2022 NBA Draft

Mitch Cumsteen

15 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Chet will be another overpaid big like Porzingis is my thoughts. 

Doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with elite guards. Over powered by most bigs. Guys 4 inches smaller can keep up with him enough on the other end even if he stays healthy.

Yeah... Chet seems overrated and with that body may not last more than 6-8yrs in the NBA

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

No racist but I think every black family 20 years ago named their kids Jalen.  The Eagles at one point had 4 or 5 players all with the name Jalen.  

You can thank Jalen Rose.

It isn't racist at all. It's definitely a thing and it's hilarious. 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Chet will be another overpaid big like Porzingis is my thoughts. 

Doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with elite guards. Over powered by most bigs. Guys 4 inches smaller can keep up with him enough on the other end even if he stays healthy.

he's been awesome against his peers at every level, and exhibition or not, he embarrassed Steph Curry more than two years ago with Steph's own move. for a kid his age and size, that was dammed impressive, on multiple levels.

My opinion- people see a rail-thin white guy and assume he can't cut it. they all reference his weight. many of these same people scoffed when pundits said that KD was too frail and would get pushed around.

Chet Holmgren is not a sure fire all star, but he's talented, he's smart, and he doesn't attract stupid and vain attention to himself. people should be rooting for him, not expecting him to fail. 

He definitely has an All Star ceiling, and if he's shooting 40% from three (totally feasible) and blocking 1.5-2 shots per game (totally feasible) then he'll be a good player for a really long time. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

he's been awesome against his peers at every level, and exhibition or not, he embarrassed Steph Curry more than two years ago with Steph's own move. for a kid his age and size, that was dammed impressive, on multiple levels.
My opinion- people see a rail-thin white guy and assume he can't cut it. they all reference his weight. many of these same people scoffed when pundits said that KD was too frail and would get pushed around.
Chet Holmgren is not a sure fire all star, but he's talented, he's smart, and he doesn't attract stupid and vain attention to himself. people should be rooting for him, not expecting him to fail. 
He definitely has an All Star ceiling, and if he's shooting 40% from three (totally feasible) and blocking 1.5-2 shots per game (totally feasible) then he'll be a good player for a really long time. 

Guys taken #2 overall better be “sure-fire” all-stars at some point or they’re blown picks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 10:26 PM, Michael Knight said:

Anyone who drafts this motherfucking Canadian who didn't play a single minute at Kentucky in the top 5 deserves to get fucked. He is why perennial lottery teams stay in the lottery.

Oh look who's out the rest of summer league after not playing basketball for 2 years. Get fucked Portland idiots, his NBA career is 6 minutes 2 pts on 33% shooting 

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 11:39 PM, C-Man said:

Guys taken #2 overall better be “sure-fire” all-stars at some point or they’re blown picks.

Since 2000, 7 of 22 number two overall picks have made one all star game. Since 1990, 12 have made it. You can be a really really good player and not make all star teams. Especially in a small market since the team is voted on by the public. 

1 hour ago, ocugolf said:

Since 2000, 7 of 22 number two overall picks have made one all star game. Since 1990, 12 have made it. You can be a really really good player and not make all star teams. Especially in a small market since the team is voted on by the public. 

Sure. But what I'm saying is if you want to be a championship-caliber team you best get at least a consistent All-Star player at the #2 spot at a far better clip than that.

(This is a separate rant but the one-and-dones have probably led to more misses in that teams have less time to evaluate players than they used to when they'd spend 3+ years in college if they didn't jump straight from HS.)

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Sure. But what I'm saying is if you want to be a championship-caliber team you best get at least a consistent All-Star player at the #2 spot at a far better clip than that.

(This is a separate rant but the one-and-dones have probably led to more misses in that teams have less time to evaluate players than they used to when they'd spend 3+ years in college if they didn't jump straight from HS.)

Agree on small market teams. They have to hit if they make it high up in the lottery. Places like LA, Miami, NY, etc. can build teams through free agency.

Not a lot of people lining up to play in Sacramento, Salt Lake City, OKC, San Antonio, Memphis, Milwaukee, Detroit, Orlando, or Charlotte. Can bring FAs in to those markets if you’ve hit on your high picks/contend.

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Message Board User said:

This is my guy - praying he lasts until 14 but I just think he's going to fly up the draft boards over the next 6 weeks.

On 4/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, Message Board User said:

If the Cavs stay at 14, Eason is the guy I pray they take if available.  In fact, I'd offer up Okoro and maybe both 2nd rounders (the Cavs have 2 this year) to move up a couple spots to 10 or so just to make sure.  He doesn't facilitate and handle the ball as well as Scottie Barnes but he's already a better shooter and can be a witch on defense.  Looking at his body of work I'm really surprised to see him mocked as low as 20 but I hope that's the case that he's still around in the late lotto.

I'm right so infrequently that I have to highlight the times that it actually happens.

But Eason looks like the truth in Houston.

As it turns out, it didn't really matter if the Cavs had drafted him as he would have been on his way to Utah in the Donovan Mitchell.  But he looks like a future star and Houston has something interesting cooking.