Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

59 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

We get a nudity warning at the beginning and it’s just some Goodman ass? I was holding out hope for some Wexler ass. Who was the car at the end of episode 2? Didn’t look quite like Hamlin, so maybe the PI Chuck had hired in Season 3?

If only it were some real KettleTits. <note this is NSFW and not from BCS>

Spoiler

Julie-Ann-Emery---Catch22-S01-E01-2.gif

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 4

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

We get a nudity warning at the beginning and it’s just some Goodman ass? I was holding out hope for some Wexler ass. Who was the car at the end of episode 2? Didn’t look quite like Hamlin, so maybe the PI Chuck had hired in Season 3?

I thought perhaps the DA's office investigator.  They obviously have an interest in Saul and his client who disappeared.

2 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

My uneducated guess:

Spoiler

Don Eduardo aka Lalo

Also, regarding Mrs. Kettleman; I would happily and vigorously hammer that all night long.  The actress playing the part bears an uncanny resemblance to my girlfriend during my junior year at UT.  She was fun.

Edited by 83Horn

i would love to see Kim go to prison when all is said and done, just so we can get a new spin-off show of Kim being the boss bitch of cell block A. lots of shower scenes, obviously. remember the fight scene in the bath house in Eastern Promises? it'll be like that, but with Kim vs Mrs.Kettleman.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Yes. Gus is trying to implicate Nacho and distance himself.
Yes. He killed the guy because they looked alike. He also had his dentist "fix" ZZ Top's teeth so that his charred corpse would be identified as Lalo.

I’m a dumbass and that helps clear it up. Thanks
  • Like 1

Yes. He killed the guy because they looked alike. He also had his dentist "fix" ZZ Top's teeth so that his charred corpse would be identified as Lalo.

Peter Gould gave an interview to EW concerning last night's episodes.  Warning, lots of spoilers.

https://ew.com/tv/better-call-saul-creator-on-jimmy-kim-scheme-lalo-season-6-premiere/

Spoiler

Warning: This article contains plot details from Monday's episodes of Better Call Saul, "Wine and Roses" and "Carrot and Stick."

Entering its final season, Better Call Saul had much to unpack about Jimmy's concerning devolution, Kim's alarming new scheme, and Lalo's frightening revenge mission. But in its first order of fascinating business, the show boxed up Saul Goodman's life after he fled town in the frantic, desperate end days of Breaking Bad. Yes, the season 6 opening sequence featured a mesmerizing montage of workers clearing out all sorts of gaudy belongings from Saul's mansion (and holy s---, was that a golden toilet?) that ended with a teeny but significant bottle stopper toppling out of a loading truck and settling unceremoniously onto the street. Proof of life? A reminder of what once was? Whatever the case, Kim lives on. In Jimmy/Saul's mind, at the very least.

In season 6's first two episodes, "Wine and Roses" and "Carrot and Stick," guileful lawyer Jimmy/Saul (Bob Odenkirk) and his wife, attorney extraordinaire Kim (Rhea Seehorn), decided (after a bit of tentative back-and-forth) to enact Kim's shady scheme and settle that Sandpiper lawsuit, claim a fat payday, and "bruise" up Kim's dapper ex-mentor Howard (Patrick Fabian) in the process. And so they began building their Rube Goldberg Scamtraption.

First Jimmy planted a packet of baby powder in Howard's country club locker to discredit him to golf buddy and fellow lawyer Cliff Main (Ed Begley Jr.). Then Jimmy and Kim rang the Kettlebell, paying a visit to season 1 embezzlers Craig (Jeremy Shamos) and Betsy Kettleman (Julie Ann Emery), who, as it turns out, had found a new grift as tax preparers. Jimmy manipulated the Kettlemans into painting out Howard as someone who was "nose-deep in the devil's dandruff" to Cliff, thinking they were on the road to restoring their own reputation. When they (half-)caught on and threatened Jimmy, Kim brought down the hammer: She threatened to turn them over to the IRS and strong-armed them into repaying the tax clients they cheated, in exchange for "forgetting" the name Howard Hamlin.

