2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

22 hours ago, 'stache said:

Cocky little shit for WVU frog hops third with a tag on him, called safe, Holiday challenges, video clearly shows tag on with him off the bag, announcers agree, umps call him safe. Why have replay if indisputable video evidence isn't enough? The guy scores on the next play on a hit back to the pitcher, throw to first, he's fast and was able to score from third. Same dude (I think might have been another guy) struck out last night but the pitch was called a ball and got a hit the next pitch. Fuck these umps, seriously. The video was absolutely clear. It's like they didn't want to call him on his cockiness. I also now hate WVU baseball and their fans, obnoxious as fuck.

Davis?  Yeah fuck that guy.  Believe he K’d twice today and OSU run-ruled them 13-3 just now.  

We'd have to get pretty fucking hot.  My guess is 16 wins gets you piece of title this year.  What everyone has to do to get there:

UT:   Win 10 of 12:  BU, OSU, @WVU, KU

OSU:  Win 7 of 12:  @UT, TCU, TTU, @BU (probably toughest remaining schedule)

TCU:  Win 6 of 9:  @OSU, OU, @KU

TTU:  Win 9 of 12:  WVU, @BU, @OSU, OU

WVU:  Win 10 of 15: @TTU, @KU, UT, @OU, KSU

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think TCU is in the drivers seat after sweeping Tech. They are supposed to get one of their better pitches (Krob) back at some point in the next month or so and the schedule is manageable as long as they don't get swept in Stillwater. 

It's looking like it will likely come down to the final day or two of the season again.

Edited by Hookem2147

23 hours ago, Homercles said:

Davis?  Yeah fuck that guy.  Believe he K’d twice today and OSU run-ruled them 13-3 just now.  

He also dropped a catch in right and we scored on it. Also broke his 8 or 9 game hitting streak. I’m fine with confidence especially when directed at your own team but he’s flat out cocky and got it back with the run rule game where he in particular played like shit. Fuck wvu.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think TCU is in the drivers seat after sweeping Tech. They are supposed to get one of their better pitches (Krob) back at some point in the next month or so and the schedule is manageable as long as they don't get swept in Stillwater. 

It's looking like it will likely come down to the final day or two of the season again.

Yep but don't sleep on the ability of OU and WVU to play spoiler to one (or more) of the contenders. Glad OSU was able to take both of those series. Neither team is great, but both are capable and can bite you if you don't take care of business. 

On 4/15/2022 at 11:05 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Skip Johnson is in his *5th* season at OU and the “rebuild looks well ahead of schedule”?

Alrighty then.

Can’t believe he’s been there for 5 years and hasn’t had an elite pitching staff his entire time there. How. 2010 me would’ve guessed that in 2022 Skip would be our guy and he’d kickass here. 

20 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

We'd have to get pretty fucking hot.  My guess is 16 wins gets you piece of title this year.  What everyone has to do to get there:

UT:   Win 10 of 12:  BU, OSU, @WVU, KU

OSU:  Win 7 of 12:  @UT, TCU, TTU, @BU (probably toughest remaining schedule)

TCU:  Win 6 of 9:  @OSU, OU, @KU

TTU:  Win 9 of 12:  WVU, @BU, @OSU, OU

WVU:  Win 10 of 15: @TTU, @KU, UT, @OU, KSU

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the remaining schedule. TCU swept us last year, including in the tournament. Tech has had our number and the super regional from 2019 is still in my mind. If we can take two from TCU this weekend, the sky is the limit. If we struggle, it will not bode well for the post-season.

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the remaining schedule. TCU swept us last year, including in the tournament. Tech has had our number and the super regional from 2019 is still in my mind. If we can take two from TCU this weekend, the sky is the limit. If we struggle, it will not bode well for the post-season.

Both our top 10 baseball and softball teams are going to get to prove they deserve their ranking over the next 3-4 weeks.  Tough finishing schedule for both of them 

Edited by Go Pokes

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Rooting for y'all big time this weekend.  Steal this series and this thing is wide open.  

10 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Rooting for y'all big time this weekend.  Steal this series and this thing is wide open.  

TCU is trending up at just the right time of the year.  This weekend's series with the Pokes will answer a lot of questions.

15 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

If that’s free fall, I don’t want to know what getting skullfucked by 12 runs at home to Air Force is.  Probably a free fall joke in there but I’m too pissed to think of it.

I'm also including last week's mid-week loss and the sweep by TCU to make it 5 straight in the L column

Tuesday (4/19):

New Mexico 11

Texas Tech 10

TCU 15

UT Arlington 1

Kansas State 11

Omaha 3

Kansas 7

Texas Southern 6

Oral Roberts 15

Oklahoma State 9

Oklahoma 9

Wichita State 5

Baylor 9

Sam Houston 5

Air Force 14

Texas 2

Wednesday (4/20):

West Virginia @ Pitt

Texas Southern @ Kansas

Air Force @ Texas

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Yeah, I don't remember the last "week long losing streak"

"Maybe these are some of those good losses"  bargaining/ curb jumping...

Do you remember when it was 700+ days for us winning a conference series?    And I'm not talking about covid...  

2022 Baseball Standings
TEAM BIG 12 RECORD PCT. HOME AWAY NEUTRAL STREAK OVERALL RECORD PCT. HOME AWAY NEUTRAL STREAK
Oklahoma State 10-4 .714 6-2 4-2 0-0 L1 27-12 .692 15-6 10-3 2-3 L1
TCU 11-6 .647 7-2 4-4 0-0 W1 26-13 .667 14-4 7-8 5-1 W1
Texas Tech 9-5 .643 7-1 2-4 0-0 W2 29-13 .690 20-1 7-8 2-4 W2
West Virginia 6-5 .545 4-2 2-3 0-0 L3 23-14 .622 11-3 8-9 4-2 L2
Texas 8-6 .571 4-1 2-4 2-1 W3 29-13 .690 17-4 8-7 4-2 W3
Oklahoma 6-5 .545 2-1 3-2 1-2 W2 24-13 .649 14-4 3-2 7-7 W4
Baylor 4-10 .286 3-3 1-7 0-0 L2 20-19 .513 15-8 3-10 2-1 L2
Kansas State 3-9 .250 3-3 0-6 0-0 L1 20-18 .526 15-5 5-10 0-3 L1
Kansas 2-9 .182 1-4 1-5 0-0 L4 16-22 .421 7-6 5-13 4-3 L2
  • Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

is there no way to watch the end of the tcu/ok st game?

It was broadcast on okstate.com as a free broadcast.  Some technical difficulties, but overall a good broadcast.  Good weekend for the Frogs.

Edited by TCU Alum
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

1 game behind OK State going into our series with them. Excellent.

TCU is pretty set up to win it unless we go on a crazy streak though.

Yep.  And their two remaining series are OU and @KU.  Weird shit happens (TCU dropping 2 of 3 in final series in Manhattan last year) but I have hard time seeing them not getting 5 wins out of those 6.  Which gets them to 17. 

To tie, we'd have to go 8-1 in in remaining series of OSU, @WVU and KU.  

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

1 game behind OK State going into our series with them. Excellent.

TCU is pretty set up to win it unless we go on a crazy streak though.

OU probably has to sweep the Frogs for Texas to have a shot. And still dependent on Texas winning every remaining series at a minimum.

• Hook 'Em 2