NBA All Star Weekend 2022

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, WJC88 said:

Agree with your point about how the all star game has changed. I think the NBA has made some changes (each quarter has a winner, Elam ending) that have helped. 

I don't think this video is an accurate picture of the game last night. Steph was in the midst of one of the greatest shooting displays we've ever seen. With each make, he would increase the distance/difficulty of the next shot. After the last make in the video his next attempt was from half court. The standing around in the video is the guys caught up in the moment.  Outside of that I think they gave decent effort. 

After he made a few they started contesting quite a bit.   He made some fucking ridiculous shots

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wouldn't have taken much. I mean i watched a guy lace up some boots for 10 mins then do an incredibly mediocre dunk.

Yeah all the bullshit on the side needs to be cut.  Just go up there and dunk.    I thought Obi's dunks were pretty good he just didnt hit them cleanly.

What I dont really understand is why guys try dunks that they dont hit 9/10 times they try them.    I know dunking in front of a crowd is different than in practice but you cannot convince me that these guys are hitting those most of the time in practice.   That last dunk Toscano-Anderson was trying to do he was not even REMOTELY close to hitting any of the 68907098 times he tried it.

3 hours ago, WJC88 said:

Agree with your point about how the all star game has changed. I think the NBA has made some changes (each quarter has a winner, Elam ending) that have helped. 

I don't think this video is an accurate picture of the game last night. Steph was in the midst of one of the greatest shooting displays we've ever seen. With each make, he would increase the distance/difficulty of the next shot. After the last make in the video his next attempt was from half court. The standing around in the video is the guys caught up in the moment.  Outside of that I think they gave decent effort. 

Wasn't trying to say Steph wasn't hitting crazy shots. Just commenting on the game in general. But I feel like it's been this way for a couple years now. 

There were other highlights I saw - like Dejounte throwing an alley off the backboard - where guys are just standing around the same way. 

I think it needs to go back to East/West. It feels like even in the later years of that there was more pride on the line. The mish-mash pickup-game style doesn't give them anything to play for (especially when one of the captains isn't even playing). 

7 hours ago, d2o said:

Yeah all the bullshit on the side needs to be cut.  Just go up there and dunk.    I thought Obi's dunks were pretty good he just didnt hit them cleanly.

What I dont really understand is why guys try dunks that they dont hit 9/10 times they try them.    I know dunking in front of a crowd is different than in practice but you cannot convince me that these guys are hitting those most of the time in practice.   That last dunk Toscano-Anderson was trying to do he was not even REMOTELY close to hitting any of the 68907098 times he tried it.

I think it just depends on how they feel in the moment. Lavine said he never did his between the legs from free throw line before or after. And he nailed it first try 

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I think it just depends on how they feel in the moment. Lavine said he never did his between the legs from free throw line before or after. And he nailed it first try 

Lets get it established a) he's lying for effect and b) Lavine is a fucking freak of nature.