Meanwhile in Mexico, cartel player Lalo (Tony Dalton) swore revenge on the Chicken Man, a.k.a. Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito), for the attempt on his life at his compound, and he was last seen driving off in search of proof. And the man who helped to facilitate said assassination attempt, Nacho (Michael Mando), was hiding out at a motel, as instructed, when he realized that he was being set up for a not-so-pleasant encounter with the Cousins. A shootout. A fleeing of the scene. Deducing he was a wanted man by all sides and all the wrong people, Nacho told Gus' conflicted right-hand man, Mike (Jonathan Banks), that he wanted to speak with the boss.

Now is a good time to crawl out from underneath your slime-covered rock, crank up the ZZ Top, say the quiet part out loud, and enter the cathedral of justice. And by that we mean: see what comes out in discovery with Better Call Saul co-creator Peter Gould, who has some thoughts on Nacho ("Nacho becomes the man he was always meant to be); Lalo ("Once Lalo goes to war, there's a lot of repercussions for a lot of characters"); Kim ("Kim is thinking of herself with a little touch of Robinhood"); Jimmy, who shined at the country club but did let Lalo's name slip in a conversation with authorities ("Part of the story of this first episode is Jimmy getting his mojo back"); and, yes, the force that is Kim & Jimmy ("I don't think either one of them would be doing the things that they're doing if they weren't together"). Keep reading to see what other insights Gould had to offer about the intriguing beginning to season 6. What's the harm in listening?

Rhea Seehorn and Bob Odenkirk on 'Better Call Saul'
Rhea Seehorn and Bob Odenkirk on 'Better Call Saul'

| CREDIT: GREG LEWIS/AMC/SONY PICTURES TELEVISION

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Instead of opening the season on a black-and-white Gene scene, viewers were treated to the colorful dismantling of Saul's gaudy house after he fled town at the end of Breaking Bad, complete with a Sunset Boulevard reference with that cardboard cutout of Saul in the pool. This was a peek into questions like: Who is Saul Goodman when he's not in the office? Who is he with? That's probably not Kim's bra. How much of Saul Goodman is an act?

PETER GOULD: This is a guy who seems to live this image, day and night, but at the same time you see that he's kept one thing, which is the stopper from the Zafiro bottle. Even the Saul Goodman we met on Breaking Bad was using Ice Station Zebra as his shell cooperation, and clearly that's something he got from Kim. So even though it may not look like it on the outside, clearly Kim is on his mind.

Which leads to our next question: Kim's bottle stopper fell out onto the street — a trinket from the Ken Wins scam, and the object she went back to her office to retrieve when she quit Schweigert and Coakley. This scene is years later. Are you leaving open the possibility that this is a remnant of her life that she held onto and maybe she's still in Jimmy's life some form? Or — and this seems more likely — that this a remnant of Kim and Jimmy's life with her that he held on to, a memory of what once was but slipped away, whether she's alive or dead?

That's a great question. If there's a Zafiro stopper, how far away is Kim Wexler? I'm thrilled that people are asking this question, that they're worried about Kim, and answers will be in the show. There's no ambiguity about what happens to Kim, I'll tell you that.

Are we going to get another peek at that little black book?

That intriguing little black book could turn out to have a significance. That whole teaser is chock-full of references to where we've been, but also references to where we're going. There are things that get called Easter eggs, which are some little reference that only the sharp eyes will notice. But there's also — I don't know what to call them, Preaster eggs? — there are Easter eggs that will only make sense after you've seen a lot more of the show. Hopefully what'll happen is that it'll just make you feel like it's a very complete story when it's all said and done.

Can you also say this is another indication that we'll spend a little more time in the Breaking Bad era this season as those timelines start to join up?

Yes. I think it's safe to say that, but it may not happen the way you expect — or when you'd expect.

When Jimmy and Kim are at El Camino, talking tentatively about doing the big scheme, it reminds you of how often the show has put forth the idea of small decisions leading to bigger consequences. There are so many off-ramps in front of these characters, and it doesn't have to play out like this, but whims, egos, and other factors are at play. "So, we're doing that?" "I thought we were. You think we shouldn't?"

It doesn't have to go the way it's going. In our fictional world, these people really are the authors of their own fate. And sometimes you make a decision, and it seems like a very small, small one in the moment, and it turns out to have enormous consequences. Maybe that's a good argument for trying to do the right thing as much as you possibly can.

Speaking of that, Kim is calibrating the plan that will now leave Howard just a little bruised. But as Cliff is playing guitar, thinking about what the Kettlemans said about Howard, have Jimmy and Kim just set into motion something they can't control? Because at the end of episode 2, they've only tied off the Kettleman end of it.

