I need a scorecard for socks

Beau Vine

On 2/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, TurkeyChew said:

Donkey Cigars = Monkey Cigarette = Turkey Chew

I would argue against the term sock in this case as I am same person and making zero attempts to obfuscate. In fact I expect this to be the last iteration as the neg rep harassment from a cabal of two or three people has been outlawed and the offenders warned.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, Porterhouse said:

I’m not a sock. I am Dr. Beeper. I got into a pissing match with immamac that was really stupid on my part. I’m not Rex Kramer. I’ve said this multiple times. It’s like the more I deny it the less peeps believe and so occasionally I’d made comments that I was Rex, but mostly ignored those comments altogether  

I’ve never denied I was Beeper and so I don’t know how that qualifies as a sock. 

OK, Rex.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:25 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

What was Grendel's real name? IIRC he doxxed himself intentionally, so there's no harm in giving it out. Paul something....he really did have some job in the Capitol.

I thought Lobo was Grendel. 

And also I thought a sock was a concurrent account of a poster, not a reincarnation?

Yeah, that's what I thought a sock was too.  Not like a reboot/new account registration.  

Whoah, wait...I'm Grendel?  You have to be the last guy to figure out the lamest mystery in Shaggy/Surly history.  

I asked for my user history to be wiped because of some System/Regents stuff.  Hung back.  Came back with "Lobo" and stated as such.  Then watched for two years as posters were high-fiving themselves, "Holy shit, fucking Lobo is the old Cruiser!"  Like they were solving Columbo-level mysteries.  It was kinda cute actually, like when my retarded sister learned multiplication in her late teens.  But small people need big victories.  I had my real name posted by a regular here (and on the old site) on two occasions.  That was fun.  He was kicked off for doing it and conveniently reappeared swearing he'd never heard of the other guy.  It's fine, but he brought my wife's name into the conversation one time but I think the whole experience helped him kick his drug problem.  So win-win.  

Anyway, I guess dual accounts do exist and present an interesting challenge.  I remember Wheeler trying to weed them out on the old longhornfanzone

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that's what I thought a sock was too.  Not like a reboot/new account registration.  

Whoah, wait...I'm Grendel?  You have to be the last guy to figure out the lamest mystery in Shaggy/Surly history.  

I asked for my user history to be wiped because of some System/Regents stuff.  Hung back.  Came back with "Lobo" and stated as such.  Then watched for two years as posters were high-fiving themselves, "Holy shit, fucking Lobo is the old Cruiser!"  Like they were solving Columbo-level mysteries.  It was kinda cute actually, like when my retarded sister learned multiplication in her late teens.  But small people need big victories.  I had my real name posted by a regular here (and on the old site) on two occasions.  That was fun.  He was kicked off for doing it and conveniently reappeared swearing he'd never heard of the other guy.  It's fine, but he brought my wife's name into the conversation one time but I think the whole experience helped him kick his drug problem.  So win-win.  

Anyway, I guess dual accounts do exist and present an interesting challenge.  I remember Wheeler trying to weed them out on the old longhornfanzone

Shut the fuck up Lobo.  

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Pretty sure he’s now Porterhouse.  Could be wrong but doubt it

I’m your oil buddy Dr. Beeper. Do you have dementia or do you come in this thread every time you’re shit hammered?

He was the guy who posted the links to dick videos, right?  I get him confused with Ttomterrific since both seem to get run off at the same time.  

There seems to be a proliferation of "socks" or people returning under different handles lately (still don't know the difference).  I see that Rex Kramer returned in post #65.  I'm bad with names but can remember avatars pretty well, although people change those up much more frequently than their handles.  

All that to say, I haven't seen this many cum-stained socks since I cleaned out my behind my dresser in junior high.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

He was the guy who posted the links to dick videos, right?  I get him confused with Ttomterrific since both seem to get run off at the same time. 

he left of his own volition. pretty sure his besthugecocks post was very positively repped and people were begging him to stick around but he never showed up again after that post. I guess the mere possibility of being linked to an infatuation with violent pegging spooked him something crazy. I say everything should be tried at least once. 

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Nicole is a hitby sock, right?  I mean, there are no women on this part of the internet, other than maybe Bama and Whiggins. 

