2022 NBA Draft

Mitch Cumsteen

"underrated passer"

Hey newsflash, ESPN, you are running this entire show. You can rate him however you choose as a passer. I have no idea what the general consensus is on his passing ability. Do you mean, he's a good passer for his position? 

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't mind that pick for Cleveland. He's going to be solid and is a good fit on that club. If he were younger then he probably goes earlier in this draft. Some guys just take longer to develop. Maybe there's a little too much bias against them? 

I think he'll be decent. Taking undersized 4-year guards always makes me nervous, though. There are usually potential all-stars still lurking in the mid 1st. I'd take someone like AJ before him. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Rockets having a really good night. Eason and Smith is a great switching big combo. They are going to be really versatile on defense. 

Like the Texas defense, nowhere to go but up. Feel much better about the defense with Smith and Eason replacing Wood and Tate.

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

I like what Detroit is building. I think Isaiah Stewart is also pretty good and JUST turned 21. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him average 12 boards a game in a few years.

Saddiq can play, too. They turned into a tough out in the last stretch of last season. They could win 30ish games next year. 

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

In my five minutes of exhaustive Internet research, that dude Okie City traded for tore it up in the back half of his one season in the Australian league and that’s one of the better international leagues.  (Lamelo Ball and Josh Giddey both played there.)

I thought he played in the kiwi league. 

50 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't mind that pick for Cleveland. He's going to be solid and is a good fit on that club. If he were younger then he probably goes earlier in this draft. Some guys just take longer to develop. Maybe there's a little too much bias against them? 

Would have preferred Branham if they were going that route.  Agbji?  Blech.  I'm sure he'll make a fine 7th man on the roster and I look forward to another season of other teams shooting right over our diminutive guards.

OKC fucked over Cleveland - the Cavs would have taken either Dieng or Jalen williams but nope.

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought he played in the kiwi league. 

NBL league.  I know very little about it other than it's a legit league.  Teams from Australia and NZ.

The back half of the season for him was like 15 games or something so it's not like a big sample size.  Although, if he did that in college everyone would talking him up and the Australian league is worlds better than US college basketball.

Ivey to Detroit.  That takes them out of the running for Sexton and they can focus all the cap space on Ayton & Bridges.
Suddenly, a 
Cade
Ivey
Bey
Bridges
Ayton
lineup is at least...interesting.

Yeah I am pretty stoked. I saw a dude the other day predicted Detroit would trade back into the lottery for Duren and then use him in a sign and trade to get Ayton. He got the first half of that right.

They should at least be entertaining next year with a young core.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

At first glance, Okie City gave up a lot.  "Multiple first round picks."  But then again, maybe not.  Bunch of protected picks that might never materialize.  

Even if all of those become unprotected OKC still has like 59 first rounders the next 5 years. 

They seem to be entering win-now mode, though. We'll see if Presti is capable of fucking it up again. If there's even anything to fuck up - KD isn't walking through the door. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Even if all of those become unprotected OKC still has like 59 first rounders the next 5 years. 

They seem to be entering win-now mode, though. We'll see if Presti is capable of fucking it up again. If there's even anything to fuck up - KD isn't walking through the door. 

Yes, Presti fucked up so much that Kevin Durant walked, they got nothing in return, and they still won 45 games the next season.  Absolutely no one thought James Harden would be as good as he would be and even then, do we honestly think Harden was staying in OKC to come off the bench knowing what we know now?

Presti's main fault at the time was valuing defensive versatility at the expense of offense.  They had great defensive players who had literally zero offensive skills. Durant, Westbrook, and whoever were having to score 100 points by themselves.  He was a master at managing star contracts and getting value when they were traded.  

Presti didn't hit on 100% of his deals but no GM does that.  If Presti decided to leave OKC, literally every team in the league would be money whipping him.

But yes, Presti is overrated and fucked everything up.  Durant is at Brooklyn and they're not winning shit there, either.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yes, Presti fucked up so much that Kevin Durant walked, they got nothing in return, and they still won 45 games the next season.  Absolutely no one thought James Harden would be as good as he would be and even then, do we honestly think Harden was staying in OKC to come off the bench knowing what we know now?

Presti's main fault at the time was valuing defensive versatility at the expense of offense.  They had great defensive players who had literally zero offensive skills. Durant, Westbrook, and whoever were having to score 100 points by themselves.  He was a master at managing star contracts and getting value when they were traded.  

Presti didn't hit on 100% of his deals but no GM does that.  If Presti decided to leave OKC, literally every team in the league would be money whipping him.

But yes, Presti is overrated and fucked everything up.  Durant is at Brooklyn and they're not winning shit there, either.

Okay, cool. Have a nice night. 

30 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Jovic is my new favorite from this class.

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of course Miami gets that dude. He's going to be dropping 20/5/5 games in the playoffs in 2 seasons. 

Yeah, thought Spurs might take Jovic at #25

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

OKC picks 2 guys with the same name…is that a first?

No racist but I think every black family 20 years ago named their kids Jalen.  The Eagles at one point had 4 or 5 players all with the name Jalen.  

You can thank Jalen Rose.

• Hook 'Em 1