Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

Fring has a trap set in the basement. Construction isn't finished. Lots of concrete to pour...

Oh I think that comes into play too... I just think that Mike gets the final whatever on it. Saves Fring from Lalo's last gasp or whatever. You know they're not gonna just let Lalo go out like a bitch. 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:00 PM, henrygandorf said:

this is the type of shit that i try not to let drive me crazy when i'm watching good tv/movies.  a partner in a big law firm would have on-the-books investigators and off-the-books pi types that they would regularly use.  especially a guy like howard, who can be paranoid, had trouble with chuck, having marital issues, he would have someone he already knows and trusts.  no way this type of situation would've been handled by a cold call.

the problem with this type of hiccup, is that the viewer never saw that initial interaction, so we don't know much about the hiring process of the investigator.  assuming what we assume, the viewer likely thought "wow, this pi is probably a regular, so how could jimmy have gotten to him, how will he get these photos to howard?"  that's what i was thinking, and that's what the video guy suggested would be an interesting puzzle with a tough solve.

but no, it was an easy solve, because jimmy had cooked those books well in advance.

the part that really bothers me about the jimmy/howard feud is that howard did about the nicest thing he could've done for jimmy - he took the blame for jimmy never getting offered a job at hhm, all to protect the tenuous and fragile relationship between chuck and jimmy.  howard actually liked jimmy the person, admired his hustle, then was forced to take the fall.  after it was discovered, he didn't bitch and complain, he just carried on.

the point of all of this is that walt was not a good guy, at least once on his journey.  and neither is jimmy.

Remember Howard is obsessed with his image. There's that whole discussion with his wife about who is going to make an appearance at some party.

If that is true, and if Jimmy knows this about Howard, then it's understandable that Howard would want to use a "burner" PI just for this stupid little pissing match with Jimmy. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a stupid escalating prank war.

• 2 weeks later...

So, AMC and the producers showed Episode 8 (airing on AMC July 11th) at the Tribeca Film Festival last night. Some spoilers below, but non-specific with respect to plot or what happened in Episode 8.  Buckle in.

Spoiler

This episode was directed by Vince Gilligan, and based on some spoilers shared on Twitter and elsewhere, will be extremely plot intensive - for those complaining about how slow episodes earlier this season were, uh, that's not going to be a concern here and moving forward.   There's a teaser from Odenkirk also about a new character that will emerge in the final episodes, played by a "legendary, classic film actor".

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Awesome. Anyone know where I can find the first half of the final season? My dvr didn’t record episodes 3, 4 or 5. Asshole machine 

Spoiler

google "123movies".  they have a bunch of different websites/servers that i think change URLs from time to time so i didn't want to just post one link.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Lurch said:

Not for me. Fortunately it looks like they’re going to run them all again on July 1 so we can catch them this time

July 1st eh? Excellent. Finished up the Netflix rewatch the other day. I suppose I can wait a week. 

I have no idea wtf is about to happen but I know Gilligan and his crew are going to fucking nail it 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

July 1st eh? Excellent. Finished up the Netflix rewatch the other day. I suppose I can wait a week. 

I have no idea wtf is about to happen but I know Gilligan and his crew are going to fucking nail it 

I think it's gonna be wheels.fucking.off incredible.  I have no doubt in my mind they are going to throw sticks of dynamite in a campfire to close it out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Kim's mom?

Edit:  maybe not.  I mean, she's no match physically for that actress that protrayed Kim's mom in the shoplifting scene this season.

Someone that is/was a Sandpiper resident?

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 6/27/2022 at 3:29 PM, SizzleChest said:

I threw that out there before I looked at the Reddit hypotheses.  Most are saying she'll play Howard's mom.  A few are saying Kim's grandmother.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, dogbreath said:

I’ll go with jimmy's first wife. He was  attracted to her drapes. 

I've also seen a few people say she could be Ed the Disappearer's wife who has taken over the family business since Ed died...  Plausible.  Also a lot of hubbub about a new tease that shows a brand new, recast Jeff the cab driver...

and this one, all the clips are from previous episodes except the bookends, who's hands are those with a wedding band on?  Everything means something.

12 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

6 days away.  Everyone ready?  

oh yeah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I hope this is it for the Breaking Bad World. Finish the last 6 episodes of Better Call Saul, and call it a day Gould/Gilligan. 

Lightning rarely strikes twice. There's no reasoning to push it. 

Nah, I wanna see a 65-year-old Giancarlo Esposito play an 18-year-old Gus transforming into a chicken & meth kingpin. 

How do you do, fellow kids' has become the 'how do you do, fellow kids' of  memes - The Verge

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I hope this is it for the Breaking Bad World. Finish the last 6 episodes of Better Call Saul, and call it a day Gould/Gilligan. 
Lightning rarely strikes twice. There's no reasoning to push it. 

I wouldn’t mind something on what happened to Skyler. But as you pointed out it would probably suck.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Nah, I wanna see a 65-year-old Giancarlo Esposito play an 18-year-old Gus transforming into a chicken & meth kingpin. 

How do you do, fellow kids' has become the 'how do you do, fellow kids' of  memes - The Verge

I wanna see Holly follow in walts footsteps and take back Walts territory. After she kills her brother 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5