2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

16 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Tech losing to 6-3 B8 to Grand Canyon University. 

Tech losing 9-3 to Grand Canyon now… Tech always overrated and underachieving.. How does THE Texas Tech baseball program lead by the great Tim Tadlock lose to Grand Canyon? 

Did I Texas Tech fan Twitter right?

37 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Tech losing 9-3 to Grand Canyon now… Tech always overrated and underachieving.. How does THE Texas Tech baseball program lead by the great Tim Tadlock lose to Grand Canyon? 

Did I Texas Tech fan Twitter right?

They lost 9-4. Clearly nothing but underachieving and being overrated goes on in Lubbock. Because this thing that just happened right this minute.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Grand Canyon has a solid program,  currently #33 RPI.    They are in the WAC,  play non conf against the Calif schools,  good program.

Tech has another game against them tonight which should help Tech's RPI since they are playing in Arizona.

If Pierce is going to play his starters all game,  he should schedule them instead of UTRGV.     

Tuesday (4/5):

Kansas State 7

Creighton 5

Oklahoma State 5

Wichita State 3

Dallas Baptist 11

Baylor 6

Texas 13

UTRGV 5

Oklahoma 8

Oral Roberts 2

TCU 10

UT Arlington 2

Grand Canyon 9

Texas Tech 4

Wednesday (4/6):

Texas Tech @ Grand Canyon

Marshall @ West Virginia

Kansas @ Missouri

12 hours ago, torre said:

Grand Canyon has a solid program,  currently #33 RPI.    They are in the WAC,  play non conf against the Calif schools,  good program.

Tech has another game against them tonight which should help Tech's RPI since they are playing in Arizona.

If Pierce is going to play his starters all game,  he should schedule them instead of UTRGV.     

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Tech drops both games to Grand Canyon.  

Austin Powers No GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why do you have such a hardon for Tech?

Did you watch Jace Jung after he hit the first inning HR in game 1 of our series?

Plenty of reason to cheer Tech getting punked by a junior college.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Did you watch Jace Jung after he hit the first inning HR in game 1 of our series?

Stupid emotion of college baseball…

40 minutes ago, slorch said:

Stupid emotion of college baseball…

There’s emotion and then there’s pure douchebag.  What Jace did was pure douchebag.

Relax though, I’ve been critical of a handful of our players’ douchebaggery.

‘Looking at you Faltine.

• Haha 1

Here’s how it went down last night according to texastech.com

Tech (24-8) entered the top of the ninth trailing 8-2 and fought valiantly, manufacturing five runs from three hits and two errors. Parker Kelly represented the tying run at the plate, but down to two outs and no one aboard after the first seven batters helped score five runs. He powered a ball off the left-field fence, no more than five feet from clearing it, to potentially tie the game, but it bounced off the wall and he was thrown out at second base to end the game.

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Here’s how it went down last night according to texastech.com

Tech (24-8) entered the top of the ninth trailing 8-2 and fought valiantly, manufacturing five runs from three hits and two errors. Parker Kelly represented the tying run at the plate, but down to two outs and no one aboard after the first seven batters helped score five runs. He powered a ball off the left-field fence, no more than five feet from clearing it, to potentially tie the game, but it bounced off the wall and he was thrown out at second base to end the game.

Sounds like they just ran out of innings. 

Wait what school are we talking about? 

4 hours ago, Cajun said:

Just to be clear I don't think chase25 or I really care if Tech loses to GC. We were just making fun of some of their fans.

Edited by Valmy77

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

There’s emotion and then there’s pure douchebag.  What Jace did was pure douchebag.

Relax though, I’ve been critical of a handful of our players’ douchebaggery.

‘Looking at you Faltine.

meh.  I'm willing to bet it wasn't unprovoked.  He's not generally that guy.

Either way... score more runs.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Either way... score more runs.

Meh. We are a conference rival. Nothing wrong with having some attitude against us. Even if it was unprovoked. Our guys are big boys, they can take his shit.

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Just to be clear I don't think chase25 or I really care if Tech loses to GC. We were just making fun of some of their fans.

It’s all of the above for me. They are slowly creeping up on aggy levels of delusion for me. Most of their fans discovered college baseball in 2014 and they talk as if they are royalty

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Meh. We are a conference rival. Nothing wrong with having some attitude against us. Even if it was unprovoked. Our guys are big boys, they can take his shit.

and that's how it should be.

Evidently some fans are still gruntled...

48 minutes ago, chase25 said:

It’s all of the above for me. They are slowly creeping up on aggy levels of delusion for me. Most of their fans discovered college baseball in 2014 and they talk as if they are royalty

Heaven forbid someone be proud of their program.  Fuck the aggy comparisons.

48 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Tech really seems to have amped up the venom in the past year.  Is it all because of Beard?

The beard hire definitely put more fuel to the fire for tech fans. I don’t know why but before it was a Texas vs tech thing, now it seems like tech fans are front row in anything involving Texas failing. 