Whatever she is it's fucking annoying. She posts 10 times per page on the Ukraine thread and still manages to repost shit over and over. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, Bateshorn said:

Nicole is a hitby sock, right?  I mean, there are no women on this part of the internet, other than maybe Bama and Whiggins. 

I guess all the people who’ve either met me ot who have known me long before I ever started posting on here would be stunned that I am a sock. You don’t have to like me…but I am exactly who I’ve said I am time again. My name is Nicole. Only a moron would use their real name and real picture. Obviously I am a moron.  I’m not a sock. Don’t have multiple socks. Never have had a sock/s. It was nice meeting a lot of you at the surly tailgate this past football season. Looking forward to seeing all of you again. Surly tailgate actually made the season tolerable. Best part or watching the game.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, Nicole44 said:

I guess all the people who’ve either met me ot who have known me long before I ever started posting on here would be stunned that I am a sock. You don’t have to like me…but I am exactly who I’ve said I am time again. My name is Nicole. Only a moron would use their real name and real picture. Obviously I am a moron.  I’m not a sock. Don’t have multiple socks. Never have had a sock/s. It was nice meeting a lot of you at the surly tailgate this past football season. Looking forward to seeing all of you again. Surly tailgate actually made the season tolerable. Best part or watching the game.

1 Have you run for city council yet

2 What size camel saddle will fit you

Edited by Ignatius Reilly
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Captainant said:

TIL if you make enough socks after getting crowdsourced four or five times, the mods will just make you immune to neg reps to continue trolling, and even boost your rep just to protect their snowflake from melting. 

Good news for @GRHorn!

I know, right?  WTF @immamac?

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbk49ni8bd6438cmd1zo

We'll meet again (dammit)
Don't know where (CR, duh)
Don't know when (probably this afternoon)
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day (shrug)

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.34.06 AM.png

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

one can dream. I want to know how he went from ~-50 rep to +500 in one day.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wait, he was crowd-sourced just 30 mins ago. Now he's back?!?!

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Not sure how this equals +498 rep

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.08.07 AM.png

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Wait but really @hayden_horn and @immamac what's going on with Chrispy/Donkey/Turkey's rep? He's got 495 rep on a total of -136 points lol

somethings_fucky_trailer_park_boys.gif

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

I’m guessing it has something to do with correcting an abuse by a handful of people who are trying to neg me to Bolivia for simply presenting, in a respectful and non-troll way, a different point of view and position. Also probably because those people have been warned and yet decided to continue to neg random posts indiscriminately and regardless of post content, context or merit (and on random threads in the movie or help me forums). I guess a lot of you don’t realize that’s actually against the rules of this site. Just a guess.

Start a thread on board discussion though, this is not the place for it.

@Beau Vine wrote a post about why I boosted 1 single sock who has been being neg bombed. I added rep because of that. 

I've not boosted any other socks or reincarnated because they die legitimate deaths. Permabans aren't a thing here for being a shithead, they are a thing if you actually break the rules, of which none were broken by this particular person. 

Stop fucking rep stalking people. It's stupid, just put them on ignore. 

I am considering changing the rules of cloak room a bit since there is a playbook across the internet that people are using to push disinformation and cause "conversations" that aren't really discussions, but just ways to spout crazy nonsense. I'm trying to figure out how to word it concisely. 

Basically the ideology behind "Trust me, I'm lying" the book about how to take outrage into sensationalism and whatever. I see it all the time now in CR and it's a behavior exhibited by the alt-right to create discourse where there isn't actually discourse.

Once that's a rule then I'll start permabanning people for doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

@immamac - Granted nobody has ever accused me of being the smartest guy in the world but what is the point of being crowd-sourced if there is an explicit approval for simply re-registering? What purpose does it serve rather than simply having an increasing negative rep count? I get that permabans are not in place for merely shitty posting (thank the Lord!) but isn't it easier for the ignore list (which you are pushing) if there is no name change, since re-registering doesn't doesn't actually change posting?

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

@Beau Vine wrote a post about why I boosted 1 single sock who has been being neg bombed. I added rep because of that. 

I've not boosted any other socks or reincarnated because they die legitimate deaths. Permabans aren't a thing here for being a shithead, they are a thing if you actually break the rules, of which none were broken by this particular person. 

