My First Game..Who Cares Just Win Game Thread V ISU

RockyMountainHighHorn

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

You'd never know Texas actually ended up leading in the first half based on this thread.

These are two of the best defensive teams in the country, who both are challenged when trying to score. It's like many of you expected something different than this.

Iowa State gives up 75 points a game on the road in conference. 

Carr has the highest ceiling of anyone on the team. He just needs to bring it more often and earlier in games.

Idk wtf is going on with Tre. Beard is forced to play him because of his size and scoring ability in the post but dear God his turnovers are off the charts.

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

You'd never know Texas actually ended up leading in the first half based on this thread.

These are two of the best defensive teams in the country, who both are challenged when trying to score. It's like many of you expected something different than this.

If you didn't see a bunch of shit offensive possessions by Texas in the first half, you need to share whatever it is you are smoking...

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

We've struggled to score all season.  There's a cumulative effect to the frustration.

• Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

We've struggled to score all season.  There's a cumulative effect to the frustration.

Texas last played on Tuesday, so they've had enough time to work on their struggling offense -- YEAH I agree with TexArcher about cumulative effect of FRUSTRATION with this SHITTY Texas offense

😋

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If you didn't see a bunch of shit offensive possessions by Texas in the first half, you need to share whatever it is you are smoking...

giphy.gif

I've seen shit offensive possessions all year long. Haven't you? 

At some point I learn to accept it as part of the deal. I just want to win the fucking game. Right now we're up by 2 at half, while shooting 2-6 from the free throw line. We only have 7 turnovers, compared to the shit show in taking care of the ball in Ames. Iowa State is shooting 32% overall from the field, and 14% from the 3 point line.

I'm very happy where we are right now. And it starts with the score board.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’ve been thumbing thru the principles of college basketball handbook … can’t find anything that even suggests a team that plays good defense must be shitty on offense.  🤔

But if a team plays shitty offense all year long, is it shocking they play shitty offense the next time out? Especially when going against one of the best defensive teams in the country?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas last played on Tuesday, so they've had enough time to work on their struggling offense -- YEAH I agree with TexArcher about cumulative effect of FRUSTRATION with this SHITTY Texas offense

😋

Because the offense was fine before Tuesday and we're just bitching about a couple of games?  We've been mediocre to bad on offense for three months.  The people who are frustrated by that aren't wrong.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Because the offense was fine before Tuesday and we're just bitching about a couple of games?  We've been mediocre to bad on offense for three months.  The people who are frustrated by that aren't wrong.

Not wrong, but unrealistic in terms of expectations. It's not like it's going to suddenly change. We'll see flashes, and that's about the best we're going to get.

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Not wrong, but unrealistic in terms of expectations. It's not like it's going to suddenly change. We'll see flashes, and that's about the best we're going to get.

Yeah, I don't expect it to magically get better.  This is who we are.  But it's still frustrating.

Like a hot chick who's not very good in bed.  Is she likely to suddenly start fucking like a pro?  No, but it's still annoying to see all that potential just laying there.  Our offense is a hot chick who can't fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Regressed from what? TCU is about the only game I've watched where they had a decent offensive game from whistle to whistle. Outside of that it's at best been inconsistently good, but mostly it's just been consistently poke your eyes out bad.

And now we're seeing some of the inconsistently good coming out of the half.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I don't expect it to magically get better.  This is who we are.  But it's still frustrating.

Like a hot chick who's not very good in bed.  Is she likely to suddenly start fucking like a pro?  No, but it's still annoying to see all that potential just laying there.  Our offense is a hot chick who can't fuck.

My problem is that as a basketball fan I need a slump buster. If this fat chick can get me a first round tournament win, I'll put a bag over her head and have the best nut I've had in a long time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Regressed from what? TCU is about the only game I've watched where they had a decent offensive game from whistle to whistle. Outside of that it's at best been inconsistently good, but mostly it's just been consistently poke your eyes out bad.

Yeah, it's a beating watching this team attempt to run an offense.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Oh, yah better not expect it to continue much longer today though according to some posters...

Fuck that attitude -- I expect this team to keep getting better and improve on offense !!!

And then when it doesn't you get pissed. 

At some point it's not the team's fault for not meeting your expectations. It's your fault for having unrealistic expectations.

All I care about is winning the game. I don't give a shit how it looks at this point. They're doing fine in that regard. They're not turning the ball over. ISU is.

Texas is also now shooting 6-13 from 3. I do not expect that to continue.

Just now, TexArcher said:

See, we know Lowell isn't going to magically become good at broadcasting, but it's still frustrating to sit through it.  Lowell is our offense with a microphone.

Well, yeah. Galindo is a ball ache.

But there's no redeeming qualities for Galindo. There are redeeming qualities about this team. It's not that hard to focus on them, to be honest. But so many posters ONLY want to focus on what they hate about this team. Game after game. I wouldn't watch if I was as miserable watching this team as y'all seem to be.