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

If it is a situation where Tech fans are talking baseball program smack to Texas fans, the aggy delusion comparison is appropriate.

Meh. We won the series this season. It is what it is. 

Texas dramatically owns the series and all time accolades.   Fuck Texas A&M. Really.  Fuck those putos. 

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Meh. We won the series this season. It is what it is. 

This is why you're eliciting aggy comparisons. Same with the basketball season. You have a bunch of fans defining success based on whether you beat Texas or not. Last baseball season Tech won the series and then watched Texas win the B12 and almost win a national championship. So, congrats? No Longhorn baseball fan is thinking "I can't BELIEVE we lost the season baseball series to Tech again! This ruins everything!" it's more along the lines of "holy fuck can our freshman AA closer throw a fucking strike and not give up a steal of fucking home base so we can get back to Omaha?".

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Tech really seems to have amped up the venom in the past year.  Is it all because of Beard?

Beard to a degree, but the imminent move is more to blame IMO. Their rivals have left or are leaving. No matter how the B12 may fare regarding conference strength going forward, trading annual games with aggy, Texas and OU for BYU, Cincy and Central Florida is a real kick in the nuts no matter how you slice it. TCU s your biggest conference rival? From competing to be on par with blue bloods to competing to be on par with SMU. I'd get pretty pissy about it too.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Beard to a degree, but the imminent move is more to blame IMO. Their rivals have left or are leaving. No matter how the B12 may fare regarding conference strength going forward, trading annual games with aggy, Texas and OU for BYU, Cincy and Central Florida is a real kick in the nuts no matter how you slice it. TCU s your biggest conference rival? From competing to be on par with blue bloods to competing to be on par with SMU. I'd get pretty pissy about it too.

Yeah if any of the left behind schools want to hate Texas or OU I get it man. They got screwed.

Though fuck Baylor. 

7 hours ago, slorch said:

I’m all for giving that benefit of the doubt provided the exact same benefit is given to posters here being a bit salty over what he did running those bases.  

Sure,sure, emotion of the game, yada yada.  Well, emotion of the memory.  

Cuts both ways.  My only point.

I don’t know…fan bases have had decades to earn their reputations.  There’s been articles like ‘what beer defines each school’ since the Big 8 became the BigXII.  If anything, Texas/OU leaving is just an excuse for the more hardcore dumbasses to show their true colors.  

I’ve always tried to be realistic where OSU stands in all this, and our tier-2 status is probably cemented with the whole NIL enabling the rich to get richer.   My fellow pokes who whine about the ‘glory days’ of Gary Ward (or Eddie Sutton) just don’t grasp the reality of the current state.  

Outside of the SEC, college baseball is an odd one to hang your douchehat on.  The sport itself lends more parity, and an actual playoff (not to mention double elimination) means a hot hand like Coastal can win it all.  You can climb that mountain and fall off in one series. 

So ultimately, I’m an outsider to the UT/Tech psychology, but their fans being turds seems more like a symptom of their general base than any particular event.  Just like Baylor tasting a little success brings out their canoes to happily roll along the Douche Canal.  Hell Slorch never addressed the ‘musta been provoked…in the first inning of the first game in the series’.  

Pardon the Lobo Post.  I’m not mad or jealous y’all are leaving…I’m mad you’re leaving us with Slorch

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

The whole Tech vs UT hate thing is weird. My sister and my best friend growing up both went to Tech, so I'd visit Lubbock pretty regularly to party, and the folks there would welcome me with open arms to hang with them even when wearing my UT gear --- except when we were playing them. Then they were assholes. It was like manufactured hate. 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

The whole Tech vs UT hate thing is weird. My sister and my best friend growing up both went to Tech, so I'd visit Lubbock pretty regularly to party, and the folks there would welcome me with open arms to hang with them even when wearing my UT gear --- except when we were playing them. Then they were assholes. It was like manufactured hate. 

My biggest problem is they can dish it out but they can’t take it. They talk mad fucking shit then spend years bitching about the Sergio Kindle hit. Idk they’re just fucking pussies when they get punched in the month 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Heaven forbid someone be proud of their program.  Fuck the aggy comparisons.

You can be proud of your program without being a dumb ass. See a lot of stupid takes like Texas under achieves every year in baseball from Tech fans because we hit a rough patch as the preseason #1. Texas has 37 CWS appearances and 6 National Titles. If that’s under achieving every year then what’s the bar?

I’m also not talking to you personally, more just a generalization of Tech fandom that you see on the internet which obviously isn’t a representation of each and every fan. Just has always blown my mind how seemingly all objectivity has been removed from fandom today.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

The whole Tech vs UT hate thing is weird. My sister and my best friend growing up both went to Tech, so I'd visit Lubbock pretty regularly to party, and the folks there would welcome me with open arms to hang with them even when wearing my UT gear --- except when we were playing them. Then they were assholes. It was like manufactured hate

Qft on the bolded.  I sent my oldest daughter to Tech and even she fits that bill.  

It’s really weird.