The 2022 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

shadow_operative

in fact that's a good question re; the entire playoffs- if its the same as the hoops league then BO manually sets the schedule once we hit the last five weeks of the mlb season, where we have a 1 week WC round followed by four weeks of semifinal/final matchups, again, with the divisions being meaningless, and the top two w/l records being the 1/2 seeds. 

Edited by shadow_operative

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

is this league the same as the fantasy hoops league, ie do the top two records overall get the 1/2 seeds and the byes, or do the division winners each get a bye? 

separately, we are in a little trouble here.

right now the league is setup for only 4 playoff teams and only 2 rounds of playoffs (each 2 weeks). 

the way it's been previously (i think) is that the division winners get the byes, and the next 4 best records get seeds 3-6.  someone should be able to check the history and see if that's what we've done.  my memory is that the first round is one week and the next two are 2 weeks.  that cannot happen with the current scheduling.

looks like we have 2 options:

(1) scratch week 20, make that week when the playoffs start

(2) keep week 20, but have the first two rounds be only one week, and then the finals be 2.5 weeks, because the stupid season ends on like a wednesday

You’re in last place with no hope for the playoffs. Why are you even trading players in the first place? Let alone to the first place team. Doesn’t make any sense but thems the breaks I guess. Eloy had suppressed value to being hurt for a third of the season. 

17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

separately, we are in a little trouble here.

right now the league is setup for only 4 playoff teams and only 2 rounds of playoffs (each 2 weeks). 

the way it's been previously (i think) is that the division winners get the byes, and the next 4 best records get seeds 3-6.  someone should be able to check the history and see if that's what we've done.  my memory is that the first round is one week and the next two are 2 weeks.  that cannot happen with the current scheduling.

looks like we have 2 options:

(1) scratch week 20, make that week when the playoffs start

(2) keep week 20, but have the first two rounds be only one week, and then the finals be 2.5 weeks, because the stupid season ends on like a wednesday

Week 20 is the first round. I forgot to make everyone have bye weeks. Our regular season ends week 19. So week 20 is the wild card 1-week playoff. Winners of Week 20 will face the division winners in the normal playoff schedule. But yes, it stupidly ends on a Wednesday so the championship will be 2.5 weeks. Odd. 

I've made the changes on the schedule. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

You’re in last place with no hope for the playoffs. Why are you even trading players in the first place? Let alone to the first place team. Doesn’t make any sense but thems the breaks I guess. Eloy had suppressed value to being hurt for a third of the season. 

Because i can still win games and mess with the standings. Eloy has been hurt. Julio has been hurt. Mark is....well Mark. 

Just because im in last doesn't mean i have to roll over and die the rest of the season. 

I'm all for changing our rules to do a trade deadline but thats always been met with no votes. 

4 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

Because i can still win games and mess with the standings. Eloy has been hurt. Julio has been hurt. Mark is....well Mark. 

Just because im in last doesn't mean i have to roll over and die the rest of the season. 

I'm all for changing our rules to do a trade deadline but thats always been met with no votes. 

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

they matter for division winners. they get the byes. 

im definitely going to propose ghat we change that rule next year. in our hoops league the divisions meant nothing so we scrapped them, and just award the byes to the top two overall records. my division is much tougher than the other one and im ~.45 points ahead of the other division winner and yet he'll get a bye while i play a one week playoff where this long ass season could just be over for me with no reward for having the second best record in a 14 team league. we gotta change that.

Edited by shadow_operative

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

im definitely going to propose ghat we change that rule next year. in our hoops league the divisions meant nothing so we scrapped them, and just award the byes to the top two overall records. my division is much tougher than the other one and im ~.45 points ahead of the other division winner and yet he'll get a bye while i play a one week playoff where this long ass season could just be over for me with no reward for having the second best record in a 14 team league. we gotta change that.

well of course people want to change the rules when it affects them. 

divisions used to be more meaningful because the previous top two teams got to draft their own divisions. if we want to do away with that, im fine with it. 

Final two weeks of the season. 

IF the playoffs started today (assuming my math is right with the current scoreboard):

Division Winners (BYE):
#1 seed - HG
#2 seed - NOMAAA

Wild card week (Week 20):
#3 seed - Derka
vs
#6 seed - Phil

AND

#4 seed - Capn
vs
#5 seed - Castonlon

20 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

well of course people want to change the rules when it affects them. 

divisions used to be more meaningful because the previous top two teams got to draft their own divisions. if we want to do away with that, im fine with it. 

i feel this way regardless of where i stabs in the league. its just what makes sense.

58 minutes ago, Fawesome said:

For those saying basement teams don't matter....

My domination over NL this week knocked him from the 6 seed. You are all welcome. 

I was winning the whole week bitch. You just happened to have your best day of the season today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

Derka you too. Cancelled both. Let me know if interested. 

you know damn well i'm interested. 

23 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

If they like they can always offer back. Just starting the convo. 

you ended your convo literally moments after you started it. i never even saw the offer lol. 

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

hey @henrygandorf, really dope move trading shohei to my current opponent the very moment that your matchup with me ended. not only do i get to face him teo weeks in a row, but he's got a two-start week this time around! at least only 8/12 from the plate this week!

🤬🤬🤬

who are you playing next week?  just curious.

• Haha 1