Better Call Saul: Season 6

Lurch

14 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Those dudes with Gus at the dry cleaners were total pussies. All 5 of them die immediately when Lalo steps out of the shadows? Wtf.

this - let's all bunch up, all face the same direction and be under armed with no body armor, and keep the lights dim !

51 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

So what reason does Gus have for not killing Saul and Kim at this point? They seem like lose ends to the entire Lalo saga

This is why I thought the show made such a point to show Gus's (impressed?) reaction to hearing how Jimmy persuaded Lalo to change his mind about something. It suggested a level of respect and/or anticipation of future utility, both of which could be reasons why Gus might spare him. 

If accurate, there isn't much benefit in sparing Kim, so perhaps she meets her end at Gus's hand in order to set the tone of their attorney client relationship. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

9 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This is why I thought the show made such a point to show Gus's (impressed?) reaction to hearing how Jimmy persuaded Lalo to change his mind about something.

my take was gus figured out lalo's true intentions weren't to kill gus at his house, but to provide a distraction drawing all of mike's men to gus's and thus away from the laundromat.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

So what reason does Gus have for not killing Saul and Kim at this point? They seem like lose ends to the entire Lalo saga

Only thing I've read and think works is if Kim starts working for Gus as basically a his priced attorney, thus protecting Saul and protecting that Saul won't talk.

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

Have to disagree here.  The fact that Lalo was "talked out" of anything at all by Jimmy meant that whatever Lalo was ordering them to do wasn't of any particular importance to him.  From that, he discerned that Lalo's real mission was elsewhere, and that could only mean the lab.

The idea that Gus would be impressed by, or feel respect for "Saul" is kind of funny to me.

Exactly, nobody is talking Lalo out of anything, he's letting them do exactly what he wants them to do.

Even in that black moment though, had to bust out laughing first when Lalo had to shut them up, essentially "yap yap yap with your mouths, Dios mio!"  and then later telling Kim, "get your shoes, you'll need them".  Some fine dark comedy mixed in there.

It was a good episode but a couple of nits to pick:

• The show really telegraphed the showdown with Lalo by showing Gus planting the gun and pacing out the steps from the extension cord last episode.  I guess the action would have been hard to follow otherwise but I would have liked to have not know ahead of time exactly how that showdown was going to happen.
  • Mike comes back bitching at Gus for handling it on his own?  He should have been apologizing his ass off and hoping not to get fired sent to Bolivia for providing such shitty security.

It was a good episode but a couple of nits to pick:
  • The show really telegraphed the showdown with Lalo by showing Gus planting the gun and pacing out the steps from the extension cord last episode.  I guess the action would have been hard to follow otherwise but I would have liked to have not know ahead of time exactly how that showdown was going to happen.
  • Mike comes back bitching at Gus for handling it on his own?  He should have been apologizing his ass off and hoping not to get fired sent to Bolivia for providing such shitty security.
I liked that they showed Gus planning for the showdown. I fully expected that plan to fail, especially when the scenario was clearly unplanned.

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

that was 100% his plan, with gus showing up being the added bonus.  he even said so in his video to eladio.

Yup. When he said at the beginning of filming he wished him and Don Eladio could slice and dice him at his pool, but he couldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Lalo was such a great character.  Loved how his last breath was a laugh. 

Just finished it, underrated point was Lalo switched clips right before he started filming. Armor piercing rounds I would presume? I think he was laughing because he knew he had hit the Chicken Man.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, UncleCharlie said:

Can we speculate in this thread?

Because if we can, I think Gus is gonna behead Kim in front of Saul just to make sure he knows not to fuck with the Chicken Man.

I would be astonished if Kim is beheaded. I won't be surprised if she dies, but I don't think she's going to have her head sawed off. 

I think we saw Gustavo turn a little corner. He was pretty irritated with Mike and put him in his place. He has tended to back down from Mike in the past. I like the line of thinking that he's going to do something next/soon that asserts his dominance even further. Beheading Kimmy seems a bit extreme but this guy does have an affinity for box cutters so you never know. 

Back to the Lalo not killing Jimmy thing... Other than his being a psychopath, I don't really understand his motivation to kill him. That stuff he said about Nacho introducing him to Jimmy and Jimmy being involved with the Mexico attack was bullshit. Lalo knew that it was Gus that ordered the hit and that Jimmy had nothing to do with it. He was just using Jimmy and Kim as a distraction. Maybe keeping him alive buys Lalo a little more time at the laundry because he knew that they would have to ask Jimmy what was going on and figure out what was what versus just coming across a corpse. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yeah. I had to rewind that because I couldn't tell if he actually shot any bullets. 

Same here.  I could even tell that he only had two shots.  I assumed he shot his six and just kept pulling the trigger to make sure the gun was empty.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It occured to me this morning; when does Gus visit the nursing home and mock Hector over what transpired?

Because you know that is coming.

He should play Lalo's video for him too

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Same here.  I could even tell that he only had two shots.  I assumed he shot his six and just kept pulling the trigger to make sure the gun was empty.

Rewound. Looked like 4 shots, possibly 3 until chamber was empty. Not a huge gun guy but do they make 4 shooters? 

Just now, Baboontyme said:

Rewound. Looked like 4 shots, possibly 3 until chamber was empty. Not a huge gun guy but do they make 4 shooters? 

They make 5 shooters. I didn't get a good look at the revolver.

I'm gonna say it: The entire Lalo/Gus sequence was contrived and stupid.

That Gus' 4 or 5 supposedly top hired gunmen would stand around in the dark facing the same way within feet of each other while not knowing Lalos whereabouts is a bridge to far. Total derp. 

Gus foresight that he would be in the exact location of the cable and revolver 

Maybe I'm missing something, but it was terrible.

Rest of ep was nails tho.

• Hook 'Em 1

i don't want to read last two pages of thread bc i haven't watched yet
but does anybody else have an AMC+ subscription via Amazon Prime they're trying to watch it on... and it's showing a per episode charge?? i thought with the AMC+ subscription it would be free!

You have to go down where AMC+ is listed under Your Channels. It’ll be free there. You’re looking at the regular Amazon listing that rents it.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

That Gus' 4 or 5 supposedly top hired gunmen would stand around in the dark facing the same way within feet of each other while not knowing Lalos whereabouts is a bridge to far. Total derp. 

Not to mention the crew that was apparently composed of Moe, Larry and Shemp trying to assassinate Lalo last season. I left out Curly because he was probably competent enough to get the job done