This is a very tricky scam that these two are embarking on. They're trying to scam people who are very intelligent, who are attorneys, and who all live in the same world that Jimmy and Kim live. It's one thing to try to scam someone in a bar 10,000 miles from home; it's another thing to scam someone who knows you, and knows you are a scammer and who lives next door. So they are definitely taking big risks here. But on the other hand, they've proven in the past they can pull these things off, so we'll see.

At the restaurant, Kim pitched Jimmy on how the Saul Goodman office should look: "Something showy, a cathedral of justice." What are her motivations in helping turn into him into this cartoon? Is this her way of connecting with him? Is she becoming more invested in Saul Goodman? Because scheming is when things start popping between them.

That's true. And I think they both know this now. When there is a little bit of lull in the relationship, the spark that can always relight the fire is scamming. You're very right to pick up that on a big moment because Kim has been up to now very skeptical of this Saul Goodman persona. "Why can't Jimmy just use his own name?" Part of it is that she sees that he's made a definite decision, and that this is something that he's passionate about. And there's another part of it, which is if the person you love is into, I don't know, opera music, you have choices about whether you're going to say, "I hate opera," or whether you're going to go with them to the opera — and Kim is making the choice to go to the opera.

How long have you been planning a Ketttleman comeback? At the end of season 4, you did tell me, "I'm still pining for the Kettelmans."

Always, always. They've created these amazing characters — Julian and Jeremy, they're both incredible actors. There's not a lot of improv on the show; it may look like there is, but that's a tribute to how great these performers are. Jeremy and Julian can improv as the Kettlemans, and they've had some lines and little pieces of physical business that we were so excited to have them back in action as the Kettles again. You know, we have this corkboard in the writers' room with the names of all the characters we'd like to bring back. And, boy, we really would've not felt good about finishing the show if we hadn't seen the Kettlemans again. You'll see as the season goes on — it's not like there's any deep hidden meaning in the show — there are these couples who all made different choices about how to live, and you're going to see at least a trilogy of these couples who make an appearance, and the Kettlemans are some of our favorites.

Kim's facial expression changes when the Kettlemans talk about losing everything. She later tells them, "You think you lost everything, you have no idea." Her voice is wavering, as if she's the one who lost everything. Will there be more insights into that from her life before she met Jimmy, which we've seen very little of?

That's a great question. Kim told a story last season about her childhood. I think you could tell that Kim Wexler is somebody who's seen a lot of different parts of life. It's interesting because that moment when she sees the Kettlemans taking advantage of people, that really seems to hit a note close to her heart. And don't forget that the folks that the Kettlemans are taking advantage of are pretty much Kim's clientele in her pro bono world. So think that she's got good reason for putting the hammer down on those two…

In fact, I would argue what they're doing now is worse than what we're doing when we met them. When we met them, Craig seemed to be cooking the books of the City of Albuquerque. Now they're taking advantage of poor people who were eager to get gambling money. Believe it or not, this scam was inspired by something that happened to my wife. She found out that someone else had had filed a tax return in her name in order to get her refund. We're living in a world with a lot of people on the make and a lot of scammers. And unfortunately in real life, they're not as much fun as the Kettlemans.

Sorry to hear that happened to your wife... Rounding off to the nearest dozen, how many people should be scared of Lalo? And how does this assassination attempt change his cartel calculus? Because he seems like he's operating on a much more emotional level now.

When we met him, way back in season 4, he was coming to Albuquerque because there were no more Salamancas around. He was the guy who is forced to just take a look at the family business and make sure everything's going okay. And there's this guy, Gustavo Fring, who's a thorn in the sides of the Salamancas, especially Hector [Mark Margolis]. For good reason, by the way. Hector, pretty shrewdly, understands that when you shoot a man's partner in the head in front of him, he might carry a grudge totally. Fring's success in bringing in cash has enabled him to get past that with the rest of the cartel.

But in any case, Lalo comes there and he's — I wouldn't say he's completely fun, but he always seems to be enjoying himself, even when he is perched on a mountaintop with a pair of field glasses. Now they've come to his house. Now they have killed people under his protection, people he cares about. And, in Lalo's mind, forced him to kill that nice couple he had in waiting because the husband is something of a double. His eyes are blazing. When you see how angry Lalo looks, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that. He's really in a burn-it-all-down mood.

