at South Grand Prairie (Texas) High School. “He can run. Wyoming, from my understanding, they have had a really good strength and conditioning program, so Isaiah came over to my house a couple weeks ago, and you can tell that he’s thickened up. He’s increased his speed. He’s always been able to jump out of the gym. He’s always had a really good vertical, so I think that the potential for him to grow is still there.

“And I think that’s probably one reason why he went into the portal, is that Wyoming’s offense wasn’t really — his dream is to go to the NFL, or to have a shot. And Wyoming, that type of offense wasn’t really going to give him the opportunity to grow like that.

“As he was looking around, that’s one thing that he really considered, is who the wide receiver coaches are and what type of system, and what type of history or success that system has had.

“I still think that there’s a lot of potential and a lot of upside for Isaiah still.”

DeLay's quotes were collected Ryan Callahan of GoVols247

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Isaiah-Neyor-Wyoming-Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-coachs-take-Laban-Delay-Arlington-Lamar-Head-Coach-181050141/

• Hook 'Em 8