2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Our bullpen is really struggling. I don’t see it fixing it self soon and certainly not by this weekend. You guys are in a good spot as is TCU.

We have no margin for error. We have three series and TCU has only two. Unless we hit everybody like we hit Baylor it's going to be tough.

Our bullpen is not exactly the national gold standard either.

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

A more realistic ask would be to take 2 of 3 from both OSU and WVU and sweep Kansas.  That would put us at 16-8 and needing a couple of losses from TCU.

I think 15-9 or 14-10 are more likely.

Yeah we all know what is likely. They most likely have to do better than what is likely in order to win the league. 

Tuesday (4/26):

Air Force 18

Kansas 8

Oklahoma State 12

Wichita State 6

Dallas Baptist 6

TCU 5

Nebraska 8

Kansas State 6

Texas 7

UTRGV 2

Baylor 8

Incarnate Word 7

Oral Roberts 5

Oklahoma 1

Abilene Christian 8

Texas Tech 5

Wednesday (4/27):

Kansas @ Air Force

Penn State @ West Virginia

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

OK states Friday guy is as good as anybody.  Odds of a sweep aren’t great but they go up dramatically if we get by him ( as they do in any series, but getti that first win will be tougher than usual)

Yeah, Campbell has been on fire, but the rest of the staff has shown in recent weeks to be a huge drop off from him, hence my concern. Friday should be a great game assuming he starts.

I'm here, nice weekend for our guys, nice to be on top again. Our bullpen is still concerning but I get why you guys are more concerned with yours. Is your staff on the hot seat yet or is last year's run good enough to get them more time?

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm here, nice weekend for our guys, nice to be on top again. Our bullpen is still concerning but I get why you guys are more concerned with yours. Is your staff on the hot seat yet or is last year's run good enough to get them more time?

Pierce just signed a 5 year extension @1.2M per year last Summer.    No idea if he will make staff changes and will likely use the CWS as a basis.

Congrats on a great series !     Though certainly reasons to do so,   I did not see any "Horns Down",  looking into the Texas dugout, or any form of taunting by OKSt.   

Classy team with a classy coach.     Trust me,  Josh could have had the Texas job if he wanted it.     Give him a pay raise.

• Hook 'Em 5

Yeah I’m here.  Watched it on LHN and broke the F5 key on my laptop.  Even posted a few times on OrangePower…*shudder*

Sweeping y’all in baseball or winning a wild football road game against y’all is like proving my wife wrong in front of our friends…walking away, pumping my fists and high-fiving my buddies, but know I’m not getting laid that night.  I think most of us Pokes root for UT as fellow OU-hatin-bros when we aren’t H2H

My wife is a double horn, I was at the Disch when Alaniz threw a no-no against OU in 05, and on school-pride fridays at my kiddos elementary school we take care to alternate between burnt and bright orange for the their shirts.  

We may not have all the titles but we have a pride and history in baseball…my first house in Stillwater was a half-block behind Allie P and the softball field.  The living room floor may have had a hole in it but damnit I could hear the PA from the porch when I was drinking a beer and ashing a joint in the bottlecap.  

Point being…I thought y’all’s bats would whip our pen straight starting about the sixth inning, our situational / 2-out hitting would be tested on the road with RISP, and it’d be a King Kong Mother Fuckin brawl just like G1 played out.  Baseball is the streakiest of sports, and I wanted to win (especially after y’all’s bravado early in the series-thread here)…but:

image.gif.c335fd931aa92065f4fae38113263b5b.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, torre said:

Pierce just signed a 5 year extension @1.2M per year last Summer.    No idea if he will make staff changes and will likely use the CWS as a basis.

Congrats on a great series !     Though certainly reasons to do so,   I did not see any "Horns Down",  looking into the Texas dugout, or any form of taunting by OKSt.   

Classy team with a classy coach.     Trust me,  Josh could have had the Texas job if he wanted it.     Give him a pay raise.

I was surprised to see we only have 6 players from Texas, much lower percentage than football. I’m pretty sure Gundy tells them to avoid horns down but it’s hard with that many players the majority of which are from Texas and probably we’re not recruited by Texas. 

Anyway our next series is against Southeast Missouri State this weekend who it looks like is pretty darn good, top of their conference, top 50 rpi. I’m worried about a letdown like last time we made it to #3 and lost two to TCU. I hate these late OOC series the way I do mid week games against small conference teams. I want a national seed, we need to play big this weekend.

50 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Tuesday (5/3):

Kansas @ Omaha

Wichita State @ Kansas State

Texas Tech @ Abilene Christian

Oklahoma @ Dallas Baptist

Houston Baptist @ Texas

Tarleton @ Baylor

Time to get back on track. I hope Morehouse keeps up the strong outings.

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I was surprised to see we only have 6 players from Texas, much lower percentage than football. I’m pretty sure Gundy tells them to avoid horns down but it’s hard with that many players the majority of which are from Texas and probably we’re not recruited by Texas. 

Anyway our next series is against Southeast Missouri State this weekend who it looks like is pretty darn good, top of their conference, top 50 rpi. I’m worried about a letdown like last time we made it to #3 and lost two to TCU. I hate these late OOC series the way I do mid week games against small conference teams. I want a national seed, we need to play big this weekend.

Yeah and we have DBU mid-week next week.

I look at it as a great opportunity to continue get the RPI tuned up before the big Tech series. We're up to #9 right now, so if we win the SEMU series and beat DBU again, we'll be sitting in a pretty sweet spot ahead of the Tech series.

And yeah getting to host/national seed at O'Brate would be outstanding. That place will be incredible in the post season.