The 2022 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

are the playoff participants all locked up, or is anybody playing for a spot this week?

4 teams for 2 spots but the 2 on the outs need basically perfect weeks and the 5/6 need basically shutout weeks.  Seeding for 1 is set.  2/3/4/5/6 could go various different ways

We did it fellas. Assuming my calculations are correct, looks like the projections from last week held up. Capn hangs on to the bye week by the tiniest of margins. Literally one more loss would have flipped the bye week to NOMAAA. We will wait til morning to see what the official results look like. 

UNOFFICIAL PLAYOFF PROJECTION

Division Winners (BYE):

#1 seed - HG - 147-73-8 (.662%)
#2 seed - Capn - 116-95-18 (.548%)

Wild card week (Week 20):
#3 seed - Derka - 125-87-15 (.583%)
vs
#6 seed - Castonlon - 108-105-15 (.507%)

AND

#4 seed - NOMAAA - 118-97- 13 (.546%)
vs
#5 seed -Phil - 115-99-14 (.535%)

Someone feel free to check the math. 

Good luck in the wild card week! Can't wait for Derka to get blown out and we get a 5-page essay on why division byes are bullshit. 

4 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

what?  why?  so much of this shit seems like its being made up on the fly.  going to need to  be some changes in 2023.

Its not made up on the fly. its half custom rules from prior seasons and half default ESPN rules. We never have taken time to sit down and have an owners meeting to write all this shit down in a constitution type document. this will be my priority in the offseason. 

all suggestions welcomed! 

at the top of the docket: 

1. eliminate divisions. seed off record. 

2. sign derka's mom to a 5 year extension for draft duties

3. ???

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

Its not made up on the fly. its half custom rules from prior seasons and half default ESPN rules. We never have taken time to sit down and have an owners meeting to write all this shit down in a constitution type document. this will be my priority in the offseason. 

all suggestions welcomed! 

at the top of the docket: 

1. eliminate divisions. seed off record. 

2. sign derka's mom to a 5 year extension for draft duties

3. ???

division winners should get byes, but divisions should be randomized every year. we play an unbalanced schedule for a reason, right?

add a trade deadline. 

what other issues are there?  reseeding is pretty standard in fantasy leagues (and real sports playoffs). 

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

division winners should get byes, but divisions should be randomized every year. we play an unbalanced schedule for a reason, right?

add a trade deadline. 

what other issues are there?  reseeding is pretty standard in fantasy leagues (and real sports playoffs). 

roster expansion. 

more stats.

feels like there are always some teams that drop off the map entirely at a certain point in the season.  last place prize maybe?  full sooner gear at the next years tx ou game?  i dont know.  something. 

the re-seeding deal is new to me.  maybe i didnt make the playoffs or out of the first round when i did.  it seems cheap to me that the 1 seed, ostensibly the best team in the league, would get an advantage of jumping brackets to play the team that snuck in the playoffs and got lucky to advance past the first round.  im probably looking at it wrong though.  so f me. 

On 8/28/2022 at 10:57 PM, castolon said:

My team has folded like a screen door in a hurricane the last few weeks with no hope in sight so the derka essay will likely have to wait.

well my pitching staff has done a swell job of imploding itself, so i wouldn't count yourself out just yet. also, you've got great  team name juju going- i win this league with a team called The Mad Fat Chick Killer. 🤘🏼 nooge