Any hints you want to drop about the proof that Lalo is off to find, after Hector tells him that he'll need it? 

If fans watched the beginning of last season carefully, Lalo is making a bunch of phone calls and trying to understand what it is and Werner Ziegler [Rainer Bock] was building for Gustavo Fring. And that would be a definitely a vulnerability for the Fring organization. He needs some kind of proof that Gus is plotting against the cartel. Otherwise killing him while he's making big bucks for Don Eladio [Steven Bauer] is going to be a problem for the Salamanca family.

Tony Dalton on 'Better Call Saul'
Tony Dalton on 'Better Call Saul'

| CREDIT: GREG LEWIS/AMC/SONY PICTURES TELEVISION

Mike's loyalties are being tested by Gus. He agrees to set up Nacho in Mexico, but draws the line when Gus demands that his dad be brought to him. He's a loyal soldier — but an outspoken one. Where is his head at?

It took Mike a long time to sign up with Gus Fring. Because he knew that that was going to take him to a very dark place. He did make that decision, and now he's got to live with it. What we're finding is that Mike's moral code is very different from Gus Fring's. Gus Fring very much sees everyone in the world as chess pieces. On either side of the law. Mike draws a sharp distinction between people like him and like Nacho who are in the game, and innocents who are at the sides. And that's a distinction that does not seem that important to Gus Fring. And somehow Mike has to live with this contradiction. Usually under normal circumstances, it doesn't come up. But right now, it does. And at the moment the Gus threatens Nacho's dad, you see that that's a line Mike's not willing to cross.

Nacho realizes he's being watched and set up, but instead of revealing what's happening, he only tells Tyrus that he has a bad feeling about this…

Nacho's no idiot. And he knows very well that Gus Fring doesn't have his best interest at heart. And the Gus Fring organization is the one that shot him in the side in order to make a setup look a little bit better. So the fact that he's got this sort of safe haven in Mexico — at first Nacho's kind of happy not to be on the run. The wheels are turning and somehow he's being set up, and in episode 2, you see exactly how he's being set up. They want him waiting in motel where the Cousins are going to show up, and Nacho catches on just moments before. If he had caught on just 45 minutes later, the Cousins would've grabbed him and he'd be tortured and dead. That's why they give Nacho the gun, because the real setup is hoping that he's going to be trapped in a firefight with the Cousins, and one way or another Nacho will be killed in the action.

Nacho then seems to want to negotiate with Gus, and it's clear that he's in grave danger and a valuable piece that's in play. Is he willing to give himself up or sacrifice himself for his dad's safety, which is paramount to him?

Episode 3, don't watch it while you're standing on the subway. It's a banger. It's really something.

In the last scene of "Carrot and Stick," a car tails Jimmy and Kim as they drive away from the Kettlemans' office. Who might that be?

We don't know who, but somebody's onto them. And, boy, that doesn't seem like good news.

What's the word that you'd use to best describe what awaits viewers in episode 3?

Shattering.

• Hook 'Em 2

"There's no ambiguity about what happens to Kim, I'll tell you that. "

"Episode 3, don't watch it while you're standing on the subway. It's a banger. It's really something."

"What's the word that you'd use to best describe what awaits viewers in episode 3?

Shattering."

Hmmmm...just my speculation, but none of this bodes well for Kim.

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

"There's no ambiguity about what happens to Kim, I'll tell you that. "

"Episode 3, don't watch it while you're standing on the subway. It's a banger. It's really something."

"What's the word that you'd use to best describe what awaits viewers in episode 3?

Shattering."

Hmmmm...just my speculation, but none of this bodes well for Kim.

Kim is definitely flying too close to the sun trying to fuck with Howard and Cliff. They’re both very smart guys in their own right. They’re much smarter and resourceful than the typical people her or Jimmy have conned. Add that to the fact that Jimmy’s heart isn’t in this con and this is gonna end badly for her. Best case scenario is she gets disbarred but she could easily end up spending time in jail, killed, or needing to buy a dust filter for her Hoover MaxExtract60 Pressure Pro.

• Like 1

Great tv. Can't wait for next week. What doesn't make much sense to me is that the Fring people wouldn't consider that the cartel would try and take Ignacio alive from the get go? I read the above from Gould - 'they gave him a gun and hoped he would die in a firefight'? Seems like a risk Gus would not take in the first place. Whether Lalo is dead or alive, they still would want to know who Nacho was working for and why.

