2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

Preseason Awards: 

Player of the Year: Jace Jung (Texas Tech)

Pitcher of the Year: Pete Hansen (Texas)

Newcomer of the Year: Victor Mederos (Oklahoma State)

Freshman of the Year: Roc Riggio (Oklahoma State)

All-Conference Team:

C Silas Ardoin (Texas)

INF Peyton Graham (Oklahoma)

INF Brayden Taylor (TCU)

INF Mitchell Daly (Texas)

INF Trey Faltine (Texas)

INF Jace Jung (Texas Tech)

OF Jared McKenzie (Baylor)

OF Dylan Phillips (Kansas State)

OF Austin Davis (West Virginia)

DH Ivan Melendez (Texas)

UT Nolan McLean (Oklahoma State)

UT Jake Thompson (Oklahoma State)

SP Justin Campbell (Oklahoma State)

SP Austin Krob (TCU)

SP Pete Hansen (Texas)

SP Tristan Stevens (Texas)

RP Aaron Nixon (Texas)

RP Jacob Waters (West Virginia)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Horny Bull said:

I don’t believe you can vote for your own team, so Pierce had to vote for someone else.

Correct.  Coaches can't vote for their own team, so Pierce votes for OSU.  That is considered unanimous. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

Friday-Sunday (2/18-2/20):

Oklahoma State @ Vanderbilt

Rice @ Texas

Maryland @ Baylor

Kansas @ Illinois (Corpus Christi)

Baseball at the Beach:

West Virginia (vs Central Michigan (2), vs Kent State, vs Coastal Carolina)

MLB4 Tournament:

TCU (vs San Diego State, vs Cal, vs Houston)

State Farm College Baseball Showdown:

Oklahoma (vs Auburn, vs Arizona, vs Michigan)

Kansas State (vs Arizona, vs Michigan, vs Auburn)

Texas Tech (vs Michigan, vs Auburn, vs Arizona)

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Not B12, but noteworthy.  I was going through some of the different weekend series and one stood out: LSU.  Did yall see they are hosting MAINE?????  No way Maine has held an outdoor practice yet.  Thats very aggy of them. 

Back is Gus's days we played Maine a number of times.  They used to have a pretty decent program.  I think they even got sent down here for a Regional a time or two, but I might be making that up in my head.

34 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Back is Gus's days we played Maine a number of times.  They used to have a pretty decent program.  I think they even got sent down here for a Regional a time or two, but I might be making that up in my head.

With a wiki search you are correct.  And they have been to the CWS more than aggy which is hilarious. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

That was my first thought to upon seeing Maine playing baseball. 

30 minutes ago, markstanco said:

With a wiki search you are correct.  And they have been to the CWS more than aggy which is hilarious. 

And then you confirm it. And then you make me laugh my ass off early in the morning.  Still not surprised though. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Not B12, but noteworthy.  I was going through some of the different weekend series and one stood out: LSU.  Did yall see they are hosting MAINE?????  No way Maine has held an outdoor practice yet.  Thats very aggy of them. 

Aggy is hosting Fordham (NYC's NCAA team) this weekend.  Which is very aggy of them.

They obviously wanted no part of Houlihan Park, less than a mile from the Bronx Zoo:

DbVTZ99XUAEs9BH?format=jpg&name=large

12 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

They went to the CWS a bunch of times in the 70s and 80s.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, 'stache said:

This ump sucks shit. Our pitching does too. Also, VandyBoys seems a little lame for a program I view as quite dominant.

VandyBoys is beyond lame. You’re a fucking baseball powerhouse. Not a Broadway tap dancing group. Just incredibly weak shit

I'll murder anyone who keeps using OmaHorns of comes up with some ridiculous nickname for us. We’re The University of Texas. Enough said 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

VandyBoys is beyond lame. You’re a fucking baseball powerhouse. Not a Broadway tap dancing group. Just incredibly weak shit

I'll murder anyone who keeps using OmaHorns of comes up with some ridiculous nickname for us. We’re The University of Texas. Enough said 

Someone in another thread had an extra University of Texas at Omaha shirt if you’re interested 

• Haha 1