Travel Backpack Recs Wanted

Post Oak

2 hours ago, Txzen said:

That Peak Design bag is the shit though - I use it all the time. Great for active trips where I'm lugging a camera and electronics but also want to maybe pack my helmet, cycling shoes, etc.

Just enough pockets, love that it has a full zip access from the part that has the back straps - that way when you lay it down you can access your stuff and not get the part that touches you dirty from the dreck of a 3rd-world airport or the great outdoors. Deep secure side pockets, fits over the handle of a rolling bag, hidden waist band, laptop sleeve, side and top quick carry straps... It's super technical but doesn't shout that I'm backpacker. Darn near everything Peak Design makes is great (tech pouches, capture clip, etc.). It's the largest you can carry on for international regulations, and even though it's basically one big space it can fill up quickly. 

Ode to my PD 45L. I've taken it all around the world at this point. Great bag. 

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/travel-backpack/?variant=11530908172332

that's a nice bag

On 5/13/2022 at 4:41 PM, Txzen said:

That Peak Design bag is the shit though - I use it all the time. Great for active trips where I'm lugging a camera and electronics but also want to maybe pack my helmet, cycling shoes, etc

It's definitely well built but like the Osprey is had too much structure and just doesn't have the volume that my current bag has.   I could never use this as a single bag for a 1-2 wk trip without a secondary bag.