Anyone else get a call about ticket relocation for 2022?

MaxHorn

UT athletics left me a voice message today concerning “important information about your ticket location” for 2022. I was part of the group that was relocated a couple years ago when they moved the student section, but I was essentially given the same seats on the north end. Anyone know what’s going on this time? The message said to tune in to Delconte’s town hall in early February for more info.

They called yesterday. They are relocating the students to the North - North East End Zone, so my tickets in Section 17 are being relocated to Section 31. This move sucks for me, so I guess I will see what other options are available when its my time to change / update seats in April. 

21 minutes ago, Beef said:

They called yesterday. They are relocating the students to the North - North East End Zone, so my tickets in Section 17 are being relocated to Section 31. This move sucks for me, so I guess I will see what other options are available when its my time to change / update seats in April. 

Did they say why they’re making this change? I mean, it’s obviously revenue optimization but wondering what the spin is?

22 minutes ago, Beef said:

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry you're unhappy, but it looks like I'm moving back to the seats I had in Section 31 for 20 years! No complaints here.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

The problem is that with those seats you also gain access to the club. So everyone with those seats would rather hang out in the club area instead of go back outside. There's the overall problem, but yes FUCKING START WINNING!

Hell man. You're going to get CTJ and Sydney all stirred up again.

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I had season tickets in Section 19 that I never used last year since we sucked. Got the same VM. Is 31 an upgrade?

Most likely, you will have exactly the same seats you have now but on the south end. I was in 31 for years and they moved me a couple years ago because of the new student section, and my new seats were the same row and yard line but on the north side. Even the people around me were in the same spot but flipped. Now I guess I’m moving back to where I used to be. Saw every game Vince and Colt played from those seats, so I’m happy to go back.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MaxHorn said:

Most likely, you will have exactly the same seats you have now but on the south end. I was in 31 for years and they moved me a couple years ago because of the new student section, and my new seats were the same row and yard line but on the north side. Even the people around me were in the same spot but flipped. Now I guess I’m moving back to where I used to be. Saw every game Vince and Colt played from those seats, so I’m happy to go back.

I was on Row 66 of Section 31 for my first 20 years as a season ticket holder, including the aforementioned glory years. Good times….

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/29/2022 at 9:52 AM, Footballpants said:

Did they say why they’re making this change? I mean, it’s obviously revenue optimization but wondering what the spin is?

Maybe getting ready for SEC days?  Seems like I read something last year that SEC requires a certain number of visitor seats at field level, so we can’t have 100% in the upper north deck like we do now.  Maybe using some of section 32 for that like we used to do?  

As someone who sits on the west side and looks down my nose at those of you to the east if you are being moved from the north side of the of the east side to the south side plan on upping your hydration and sunscreen game.  Unless we all of a sudden start pulling night games those 11am but especially any 2-3pm starts that SE corner of the stadium looks like they are getting their asses roasted.  Daughter (no pics) is a frosh and said it was fairly miserable over there a few games this season.  

17 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

We're in 18, which I really like. Wonder why I haven't gotten the call yet

You'll be getting a call soon. Student section is taking over sections 16-thru-26. We got booted from 17 to 31. Sucks. 

Guessing the integration of the student section with high-level money donors in the new south endzone didn't quite work out as planned last season. So this is the solution. Also guessing that they plan to give section 32 to visitors since they are the worst seats in the bottom bowl and SEC rules require that you give at least one lower section to visitors. 

spacer.png

Edited by jwtexan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasdago said:

You're going to melt.  At least you'll hear the band.  We used to be in 130... it was hot as balls over there.

I mean, not likely. The band is going to move with the student section. Guessing they take back their old spot in section 26 from years ago, or stick them in the corner in 19 for better sound. Who knows. Not looking forward to the sunny afternoon games for sure over there. 

59 minutes ago, jwtexan said:

I mean, not likely. The band is going to move with the student section. Guessing they take back their old spot in section 26 from years ago, or stick them in the corner in 19 for better sound. Who knows. Not looking forward to the sunny afternoon games for sure over there. 