Oh well minor grievance. 

35 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Kim is definitely flying too close to the sun trying to fuck with Howard and Cliff. They’re both very smart guys in their own right. They’re much smarter and resourceful than the typical people her or Jimmy have conned. Add that to the fact that Jimmy’s heart isn’t in this con and this is gonna end badly for her. Best case scenario is she gets disbarred but she could easily end up spending time in jail, killed, or needing to buy a dust filter for her Hoover MaxExtract60 Pressure Pro.

I've wondered if she and Gene meet up in the afterlife of Omaha, since she is from a small Nebraska town.

Yeah, it's fairytale, and so far, Gilligan and Gould don't have many fairytale endings for their characters.

35 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Great tv. Can't wait for next week. What doesn't make much sense to me is that the Fring people wouldn't consider that the cartel would try and take Ignacio alive from the get go? I read the above from Gould - 'they gave him a gun and hoped he would die in a firefight'? Seems like a risk Gus would not take in the first place. Whether Lalo is dead or alive, they still would want to know who Nacho was working for and why.

Oh well minor grievance. 

I had the same thoughts about that.  Gus either needs Nacho alive, or he needs to hill him himself.  Nacho talking is very bad for Gus.

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I've wondered if she and Gene meet up in the afterlife of Omaha, since she is from a small Nebraska town.

yeah, since they didn't start the season in black and white with Gene, i think that's how the series ends.

hell, Walter White could swing by Omaha on his way up to New Hampshire in the vacuum cleaner guy's big rig.  that was speculated several years ago:

Odenkirk, Gould and Gilligan then speculated about whether Gene/Saul/Jimmy would be in less trouble if Walter White died, or more trouble if he died. Gilligan noted that prosecutors might come down even harder on Gene/Saul/Jimmy for being Walter White’s lawyer if they couldn’t capture White. But Odenkirk noted that Saul/Jimmy is a shrewd negotiator who might be able to strike a deal.

“Do we even know in our Omaha sequences, our Gene sequences, Do we know… I mean, has it happened yet?” Gilligan said, referring to Walt’s demise.

“Oh s—!” declared podcast host Kelly Dixon, speaking for everyone listening.

“We haven’t defined that. We haven’t said how long Gene has been… in Omaha,” Gould responded.

“It’s a good question,” added Gilligan. “We don’t know yet. It’s a good question. Has it happened yet, has it not? As you say, Peter, we have not defined it.”

“It’s an open question,” Gould replied.

“And a good question,” Gilligan said. “It’s one that will have to be answered at some point, like a lot of these things.”

Gilligan has said he is “desperate” to find a way to get Walter White and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) onto “Better Call Saul.” Maybe this gives him a window.

Look at a map of the United States. If Walter White decided to stop in Omaha on his drive from New Hampshire to Albuquerque, he wouldn’t have to take too much of a detour to stop in Omaha for a Cinnabon.

How would he know where Saul was? Well. As “Granite State” showed us, he spent several days rooming with Saul before they parted ways — but after Saul took a photo for his fake Nebraska driver’s license. And Saul told Walt, right before they parted, “If I’m lucky, a month from now, best case scenario, I’m managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.”

https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-vince-gilligan-walter-white-alive-cinnabon-omaha/

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yeah, since they didn't start the season in black and white with Gene, i think that's how the series ends.

hell, Walter White could swing by Omaha on his way up to New Hampshire in the vacuum cleaner guy's big rig.  that was speculated several years ago:

Odenkirk, Gould and Gilligan then speculated about whether Gene/Saul/Jimmy would be in less trouble if Walter White died, or more trouble if he died. Gilligan noted that prosecutors might come down even harder on Gene/Saul/Jimmy for being Walter White’s lawyer if they couldn’t capture White. But Odenkirk noted that Saul/Jimmy is a shrewd negotiator who might be able to strike a deal.

“Do we even know in our Omaha sequences, our Gene sequences, Do we know… I mean, has it happened yet?” Gilligan said, referring to Walt’s demise.

“Oh s—!” declared podcast host Kelly Dixon, speaking for everyone listening.

“We haven’t defined that. We haven’t said how long Gene has been… in Omaha,” Gould responded.

“It’s a good question,” added Gilligan. “We don’t know yet. It’s a good question. Has it happened yet, has it not? As you say, Peter, we have not defined it.”