Stop fucking rep stalking people. It's stupid, just put them on ignore. 

I am considering changing the rules of cloak room a bit since there is a playbook across the internet that people are using to push disinformation and cause "conversations" that aren't really discussions, but just ways to spout crazy nonsense. I'm trying to figure out how to word it concisely. 

Basically the ideology behind "Trust me, I'm lying" the book about how to take outrage into sensationalism and whatever. I see it all the time now in CR and it's a behavior exhibited by the alt-right to create discourse where there isn't actually discourse.

Once that's a rule then I'll start permabanning people for doing that. 

I was under the impression that the one rule here is No Trolling.  Donkey has been crowdsourced multiple times for being a complete shitstain, yet he keeps coming back.  Why does he keep coming back?  Not because he has something to add which improves the community.  Nah, he's coming back just to troll.  

And you're enabling him.  Congrats.   

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I was under the impression that the one rule here is No Trolling.  Donkey has been crowdsourced multiple times for being a complete shitstain, yet he keeps coming back.  Why does he keep coming back?  Not because he has something to add which improves the community.  Nah, he's coming back just to troll.  

And you're enabling him.  Congrats.   

I honestly think he's just a fucking moron and the explanation is not as nefarious as you think. 

10 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

@immamac - Granted nobody has ever accused me of being the smartest guy in the world but what is the point of being crowd-sourced if there is an explicit approval for simply re-registering? What purpose does it serve rather than simply having an increasing negative rep count? I get that permabans are not in place for merely shitty posting (thank the Lord!) but isn't it easier for the ignore list (which you are pushing) if there is no name change, since re-registering doesn't doesn't actually change posting?

Trolls who reregister get permabanned fast and you probably don't notice. The whole point of crowd sourcing is to allow the community to basically say fuck off. It takes a special kind of stupid to keep coming back and keep getting crowdsourced, most people come back and change their behavior and then eventually slip into their old ways. That's not trolling. 

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

I honestly think he's just a fucking moron and the explanation is not as nefarious as you think. 

Nefarious is an odd word used to describe the process of trolling.  He's trolling.  And you just enabled him.  At best, by your admission, you just enabled a fucking moron.  Great job!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Nefarious is an odd word used to describe the process of trolling.  He's trolling.  And you just enabled him.  At best, by your admission, you just enabled a fucking moron.  Great job!

Message boards are serious business. Trolling is nefarious 

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

Trolls who reregister get permabanned fast and you probably don't notice. The whole point of crowd sourcing is to allow the community to basically say fuck off. It takes a special kind of stupid to keep coming back and keep getting crowdsourced, most people come back and change their behavior and then eventually slip into their old ways.

And the community has told this guy to fuck off multiple times, but for some reason, you're not only not OK with that, but have actually taken action to protect him.  Why?

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And the community has told this guy to fuck off multiple times, but for some reason, you're not only not OK with that, but have actually taken action to protect him.  Why?

By “community” do you mean the handful of people who stalk me and follow me around to neg me because they disagree with me? Why do a handful of mediocre posters with nothing but time on their hands and sad feelings because they disagree with me constitute a community?

Also I’m not trolling and never have. I believe 100% in everything I’ve ever said or posted and I don’t post to get lulz or whatever trolls post to get. Just because you disagree with me and I’m a mix of persistent and consistent, doesn’t mean it’s a troll job.

Lastly to the point I’ve been permabanned legitimely and just keep coming back— each it’s been a banning because someone like you would follow my post history back and spend literally a lunch hour, to neg me because they don’t like me or my takes. The better option if you are so thin skinned and emotionally unstable is the ignore button.

TL:DR, I’m not a troll and neg stalking back so far that you are negging innocuous movie review posts because you got your feelings hurt in a CR discussion, is trolling.

And yea I’ll admit being called a moron by immamac did sting a little bit.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TurkeyChew said:

By “community” do you mean the handful of people who stalk me and follow me around to neg me because they disagree with me? Why do a handful of mediocre posters with nothing but time on their hands and sad feelings because they disagree with me constitute a community?

Also I’m not trolling and never have. I believe 100% in everything I’ve ever said or posted and I don’t post to get lulz or whatever trolls post to get. Just because you disagree with me and I’m a mix of persistent and consistent, doesn’t mean it’s a troll job.