Oh, then you're screwed.  But honestly, you're going from the endzone to between the goal lines.  Upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jwtexan said:

You'll be getting a call soon. Student section is taking over sections 16-thru-26. We got booted from 17 to 31. Sucks. 

Guessing the integration of the student section with high-level money donors in the new south endzone didn't quite work out as planned last season. So this is the solution. Also guessing that they plan to give section 32 to visitors since they are the worst seats in the bottom bowl and SEC rules require that you give at least one lower section to visitors. 

spacer.png

That sucks but at least it does a little better job getting students out of the sun. 

2 hours ago, jwtexan said:

I'm hoping we can move to 13, 14, or 15.  I wonder how much $ I would have to donate to get there.  31 with the early season day games will suuuuuuck.  At least previously, you'd be in the shade except for 11 AM starts.

I'm in 27 so not getting moved, but anyone that is getting moved to 31, I would call the foundation now and see how far towards the 50 yard line they will move you or ask for aisle(if you like that)

you might as well use the opportunity to try to better your seats for no donation adder.  there are always open seats and even with the SEC move, 5-7 didn't do them any favors.  I did it when they flipped it last time for the students.

I'm wondering where the sun hits on west side for the lovely 2:30 kicks in the SEC.  I know the cost will go up but it might be worth it.  I'm seeing a ton of 11AM and 2:30PM games in our future.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:38 PM, Surly Bevo said:

As someone who sits on the west side and looks down my nose at those of you to the east if you are being moved from the north side of the of the east side to the south side plan on upping your hydration and sunscreen game.  Unless we all of a sudden start pulling night games those 11am but especially any 2-3pm starts that SE corner of the stadium looks like they are getting their asses roasted.  Daughter (no pics) is a frosh and said it was fairly miserable over there a few games this season.  

Are you in the upper West? If so then yes, you are literally looking down your nose at us; that shit’s like watching a game from the Moon. If you’re in lower West, well I don’t know what to tell you - at least all the people bitching at you to sit down and stop yelling leave at halftime. Id rather come home bathed in sweat and sunblock than be over there…

I was in Section 31 Row 61 for a LONG time. Got moved like many others a couple years ago to the exact same seats on the north end, Section 26, Row 61. I got the call from Bellmont the other day. Now being moved to Section 30, Row 58, so an upgrade, I guess. I was told band was moving to Section 18.

Section 31 used be awesome. Sadly, now it’s a shadow of its former self. I pay a $150/year donation for four seats. Used to be LOTS of fans in their late 20’s and 30’s. Same faces every week, year in year out. So many fun times. Then after a good run in the 2000’s, the donation level is up to $2,200/year, which NO ONE is paying. As season ticket holders steadily dropped out by natural attrition over the years, they have NOT been replaced. Guy who called me said a whole bunch of tickets near me are now given to former Lettermen, who are obviously selling them on StubHub every week, or at least going to sit somewhere else. Lame. Same situation will move to Section 30 this fall.

Bernard

Does anyone know how seat numbering works? Or is there a good interactive seat chart or am I just gonna have to sneak in tomorrow? Moved to Section 30, seat 10 but in spite of having been in section 31 / 26 the last 10-15 years, I dont know if seat 1 is on the north or south end of the section. I blame the craft beer and whiskey. 

16 minutes ago, Yankee said:

Does anyone know how seat numbering works? Or is there a good interactive seat chart or am I just gonna have to sneak in tomorrow? Moved to Section 30, seat 10 but in spite of having been in section 31 / 26 the last 10-15 years, I dont know if seat 1 is on the north or south end of the section. I blame the craft beer and whiskey. 

Sections in DKR are bisected by the aisle; the aisle that split section 30 has (depending on the row) seat 23 on the south side of the aisle and seat 20 on the North side. You’re about 10 seats to the north of the aisle that runs through the middle of section 30…

• Like 2

Looks like we may have just missed the relocation, as we’re right on the other side of the isle, I think.

Our current seats were actually part of the relocation move a few years ago, and we like it better closer to the north end. Same Row (48) and same field position (north 20 yard line instead of south).