2022 Beijing Winter Olympics

shadow_operative2.0

4 hours ago, WBT said:

Like washers but with no ringers or leaners

Washers, horseshoes, curling, bocce, shuffleboard, cornhole….humans sure do love “throw some shit close to some other shit” games. Every culture has their version. Probably because it’s the best kind of game to play with a beverage in hand. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Watching the downhill event. I’m always amazed at that enormous balls it takes to do this event 

every winter Olympic sport involves sliding on ice, with the vast majority of events having a very significant risk of injury and/or death. 

say what you will versus the summer games, the winter games are much more dangerous lol.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

every winter Olympic sport involves sliding on ice, with the vast majority of events having a very significant risk of injury and/or death. 

say what you will versus the summer games, the winter games are much more dangerous lol.

Jordan Spieth tried to kill himself on the golf course today.  Danger is present in every sport if you’re willing to push the envelope.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don't know why I like curling. 

we all like curling every four years.

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Man the slopes are fucked. No way you have this many falls. 

There isn’t any snow, but I guess that the temps drop low enough at night so that the shaved ice doesn’t completely melt. There was a story in today’s Dallas Morning News with a photo of the Men’s Downhill course. 

E0AED9C8-4AE7-46A8-9ED7-2E6B508015C9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Wow, the men's 5k speed skating final heat was pretty cool.  The Swede van der Poel that's apparently been dominating the last 2 years was 2 seconds off the pace with 3 laps to go but made it up to win by 0.5 s.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s fucked up great job IOC, let’s pick a country with no snow for the WINTER Olympics. Oh yeah they are also highly politically charged (no CR).

Great choice.

The only other place that bid was fucking Kazakhstan.

I love the actual sports part of the Olympics but the IOC is such a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There isn’t any snow, but I guess that the temps drop low enough at night so that the shaved ice doesn’t completely melt. There was a story in today’s Dallas Morning News with a photo of the Men’s Downhill course. 

E0AED9C8-4AE7-46A8-9ED7-2E6B508015C9.jpeg

I think it’s cold, just no snow.  During the snowboarding yesterday they said it was -4 at mid day there.  The last few Winter Olympics have actually all used mostly fake snow for the events. 

Edited by Hook1997

The only other place that bid was fucking Kazakhstan.
 I love the actual sports part of the Olympics but the IOC is such a joke. 

Why are the summer and Winter Olympics only every four years? Why not have it every year? I can’t imagine all the curling athletes are super busy.

NBC sucks ass!!!!! Give Olympics to CBS, ABC, or Fox. I don’t like to watch on a damn app and I realize I have Apple TV which is like Direct TV and that’s not hip or cool and only lame asses like me like cable BUT, NBC blows ass!!!!

Edited by Nicole44

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

“Give Olympics to someone else” makes me laugh. $7.75 Billion may have something to say about that. 

Pour another drink Nicole, NBC has coverage in about 20 minutes. It’s not even 8 am there yet. 

Do you make it a fucking point to be a random asshole to me or everyone? I’m not drinking. I am not drunk. NBC is not doing a great job. I find their coverage to be lackluster and also confusing. Jmo. I like you as a poster but damnit you make it a challenge. 🤬

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

What exactly would you like them to be showing at 7:50 am? There’s continuous coverage on USA if you really need a fix. 

I’m not talking about the specific time of day or night. I know what time it is right now and accept that there isn’t anything live I am talking about NBC’s coverage and I am not the only one who finds it to be the suck.

Flip on Olympics. Luge is on. Cool. wait for announcers to explain the stakes. Who is the leader? Does this run have a chance of competing? Is the 4th run important? What the fuck is going on? I don’t give a fuck how their parents probably feel. Or where they went to school. What is happening in front of my eyeballs? End rant 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Flip on Olympics. Luge is on. Cool. wait for announcers to explain the stakes. Who is the leader? Does this run have a chance of competing? Is the 4th run important? What the fuck is going on? I don’t give a fuck how their parents probably feel. Or where they went to school. What is happening in front of my eyeballs? End rant 

Damn! That’s gold! 100% agree!