Lastly to the point I’ve been permabanned legitimely and just keep coming back— each it’s been a banning because someone like you would follow my post history back and spend literally a lunch hour, to neg me because they don’t like me or my takes. The better option if you are so thin skinned and emotionally unstable is the ignore button.

TL:DR, I’m not a troll and neg stalking back so far that you are begging innocuous movie review posts because you got your feelings hurt in a CR discussion, is trolling.

Thing is though, you collect negs from LOADS of posters, for a variety of lazy, shitty, awful opinions. And you get another load of negs for hollow, fallacious arguments and """jUsT aSkInG qUeStIoNs" in threads about serious topics, like families being criminalized because they have a gay child. 

It may be a single poster pushing you over the tipping point, but you spend months and months on the bubble from a community consensus of negs.

To your point, you definitely are the recipient of unwarranted negs on otherwise benign posts - but it's from a history of threadshitting and other long-term posters on the site just fucking giving up on you and wanting you to go away.

And I honestly go back and forth with you. You occasionally turn on your brain and make an argument that while I disagree, at least fucking makes consistent sense. But for the most part, it's just earnest shitposting. Reminds me of hiding behind "earnestly held beliefs" as a shield to say whatever horrible thing you want without fear of social consequence. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thing is though, you collect negs from LOADS of posters, for a variety of lazy, shitty, awful opinions. And you get another load of negs for hollow, fallacious arguments and """jUsT aSkInG qUeStIoNs" in threads about serious topics, like families being criminalized because they have a gay child. 

It may be a single poster pushing you over the tipping point, but you spend months and months on the bubble from a community consensus of negs.

To your point, you definitely are the recipient of unwarranted negs on otherwise benign posts - but it's from a history of threadshitting and other long-term posters on the site just fucking giving up on you and wanting you to go away.

And I honestly go back and forth with you. You occasionally turn on your brain and make an argument that while I disagree, at least fucking makes consistent sense. But for the most part, it's just earnest shitposting. Reminds me of hiding behind "earnestly held beliefs" as a shield to say whatever horrible thing you want without fear of social consequence. 

That’s just not accurate. If you pulled like a tableau report or something you’d find that 80% of the negs are from 20% of the posters. The exact reason why we have an ignore function. If you (the general you) are so emotionally compromised that my handle triggers you from past conversations and you just have to neg everything that gets said, ignore is the best thing for you, me, the community, etc.

A handful of weirdos spending their lunch hours from the factory floor and their breaks in the teachers lounge to go back and neg posts in the CYHM and Movies and Music forums because I dare exist and have  contradictory opinions and point of views that I want heard— most of the time knowing legitimate discussion that doesn’t conform to CR company line will be met with intolerance— does not a community ban make, is the point.

If you don’t want to hear them, ignore. Because the handle will stay the same and the ignore is a longer term solution than trying to be censorious and ban someone who will just come back because the banning was illegitimate.

Right?

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

That’s just not accurate. If you pulled like a tableau report or something you’d find that 80% of the negs are from 20% of the posters. The exact reason why we have an ignore function. If you (the general you) are so emotionally compromised that my handle triggers you from past conversations and you just have to neg everything that gets said, ignore is the best thing for you, me, the community, etc.

A handful of weirdos spending their lunch hours from the factory floor and their breaks in the teachers lounge to go back and neg posts in the CYHM and Movies and Music forums because I dare exist and have  contradictory opinions and point of views that I want heard— most of the time knowing legitimate discussion that doesn’t conform to CR company line will be met with intolerance— does not a community ban make, is the point.

If you don’t want to hear them, ignore. Because the handle will stay the same and the ignore is a longer term solution than trying to be censorious and ban someone who will just come back because the banning was illegitimate.

Right?

Why don't you show us a sample of your posts from CYHM and Movies and Music that have attracted more than a handful of negs?  99% of your negs are coming directly from you posting stuff that is inflammatory and shitstained in nature. 

Edited by Beau Vine

23 hours ago, Captainant said:

Lmao what a load of bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

23 hours ago, Captainant said:

In ten pages back of his 20 I found one neg that wasn't in DT or CR. I think the one he made on the Mexican soccer fight got him 26 and might have been DT.

Edited by cactusflinthead