Texas vs Oklahoma State @ 1 pm on ESPN2

SDG

I like askew… he’s already a plus on defense and as a ball handler … he’ll be a decent (not great probably) scorer, but not this year

Just because he’s not a nba draft pick now doesn’t mean he won’t be a decent offensive player down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

OSU idiocy for getting out of the zone. This offense is screwed against any defense but is especially clueless with a zone. 

I'm not sure it is going to matter either way, which is kind of your point.

he probably moved out of it just to keep us off balance.  my guess is he comes out with man at half and then switches to zone pretty quick.

3 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

I like askew… he’s already a plus on defense and as a ball handler … he’ll be a decent (not great probably) scorer, but not this year

Just because he’s not a nba draft pick now doesn’t mean he won’t be a decent offensive player down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's not that good of a ball handler.  he does play excellent defense.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

They just seem to dance around on offense, not sure what to do -- frustrating as hell  !!!

Well, they have no effective low post strategy. Nobody attacks the basket off the dribble. There's no back door cuts.

If you don't have any of those, it's going to be a chuck it offense, which is what Texas has. People complain about the clankers, but my bigger complaint is that players can't hesitate when they have the shot, even if they're clanking, because this offense has no good way to get people shots in the paint. 

What they can't afford to do is turn the ball over. When this team is at its best, it's getting good looks at the basket and firing shots up. When it's at its absolute worst on both ends of the floor is when the team is consistently handing the ball to the opponent without even attempting a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Timmy is off today

That bums me out, too, because that's one of the things I'd like to see more of. Have Mitchell show effectiveness from three point line. Use him to spread the floor. Get Allen the ball in the low block and let him go to work on a mismatch. But he traveled and then was pulled from the floor. Oh well.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Want to post a positive...

Texas up 29 - 27

Whatever its faults, this is a tough and resilient team. I have faith good things are going to happen. This OSU team just beat Baylor in Waco. Doesn't mean we can't be frustrated, but there are good things happening in this game as well.

Just now, SL Xpress said:

I refuse to believe that. I'll hold out hope up to Selection Sunday. Even a losing record in this conference has a chance. But .500 is practically a sure thing.

well sure we will all hold out hope.  we can't beat KSU or Ok State at home after having decent sized leads.  they are unathletic and poorly coached on the offensive end.

it is what it is.  maybe that guard that is coming in next year will help.