“It’s an open question,” Gould replied.

“And a good question,” Gilligan said. “It’s one that will have to be answered at some point, like a lot of these things.”

Gilligan has said he is “desperate” to find a way to get Walter White and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) onto “Better Call Saul.” Maybe this gives him a window.

Look at a map of the United States. If Walter White decided to stop in Omaha on his drive from New Hampshire to Albuquerque, he wouldn’t have to take too much of a detour to stop in Omaha for a Cinnabon.

How would he know where Saul was? Well. As “Granite State” showed us, he spent several days rooming with Saul before they parted ways — but after Saul took a photo for his fake Nebraska driver’s license. And Saul told Walt, right before they parted, “If I’m lucky, a month from now, best case scenario, I’m managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.”

https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-vince-gilligan-walter-white-alive-cinnabon-omaha/

I’m thinking Kim got fucked by the courts and is doing major time in a women’s prison near Omaha. This would explain why Saul became a manipulator of the justice system in such a ruthless way. There was always some tact and empathy in what Jimmy was doing in the courtroom, even if it wasn’t the best decision. We know something flips him into being the BB Saul Goodman and it’s either Kim’s imprisonment or death.

21 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I’m thinking Kim got fucked by the courts and is doing major time in a women’s prison near Omaha. This would explain why Saul became a manipulator of the justice system in such a ruthless way. There was always some tact and empathy in what Jimmy was doing in the courtroom, even if it wasn’t the best decision. We know something flips him into being the BB Saul Goodman and it’s either Kim’s imprisonment or death.

Or she cons him and hangs him out to dry which just leaves him totally jaded and would explain why his attitude is so different in Breaking Bad. Or something bad could happen to her and he fully embraces the “Saul Goodman” persona as a way to cope or honor her since she seems to be pushing him that way this season by encouraging him to get a showy car and a new office that is a “cathedral of justice.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

The fucking tension as Nacho watched the guy watching him was amazing.  Not a word of dialogue was required for it.

This.

But then I think they ruined it with the lameness of the shootout. Like others have pointed out, there just seems like there could have been a better way to write that scene 

8 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Part of me thinks that the disposition of Kim will be clear and obvious (as soon as Ep 3), so this gives more time for the BB version of Saul to develop.  Whatever happens, it accelerates his transformation.  Because the final season airing is split into two parts (part 2 starts in July I believe), what happens in the last episode of Part 1 will be the last we see of Kim until the last few episodes airing in August.  Assuming she's not killed off.  I can't see that happening.  I see her getting disbarred for the Mesa Verde and Howard shenanigans, and Jimmy can't - or more interestingly - won't save her from that fate.

The wildest Idea I have is Kim either dimes Jimmy to the feds or outright murders him in the final scene of the series.

• Like 1

Kim and what happens to her has become the major driver of the show for me. It’s such a great mystery that they have built; I can’t wait to find out and at the same time dread it. I don’t want her killed off as I would dig a spin off of her. Is she in witness protection or prison or in the Grand Caymans?

Can anyone recall how the interaction went down between Jimmy and Kettletits on S1? Was Cliff Mayne involved at all? Was he aware Jimmy was involved? I can't. But I kind of am running with Gould's answer here - 'these people are smart'. Howard knows it's Jimmy fucking with him. Cliff was with Howard when the hoes showed at the CC. Cliff was with Howard when the powdered sugar came out of his locker. I get this is not real life but if this is real life HH had undoubtedly tried to explain to Cliff what Jimmy is doing and Cliff is smart enough to understand that the whole Kettleman thing is a Jimmy/Saul play. Plus Cliff gave that look like hmm. I wonder if the car following Jimmy and Kimmay is related to Cliff having some suspicions. 

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Kim and what happens to her has become the major driver of the show for me. It’s such a great mystery that they have built; I can’t wait to find out and at the same time dread it. I don’t want her killed off as I would dig a spin off of her. Is she in witness protection or prison or in the Grand Caymans?

I predict jail for Kim.  This way Saul could have ruined her life AND they can resume the story in Omaha. Also, they keep filming her behind bars.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Kim in a womens prison spin-off could be great, especially on Cinemax. Maybe she’s got the hit out on Saul.

Maybe that's it.  Kim realizes her husband is going to bank on the scamming of Howard.  The scam works, Saul gets paid, and then Kim scams Saul.  She could be the biggest fraudster of all.